Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: New Vance & Hines Monster Ovals  (Read 72388 times)

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
Re: New Vance & Hines Monster Ovals
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 06:34:06 PM »

I spoke to Mark this morning when I ordered a set WO Chubbys.  I ask him about availability and he pretty much said middle of April, but did not know when he might have some. 

Good luck Zeb.  Let us know what you think.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 08:42:53 AM »

I do not think they will be too loud or as loud as the ovals.  V&H seems to be very PC these days.

Before I bought the Ovals, I visited V&H at Myrtle Beach and they had six or seven different bads with different exhaust and they let you hear them side by side.  That helped me a great deal to decide.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »

Anyone put on a set of these yet?

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 04:43:33 PM »

Still havent' seen mine yet.  I ordered a set from M&M Cycles.  They were suppose to be released around April 15th but the last time I talked to Mark is sounded like they wouldn't be seeing any until early May.  I'm starting ot have second thoughts as now that I can get out and ride my '06 SEUC the standard ovals sound pretty good!  But just a tad less volume would be great.  I've waited this long for the Monsters so might as well see what they sound like.  If the sound can improve in the standard ovals they shoudl be sweeeeeeet!

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 07:16:30 AM »

For that price they can stay on the shelf
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 01:09:36 PM »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive for slippons.... :-\

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2008, 01:28:51 PM »

Doesn't it seem strange that we pay $30K+++ for our CVO's and then put thousands of $$$$ in extras on the bike.  But then complain about a set of slipons that are priced a couple hundred over the competition???  I paid $585 for my Monsters from M&M Cycles.

Hell, I had the dealer install a set of Wild 1 Chubby's on my '06 SEUC last year and by the time I got it out of the shop it was over $800.

Maybe V&H has come up with the perfect set of muffs.  Maybe not!  But until a few sets get delivered we need to withhold judgement.  I know there a lot of guys just like myself that have tried numerous sets of slipons in search of the perfect one.  How much have we all spent on that?  But that's all part of the fun of owning a Harley.  Customizing it to our own tastes.  Face it, these bikes are a "money pit", but we all still love 'em.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 03:04:42 PM »

But that's all part of the fun of owning a Harley.  Customizing it to our own tastes.  Face it, these bikes are a "money pit", but we all still love 'em.

Ain't that the truth.  Let us know what you think of the new mufflers.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »

Dohhh, you went and ruined it for me,  ;D I thought they were nice for what I was thinking would be $500 cans. :o

Those 'cans' are priceless
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 03:13:17 AM »

Nice looking cans with the chrome tips, but I think they are trying to get into the Rinehart business with the black end caps.  I think this is V/H way to stay EPA friendly, plus I like it a little louder than most. I guess that goes back to my bar-hopper days on my Dyna. But MSRP is $150 shy of what I payed for a complete Sampson caliber true duel system and muffs.

Mark

2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »

I've got the V&H Ovals with the true duals and I'm very happy with the looks, sound and price...the ovals have just the right amount of "loud" for me...they aren't over bearing, but yet they will "bark" if you want/need them too.  I can cruise at 75/80 all day long, hear the radio just fine and enjoy the nice rumble that they give off.  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

RedDevil,
I agree with you.  Love the sound, looks and performance of my V&H duals and ovals too.  They are not too loud but a tad less in volume would be great.  Guess that's why I have to give the Monsters a try.  Unless they look as good as the standard ovals and provide the sound I want they will be on eBay.  :)  I also wonder how they are going effect the map on my PC.  I have an advanced map that is doing a very good job.  I really don't think it will change much with the Monsters, but I suppose I may have to have it tweaked if I keep the Monsters on.
Zeb

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 09:40:25 AM »

RedDevil,
I agree with you.  Love the sound, looks and performance of my V&H duals and ovals too.  They are not too loud but a tad less in volume would be great.  Guess that's why I have to give the Monsters a try.  Unless they look as good as the standard ovals and provide the sound I want they will be on eBay.  :)  I also wonder how they are going effect the map on my PC.  I have an advanced map that is doing a very good job.  I really don't think it will change much with the Monsters, but I suppose I may have to have it tweaked if I keep the Monsters on.
Zeb

Not sure if you'll have to change the map much, if any.  The monter's are probably a little more restrictive, but they also have more volume, so that should almost equal out.  Just thinking out loud here... 8)

2012 FLHXSE3

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »

I emailed Mark at M&M Cycles today and received a quick response.  Here it is:

hi george, all pushed back until the end of this month now, i called vance and hines Friday to find out what the h@#& was going on with these as they continue to push the dates back. i was told that they are waiting for end caps from both the chromer and the powder coater. they also told me that they will have all backorders shipped by the end of the month. i think v+h really stepped on there d*%#s on this one bro, in 20 years i have never seen a product more in demand.........that doesn't exists! lol, they have released a few here and there they said (15 total so far this month!) , but this is a bad way to release a new product, starting off on the wrong foot! i do hope they are everything they say they will be, again, should you grow tired of waiting, i have no problem with refunding your order, just let me know bro, God bless, and thanks for your patience, mark

Not sure what I'm going to do, I might just bag it for this riding season and let some else try them first.  It is frustrating.  Wish V&H would get their "poop in a group".

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »

It looks like the V&H Monster Ovals are working out about the same way the Hardkhrome Vortaxx system is.  Both are wonderful products.   ???
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:59:55 AM by Steve G »
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.