Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sound level comparison: CVO/Fullsac 1.75 = how many discs? (Supermeg)  (Read 878 times)

Pajoe

I have been reading a lot about the Supermeg 2:1 exhaust and curious about the sound level as everyone claims the Supermegs are quiet. The only point of reference that I may have in common with others on cvoharley forum is the CVO mufflers with 1.75 Fullsac baffles. 

Therefore my question is to anyone that has experience with both of these exhaust systems on the same engine:

"How many disks in a Supermeg 2:1 did it take to equal the sound level of the Fullsac 1.75 baffles in CVO mufflers, using the stock HD type headers? "   

I am not concerned about performance, sound quality, looks or anything like that just trying to get a reference point so when I read about the number of discs various people are using with their Supermeg 2:1 systems, I have some idea how loud they are compared to the CVO/Fullsac combination. The best way to know is if someone that has experience listening to the two systems on the same bike/engine setup. It would also be good to know if it is with the closed end cap or open end cap.

For example: If  a person that has used both on the same bike/engine setup may say the CVO/Fullsac combination was about as loud as the Supermeg with 14 discs with a  closed end cap would give me a great reference point.

thanks in advance

joe

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 22 queries.