Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: 03/103 in. engine mods  (Read 18807 times)

Landfillman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 03/103 in. engine mods
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2003, 08:01:06 PM »

I'm picking my bike up on Friday from the dealer. I had my 1000 mile service done. I also had them put in SYN-3 and dyno it to take the back fire out. I will let you know the results over the weekend.
03 FLHRSEI2
Stage 1 Air Cleaner
Race Tuner
Vance & Hines Slip-ons
Full Tour Pak Ultra Tour Pak Rack
Front lowered 1

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2003, 07:03:23 AM »

Landfillman,

which dealer are you using?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

stroker

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2003, 09:03:24 AM »

I agree with Big Sal,any dealer should be willing to stand by their product and service.  Waiting until the break-in period is completed before doing mods is only prudent.  I thought that maximizing performance was where the discussion was going, if that's the case, then concerns about any warranty issues are moot.  Some dealers are more open to what they will honor regarding mods than others. Big Sal....go with the pipes that are music to your ears, but keep in mind that great sound often means less performance.

Stroker

bigsal57

• 2003 FLHRSEI2 ST1 PC Rinehart TD
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2003, 09:21:20 AM »

On the performance note, The Rinehart true duals are probably the best pipe on the market for performance and sound. And they look great with the laser etched black polished end caps.
Big sal57
03 FLHRSEI2
Stage 1 Air Cleaner
Power commander
Rinehart true dual exhaust
106.1 HP
111.4 Torque

Landfillman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2003, 03:25:30 PM »

Even though I live in Central Mass I find Tibby's in Springfield to be the not only the nicest but most knownable about HD. Also they have a dyno and they know how to run it. Buy the way my bike makes 95 T with 92 HP.
03 FLHRSEI2
Stage 1 Air Cleaner
Race Tuner
Vance & Hines Slip-ons
Front lowered 1

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2003, 04:36:15 PM »

i bought mine at tibbys, they have been good to deal with, but they may have put the wrong chip in my bike, i'm going out there wednesday to get some work done and find out for sure
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Landfillman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2003, 10:50:30 PM »

Do you know of a web site for rinehart pipes?
03 FLHRSEI2
Stage 1 Air Cleaner
Race Tuner
Vance & Hines Slip-ons
Front lowered 1

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2003, 09:38:03 AM »

Rinerhart pipes are made by Bub, Inc.

www.bubent.com

Unfortunately, their website isnt all that. You would be better served searching the sites like Cycle Exhaust or Direct Parts. The Drag Specialties website has a real nice write-up and picture of the true duals.

Personally, I think my mind is made up. I am going to order the Screamin Eagle Pro 2:1 this week.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

joey-davey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2003, 11:02:26 AM »

Hey Mike, I'm starting to lean the same way with the SE Pro 2:1.  As I understand it, nothing will give you more HP gain or torque than a 2-1 system.  The key is to balance the right amount of back pressure.  The Reinhart true duals are loud but loud doesn't equate to power.  True duals are good for top end but don't compare to the low to middle torque that 2-1's produce.  Let me know when you do the install and how you feel about it then.  Good Luck!

bigsal57

• 2003 FLHRSEI2 ST1 PC Rinehart TD
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2003, 06:33:08 PM »

Did any of you guys buying the 2:1 pipe see my Dyno results with the 2:2? I alreadt had and took off the crappy V&H 2:1 pipe but please post your dyno results after the install so I can check out the results. Also harley chips will not do what a Power Commander will. I can wheelie my bike by just twisting the throttle, No clutch work involved. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Big sal57
03 FLHRSEI2
Stage 1 Air Cleaner
Power commander
Rinehart true dual exhaust
106.1 HP
111.4 Torque

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2003, 08:09:13 PM »

I hear ya on the V&H 2:1 pipe. I had the SE PRO on my last bike (96hp / 102tq) only 95ci. The pipe comes from the factory (Vance & Hines Mfg) with a baffle similar to the SS2R pipe. This baffle uses Opposing Entry & Exit inner tubes which pressurize the canister for back pressure. If you compare the SS2R baffle to the Quitech-1, Quietech-2, & Competition Baffles the difference is 1-2 or no inner pressurization tubes. I removed the pressurization tubes on my bike to reduce the amount of back pressure. By doing so, in theory the 2:1 now had what V&H calls the Competition Baffle. The end result is a free flowing open center cavity baffle with back pressure created at the Y only. This setup worked extremely well and I am going to give it a try on the 103". As for the Power Commander vs. the HD Race Tuner. I agree the Power Commander does indeed bring MAP manilupations to the table that HD does not. My buddy has a VROD and we just ordered his Power commander. Once I have had a chance to really get into using it, I will make my decision on the HD Race tuner or another Power Commander.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

H-D_Tech

• Proper combinations and tuning are where it's at.
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2003, 03:54:04 AM »

I am ok with the results but wish the rev limiter wouldnt kick out so low. I think ther is a chip download for it but I want to have a couple of thousand miles first. The pipes are very loud and look great.

If you had used a Race Tuner, you could have raised the rev limit.  Having a Powercomander, you should have installed the H-D reflash for the bike allowing you to add S/E air cleaner and pipes.  It also raises the rev limit to 6200 rpm.  You then could have the fuel map written.

H-D_Tech

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2003, 04:09:33 AM »

I cannot see why any dealer would say that HD parts would void any warantee. My dealer said if I wanted to install the race tuner he would like at least 1500 miles on it first. The screeming eagle pipes are to quiet for my need to make some noise

Sal, you need to read the very first page of the Screamin' Eagle section in the catalog.  Many parts void your warranty my man.

H-D_Tech

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2003, 04:12:12 AM »

On the performance note, The Rinehart true duals are probably the best pipe on the market for performance and sound. And they look great with the laser etched black polished end caps.

This is interesting.  I have not seen rave reviews about these pipes.  Where did you get this info?  Personally, I would shy away from them.  They are very pricey, and I have not seen any tests that rate them high.

H-D_Tech

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2003, 01:39:44 PM »

Has anyone tried sending their throttle body to B.C. Gerolomy and using additional fuel control?  I'm curious to see if so, and if there are any results.
I put together a 95" EFI softail with my friend and he blew 113.8 hp and 106.6 tq.  I'm curious to see if more air can wake some of these up.  Of course, exhaust would need to be addressed.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.