Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: JM or Hogtunes?  (Read 691 times)

sixgun95

• Full CVO Member
JM or Hogtunes?
« on: October 31, 2021, 11:49:21 PM »

Want to upgrade my stock sound system on a 15" Ultra Limited.  I am looking at two systems:

https://www.hogtunes.com/product-page/wba-ultra-kit-amp-speaker-kit-1

https://jmcorp.com/JM-ROKKER%C2%AE-XXR-EXTREME-800w-4-SpeakerAmplifier-Installation-Kit-for-2014-2021-Harley%C2%AE-UltraLtdTri-Glide_p_334.html

Anyone have any recent experience or comments about either? I want a top notch system that does not give me any problems! Quality is first, not overly concerned with price at this point.

All of reviews/comments I find are all old and out of date.

What do you think?
2015 Ultra Limited Low

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: JM or Hogtunes?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 05:45:38 AM »

I cant really comment on these two systems, but you may want to check out SoundZ, I used their system in my Limited and I'm very happy with it, you can hear it just fine riding down the interstate with a full face on. There are several other members that have also used them.

https://soundzbaggeraudio.com/

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

sixgun95

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 09:57:57 AM »

I cant really comment on these two systems, but you may want to check out SoundZ, I used their system in my Limited and I'm very happy with it, you can hear it just fine riding down the interstate with a full face on. There are several other members that have also used them.

Had no idea these folks existed, thank you.
2015 Ultra Limited Low

Glenncarp

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 10:00:16 AM »

Agree Soundz is AWESOME, however, I spend about $800 on amp and speakers from J&M and I am happy. Good as Soundz? No, good for $800 rather than $1,500 or more? I think so.

sixgun95

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 10:11:35 AM »

Agree Soundz is AWESOME, however, I spend about $800 on amp and speakers from J&M and I am happy. Good as Soundz? No, good for $800 rather than $1,500 or more? I think so.

What did you buy from JM for $800?  Amp and 1 set of speakers?
2015 Ultra Limited Low

Glenncarp

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 10:17:57 AM »

What did you buy from JM for $800?  Amp and 1 set of speakers?

2 channel amp, 2 speakers

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 10:22:48 AM »

Yea, I never said they where less expensive, lol , but I get what you're saying, I spent about $2200.00 for the speaker's, amp and the DSP, they actually came to my house to install it, I live about 35 miles south of Cleveland, they where going to be in the area to do a warranty repair, so they came out the next day and installed it, I ended up with a problem, after a couple of months, radio made a loud pop and quit playing, I called them, they had a tech call me back on what things to check, it was a bad DSP, they sent me a new one, when I removed the old one, it ended up that it had a bunch of water inside the case, it was because of the way the guy installed it, there's not much of a choice on a CVO Limited because of the CB and the Whim, that's where they like to put it, on the new one I just made sure the case sealed good and made sure it wasn't going to leak, turned it upside down so the wires came out the bottom of the case and reinstalled it where they had it and it's fine for the last two years, their customer service was great.

But yes there are less expensive options and probably pretty good ones, but Soundz was who I decided on and have no regrets parting with my $2200.00 dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.