Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: LED (Rear) Lighting  (Read 59750 times)

GlideBoy

• Junior CVO Member
LED (Rear) Lighting
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:55:36 PM »

Does anybody have advice - pics appreciated - on adding suplemental LED lighting (running and brakes) to the FHLTCUSE's tail end?

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: LED (Rear) Lighting
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 07:08:14 AM »

Good question.   There is certainly a "give-up" in visibility compared to the Ultra Classic.  In Daytona I was riding behind a guy who had a leather tour pak on a Road King. He had added a strip of reflective tape across the tour Pak. We were riding in the dark- and it really helped- and did not look bad in my opinion.  Not quite as obvious as lighting but a lot simpler and less expensive.  Just a thought.
(sorry-  no help with your question about lighting options).

Chris

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:57:09 AM »

This will fit on the bottom of our tourpak (I emailed the guy for the length of it), haven't gotten one yet, just lazy I guess, but I will eventually.  Good price and easy install looks like.

http://www.hoglite.com/

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 09:50:50 AM »

FR8TRN did they say it would fit an 06 CVO with the leaher tour pak?  That would be a great addition to the back thanks for the info am going to call monday and if it will fit the 06's I will order one to have when the bike gets here.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 10:35:47 AM »

FR8TRN did they say it would fit an 06 CVO with the leaher tour pak?  That would be a great addition to the back thanks for the info am going to call monday and if it will fit the 06's I will order one to have when the bike gets here.

No they didn't say that, I emailed them and asked for the length of it, with a tape measure I determined that it would fit.  It is 15.5" long, so it should fit easily, the tourpak is 17" where I figured I would mount it at.

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 11:23:23 AM »

Check out http://www.radiantz.com
I saw these guys in Veags at Bikefest. Probably the best looking I have seen yet...oh, and BRIGHT! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 09:05:02 AM »

I noticed that the HogLites is set up as a brake light only (quite possible that you could add a small module to add running lights as well, may want to ask them).  Another possibility is the unit I used on my SEEG, which is from Rivco.  https://chretien.genwebhost.com/~rivco1/store/index.php?id=61&parent_dir=222  This one is set up as a running and brake light, and mounts similar to the HogLites.  It has fewer LED's, but is still quite bright.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 10:14:30 AM »

I noticed that the HogLites is set up as a brake light only (quite possible that you could add a small module to add running lights as well, may want to ask them).  Another possibility is the unit I used on my SEEG, which is from Rivco.  https://chretien.genwebhost.com/~rivco1/store/index.php?id=61&parent_dir=222  This one is set up as a running and brake light, and mounts similar to the HogLites.  It has fewer LED's, but is still quite bright.

Jerry

Jerry,

The problem with that one is the size, the tourpak is only 17" wide towards the back, that light mounts at 18".

IMHO the 'shock' of a brake light only is what I'm going for, catch their eye so they know I'm stopping.

Mike

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 10:53:31 AM »

I put the latch lights on the saddlebags that double as turn signals and ordered the the led bag spoilers but they have to be custom painted and take a while to get from Harley. Ordered mine a few months back.

I am waiting for a led strip that will mount right under the tourpak lid or lip of the top, as I dont want to  booger up the leather.
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

dwfindley

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 06:07:53 PM »

I really like the hoglite.  Clearly the length issue is fatal.  Has anyone asked the manufacturer for a down size version?

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 06:34:18 PM »

I really like the hoglite.  Clearly the length issue is fatal.  Has anyone asked the manufacturer for a down size version?

The hoglite will fit just like it is, no downsizing needed.

dwfindley

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 09:30:03 PM »

I am sold.  Thanks much.

GlideBoy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 07:35:36 PM »

Well, I decided I'd use some Radiantz products:

1.) A 12" LED in a clear casing that is applied to the Tour Pack mounting bracket (it wraps around it a couple of inches on each side - very cool). www.customdynamics.com/flex_led_array.htm

2.) A chrome billet license plate bracket that has some white LEDs to illuminate the plate.  http://www.customdynamics.com/illuminatorz_licence_plates.htm#Billet%20LED%20License%20Plate%20Frame

3.) Two LED accorn nuts that mount the bracket - they turn 6 or 7 different colors.  http://www.customdynamics.com/licenseplates_index.htm#LED%20Tag%20Screws

And I used a Kuriaken smoke lens LED tail light. http://www.customdynamics.com/harley_davidson_motorcycle_led_taillight.htm

Here are the pics:

GlideBoy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 07:38:39 PM »

Running Lights

GlideBoy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 07:39:25 PM »

Brake Applied
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.