Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: BUB Stealth Mufflers  (Read 30738 times)

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
BUB Stealth Mufflers
« on: July 26, 2009, 10:13:49 PM »

Has anyone tried these?

http://bub.com/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:32:15 AM by DakotaZeb »

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: BUB Stealth Mufflers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »

I emailed BUB and asked if they would have these new mufflers at their display in Sturgis.  They responded that these mufflers didn't get on the truck headed to Sturgis.  Unreal!!  You have a new product and are sending a truck to an event where there will be hundreds of thousands of bikers and you didn't put them on the truck?  Who the hell is in charge of their marketing?

Hopefully someone will get a set and give a report.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »

i saw those pipes on their website and wondered if they will flow any better than my stock ones with something like the 1.75" fulsac baffle?

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »

I'm using the Fullsac 1.75" baffles right now but would still prefer something a little quiter.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 12:35:08 PM »

are they that much louder over stock? Currently my bike is stock, but once i get it back from the dealer i plan to remove the cat and chnage pipes, my first thought was the 1.75 fulsac

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 12:43:46 PM »

I've tried both the 2" and the 1.75" on my '03 SERK.  At least in my opinion the 1.75" are much louder than stock.  Not obnoxious, but definately quite a bit louder than stock.  But everyone's hearing is different and it seems each bike is different.

I sure would like to hear a set of the BUB FL Stealth mufflers but with them meeting the EPA 80 db limit I wonder if they are any louder than stock mufflers.  I'm sure they sound better even if they aren't much louder.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

I'm using the Fullsac 1.75" baffles right now but would still prefer something a little quiter.

Zeb,

I am running the stock CVO 3.5" mufflers that came on our bikes with V&H true dual head pipes and couldn't be happier with the sound (or lack of).  A little noise on acceleration and is quiet once you achieve a steady cruising speed.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »

I am running the stock CVO 3.5" mufflers that came on our bikes with V&H true dual head pipes

Boatman,

I've had the stock mufflers for my '03 SERK on and off.  I don't particularily care for the sound but could live with it.  But I'd prefer something between the stockers and the Fullsac 1.75".  That's why I thought that maybe, just maybe, the BUB stealth mufflers would fit the bill.

The other problem I have with my stockers is that the chrome is getting really bad on the end caps and I can't find any replacements.  I could buy another set of pre-2006 CVO mufflers but before I go to that expense I'd really like to know what these BUB Stealth's sound like.  Over the years I've tried nearly every muffler out there looking for that perfect sound.  The search is still on!   :)

Zeb

CVOBud

• 2006 SE FAT-BOY
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 02:35:06 PM »

I have a response posted under baffles. I installed them on my 2006 fatboy. I'm running Rhinehart staggered with the stealth baffle. I took out the competion baffle as they call them, and installed the stealth baffles right before i had the S/E super tuner installed and dyno tuned. I was trying to create more back pressure and a little less noise. The big difference I would have to say is at idle they seem to be alot let noisy. But still sound really good when accelarating.
I love riding this boy.......

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »

Sorry, CVOBud, but we are talking about the new BUB FL Stealth Mufflers on this post, not the stealth baffles.  Not sure what the correlation would be between the two.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »

i am waiting to hear about these pipes, i like my bike being semi quiet, also like the epa stamp. In Ma. the bike laws are getting tougher and soon they will be checking everyones bikes, i dont need to be ticketed for being slightly loud. That was why i have been looking at keeping my cvo mufflers and doing the fulsac. On my 06 Street glide i went through 4 sets of pipes before stopping at the V&H monster ovals, even those could be a tad loud after 500 mile days.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »

Okay guys, I took one for the team and ordered a set of these BUB 7 Stealth Mufflers.  Sounds like I should have them in about a week.  Sure hope they are what I'm looking for.  My wife thinks I've totally lost it when it comes to mufflers.  Fortunately she is understanding as I proceed with my quest for the "perfect muffler".

I'll report back once I have them and have had a chance to test them.

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 02:15:51 AM »

i ordered the bub brouhard and should get them in a few days. just in case some of you want to know what they sound like. im hoping that they are not real quiet.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »

i ordered the bub brouhard and should get them in a few days. just in case some of you want to know what they sound like. im hoping that they are not real quiet.

HOGDOG,

Please remember to give us a report on the Brouhards.  I looked at those also.

Zeb

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 10:36:05 PM »

i sure will, i called them, they will be here at my house on thurs. the 13th and i have a dyno appointment the 19th....ill let you know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.771 seconds with 21 queries.