Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117]

Author Topic: Paint Problems 2006  (Read 176866 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Paint Problems 2006
« Reply #1740 on: September 04, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »

Quote from: REG
GAB link=topic=3842.msg259746#msg259746 date=1188925495
Hey Mike L............how's it goin' Bro?  The MoCo fix your paint yet?  Here's another weapon for the arsenal.

Mike L got mad and left the group because the paint issue was not being focused on to his liking. He's not a member anymore (not as Mike L anyway). So your posts to him can't be answered Henry.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #1741 on: September 04, 2007, 01:31:43 PM »

Mike L got mad and left the group because the paint issue was not being focused on to his liking. He's not a member anymore (not as Mike L anyway). So your posts to him can't be answered Henry.

Hoist! 8)

Ah....alrighty then.  I should focus my attention.  Thanks Howie.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
Re: paint problems
« Reply #1742 on: September 18, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »

I really hate to hear that you guys are having trouble w/ the paint on the new bikes.  That's at least 3 years in a row that the custom paint jobs have been problematic.  Maybe it's just not possible to do really custom paint jobs like candies, pearls, hand-striped, etc in a semi-producion process and have it turn out consistently good.  Sometimes more than money is involved in works of art.  I gotta admit, the HD CVO paint jobs are very nice when there's no problem.  8-) spyder

My husband had an 03 Gold SE Road King. The saddlebags and lids did not match the rest of the bike, neither did the side covers, all were different shades of gold and on some of the parts the black primer showed through. Our dealer order 8 different time replacements in an 18 month period. They did get a bit better match each time they ordered, but never a real good match up. He ended up trading it in in late 05 for and SE E-Glide in the two tone red. That bike didn't have any paint issues at all. Now he's sold it and is going back to a Ultra Classic, the SE in white and silver. Surely they can't mess that up. Sandy
Sandy :)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #1743 on: September 19, 2007, 06:58:02 PM »

My husband had an 03 Gold SE Road King. The saddlebags and lids did not match the rest of the bike, neither did the side covers, all were different shades of gold and on some of the parts the black primer showed through. Our dealer order 8 different time replacements in an 18 month period. They did get a bit better match each time they ordered, but never a real good match up. He ended up trading it in in late 05 for and SE E-Glide in the two tone red. That bike didn't have any paint issues at all. Now he's sold it and is going back to a Ultra Classic, the SE in white and silver. Surely they can't mess that up. Sandy

Just got my 18 month MoCo customer survey, told it like it is and said no more bikes for me until the quality is there.  Crappy paint, crappy accessory quality, heated grip issues etc.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #1744 on: September 19, 2007, 10:39:08 PM »

Now he's sold it and is going back to a Ultra Classic, the SE in white and silver. Surely they can't mess that up. Sandy

Sppeeeeewwwwww! All over the screen! Thanks for the belly laugh Sandy! I wish your husband the best of luck (truly I do) cause it's a real bad feeling to spend $35k + on a new bike and then have to spend 1-2 years of aggravation trying to get the moco to make it right.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:41:16 PM by SEULTRA »

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #1745 on: September 19, 2007, 10:50:05 PM »

JUST A QUICK UPDATE-LAST WEEK MY DEALER ASKED ME TO DROP BIKE OFF SO REP COULD LOOK AT IT. WAS THERE FOR 2.5 HOURS AND THEN WAS TOLD THE REP WONT EVEN LOOK AT IT. PRIOR TO THE REP COMING MY WAY I TALKED TO HIM ABOUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE, HE WAS SUPPOSED TO GET BACK TO ME THE NEXT DAY. NOTHING. 2 MORE CALLS TO HIM THE FOLLOWING WEEK-NO ANSWER-NO CALL BACKS. A COUPLE OF CALLS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE (SPECIFICALLY JOHN SELANSKY) LEFT MESSAGES -NEVER GOT CALL BACK. STILL FIGHTING THE FIGHT. LAST WEEK SENT LETTER TO ALL BOARD OF DIRECTORS STATING MY PROBLEMS. HOPE SOMEONE RESPONDS BACK TO ME. KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED.

Just loving that "customer care" 'eh?? Makes ya wanna run right out & plunk down another $35k doesn't it?  ;) Have you got the new P&A catalog yet? If I were you I wouldn't put another dime in the mocos pocket till I got satisfaction.

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1746 on: September 28, 2007, 07:10:58 PM »

Just got my 18 month MoCo customer survey, told it like it is and said no more bikes for me until the quality is there.  Crappy paint, crappy accessory quality, heated grip issues etc.
I can't wait to get my survey I am going to tell them the same thing. Even though I have told them already many times. I still can't believe the way they have treated us on this paint issue. I have the philsophy that what goes around comes around. Whats coming around for them is a loss of business from very valuable customers.

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #1747 on: September 28, 2007, 09:46:40 PM »

To all,

I have had my tins completely replaced once and was on the second order for new paint when a tire cause me to hit the ditch in May. I got the new paint but instead of warrenty the Insurance paid for it. 

I just cant get over how nice it is...

I can see green flakes in all areas of the brown paint and the green just glows in the sun.  I have many pictures of the paint this time...in case it fades...but so far so good.
And it only took about two years!

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #1748 on: September 28, 2007, 09:49:16 PM »

To all,

I have had my tins completely replaced once and was on the second order for new paint when a tire cause me to hit the ditch in May. I got the new paint but instead of warrenty the Insurance paid for it. 

I just cant get over how nice it is...

I can see green flakes in all areas of the brown paint and the green just glows in the sun.  I have many pictures of the paint this time...in case it fades...but so far so good.
And it only took about two years!

Barry

So you actually got a good set when you were paying for them.  That's an interesting coincidence....

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117]

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.