Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wow, get to wear chaps this morning!  (Read 1064 times)

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
Wow, get to wear chaps this morning!
« on: October 18, 2009, 07:41:38 AM »

I was making fun of the wife for wanting to wear her chaps this morning, with her new 05 SEEG. but it actually is below 50 degrees right now.  She was planning on riding to Daytona with her girl friends today.  I am riding to a meeting with a friend (10 SESG) & then down to Space Coast Harley to get my new seat for the SERG.  My rule is chaps below 50, heavy gloves and neck piece below 40, and full face helmet below 30.  I have a feeling it will get back up above 50 this morning before I leave, but I might try out the HD fake leather lowers to see if they cut down on the updraft.    Wonder how the CVO guys in Daytona are doing this morning?  I wanted to get up there to meet them but we had a belated birthday celebration for our four year yesterday.  We missed it because of our vacation trip to York.  I kept looking at all the riders up there all bundled up and wondered why, guess they thought it was cold (mid-60s).

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: Wow, get to wear chaps this morning!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:25:14 AM »

That's why they make heated seats.
Bill

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:25:40 AM »

we had a poker run here in TN yesterday, temp never got above 48. my air temp gauge was reading 38-42 on the rolling backroads of Tennessee, Underarmour and chaps and 3/4 drop shield, I was toasty. But I did see some with full heated riding suits, hmmm, I wonder who that was, steam was coming off him  :huepfenlol2:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 05:52:50 PM »

Left Daytona Beach this morning and the temp was 48° and you can bet I had the chaps on...

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 05:57:20 PM »

I got home today from Biketoberfest... it was 50 in Daytona Saturday morning when we left and 32 degrees this morning when we checked out of our hotel in Beckley WV, we rode through 15 miles of sleet and snow yesterday on I-77, not fun !

Chaps and everything else covered by the rain gear works pretty well when desperate, the heated seat saved the day !

BG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Slate w/ Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLSTN Softail Deluxe Vivid Black with a crap load of Chrome (wifes)
    • CVO3: I can only hope....
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 10:35:37 AM »

Rode my bike in to work this morning and it was 31 degrees.  I had my full face helment and the chaps on.  A little chilly but it will be beautiful riding this afternoon.   :2vrolijk_21:
No trees were harmed during the posting of this topic, but some electrons were greatly disturbed.

What's that you say?!?!  Let me put on my glasses....I can't hear so good without my glasses!!

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »

We left Mena, AR yesterday morning after wiping about an inch of ice off the seat.  Temp was about 39.
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

Page created in 3.728 seconds with 22 queries.