Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: TTS harley tuner  (Read 46877 times)

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: TTS harley tuner
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »

Hello all,  I'm Doc, one of the Beta Testers and Dealer for Steve Cole's TTS V-Tuner. Steve contacted me this morning to see if I would be intrested in giving you all the required 10% discount you get for being a forum member. I inturn contacted the Forum Administrator this afternoon to see what we could set up to get you the product and of course get me the payment...lol. Anyway I'm waiting on a reply from your F.A. as of now.
Doc

HDMD Tuning Center
EFI Tuning Training
hdmd88@yahoo.com
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »

Doc, i got your message. just let us know how you would like us to contact you to order with the discount and I'll post the instructions in our vendor discount board
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

skidly

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 11:08:31 PM »

Steve,
    I have a 2008 FLHX, 96ci, SE AC, Bub7 slip-ons, stock head pipes with a stage 1 download from Harley. I'm installing Bub cross dresser tru dual headpipes.   With the TTS V-tuner would I be able to download the map that is in my ECM now, and install tru- dual headpipes, run data logger and tweak my map with auto tune program?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 08:06:55 AM »

Steve,
    I have a 2008 FLHX, 96ci, SE AC, Bub7 slip-ons, stock head pipes with a stage 1 download from Harley. I'm installing Bub cross dresser tru dual headpipes.   With the TTS V-tuner would I be able to download the map that is in my ECM now, and install tru- dual headpipes, run data logger and tweak my map with auto tune program?

Skidly,

You can not pull the current map from your ECM. Sucks, but true. You'll need to start with a canned map and tweak from there. Sorry.

:indian_chief:

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »

Skidly,

You can not pull the current map from your ECM. Sucks, but true. You'll need to start with a canned map and tweak from there. Sorry.

I believe your tuner cann give you the current map on a memory stick for transfer.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »

I believe your tuner cann give you the current map on a memory stick for transfer.

Only if you get it from them when they tune the bike, or afterwards if they can find your file on their computer. The file comes from the computer, not the ECM. There just isn't any way to pull the current map from the ECM like you can pull the Power Commander map from the PC on the bike.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 08:28:28 AM »

Only if you get it from them when they tune the bike, or afterwards if they can find your file on their computer. The file comes from the computer, not the ECM. There just isn't any way to pull the current map from the ECM like you can pull the Power Commander map from the PC on the bike.

That is my understanding...from the computer used for your tune. I would hope they save the maps by customer name.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »

That is my understanding...from the computer used for your tune. I would hope they save the maps by customer name.

But, that would make sense. ;)

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 09:17:08 AM »

Skidly,

With the New TTS V-Tuner you CAN retrieve and restore the map that is in your ECM before a canned map is installed. However you can not make any changes to the retrieved map....it only stores it as a MTE file to be restored at your will.
Doc's Performance Tuning

Sean M Cary

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »

But, that would make sense. ;)

I'm in the same boat with Skidly...  I want to mess with my SERT, but am afraid to lose what I know works!

I have a map from the maps section here, but man - I am hesitant to load it.  I have NO idea who did the tune when my dad owned it.

Sean

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »

With the New TTS V-Tuner you CAN retrieve and restore the map that is in your ECM before a canned map is installed. However you can not make any changes to the retrieved map....it only stores it as a MTE file to be restored at your will.

Doc, that's awesome news to have a safety net. Kudos to Steve for implementing that. Can you see the map so that you can manually put it into a new map to use going forward, or is it a black box restore?

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »

Doc, that's awesome news to have a safety net. Kudos to Steve for implementing that. Can you see the map so that you can manually put it into a new map to use going forward, or is it a black box restore?

The map stores on your computer as a MTE file, you can use the net or something else that will open it and view the file BUT no changes can be done. I'm not sure if a copy/paste can't be done because I never opened one yet ....I have however stored several stock maps before a tune was done with the TTS Tuner. The Store/Restore feature does not marry to the bike so it can be used on several bikes at will....ie...you can use the key (dongle) on any bike without danger of it locking to the ECM, Data Master can be used in the same manner.
Yes Steve went all out for us this time.....there is even a Speedo recalibration in the TTS Tuner that allows you to change gearing or tire profile without throwing off your speedo reading.
Doc's Performance Tuning

Sean M Cary

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 09:55:54 AM »

Doc, what about folks like me who have a SERT?  Will the upgrade path allow this capability as well??

Thanks

Sean

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 10:04:40 AM »

hey doc!! i bet you are wearing a floral print shirt and bermuda shorts??? eating a fruit breakfast?

thats right, these alabama rednecks have ESPn.

glad to see ya here.
dennis

oh you got PM

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 10:11:42 AM »

Doc, what about folks like me who have a SERT?  Will the upgrade path allow this capability as well??

Thanks

Sean
Sean
Yes it's my understanding it will up grade evrything just as if it where a V-Tune unit ...BUT... it will still be locked to the existing bike (ECM) from which it came.
Doc's Performance Tuning

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.