Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '07 Fairing lowers self open/close  (Read 1594 times)

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
'07 Fairing lowers self open/close
« on: July 31, 2007, 03:43:56 PM »

Anyone else got issues with their '07 fairing lowers opening or closing a few clicks when driving highway speed (75-80 mph max)? I find it annoying that if I set mine full open or full closed THEY DON'T STAY THERE. Doesn't appear to be any adjusting for tension (haven't checked my service or supplement manuals yet. :nixweiss:
Service manager will address. Just wondering if I'm the lone ranger with this issue.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: '07 Fairing lowers self open/close
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »

I haven't done it but there is a tension adjustment at the top of the vent doors.  If you have a service manual you can do it or your dealer can do it for free.  No they shouldn't self close and yes it can be adjusted/corrected easily.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 03:50:25 PM »

Anyone else got issues with their '07 fairing lowers opening or closing a few clicks when driving highway speed (75-80 mph max)? I find it annoying that if I set mine full open or full closed THEY DON'T STAY THERE. Doesn't appear to be any adjusting for tension (haven't checked my service or supplement manuals yet. :nixweiss:
Service manager will address. Just wondering if I'm the lone ranger with this issue.
I've noticed my left lower vent will close a "click" after riding with them wide open.  The right one is fine, so it leads me to believe the tension adjustment on the left one is a little loose.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 04:13:57 PM »

I haven't done it but there is a tension adjustment at the top of the vent doors.  If you have a service manual you can do it or your dealer can do it for free.  No they shouldn't self close and yes it can be adjusted/corrected easily.

Excellent! Thanks for the tip and it looks like I have myself a homework assignment.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »

Use caution when tightening the adjusters. I have seen them strip out as the bolt head is only in soft plastic. I small strip of velcro up high on the door will help hold them open as well.

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »

Use caution when tightening the adjusters. I have seen them strip out as the bolt head is only in soft plastic. I small strip of velcro up high on the door will help hold them open as well.

In other words, avoid SEEGARSMKR's mantra??: "If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!" :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Thanks hd-dude :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 05:33:19 PM »

I noticed I must have adjusted mine to have the similar issue after I dumped it. 

At speed the right one won't stay open all the way, may have gotten some sand in there I suppose.  I better get out the compressor and blow it out and then check the adjustment.

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 08:17:40 PM »

When I first got my '06 my doors would occasionally self close or worse yet - when winter riding they'd open on their own. I was able to successfully adjust them and they've been fine for the last year.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.