Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having trouble with xpipe install  (Read 947 times)

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
Having trouble with xpipe install
« on: September 16, 2010, 10:12:08 PM »

I have installed D&D 2-1 headpipes on my CVO 103 and r&r'ed stock head pipes and instal 2-2 true duals before, but this xpipe ain't working with me.  It rolls into the front head port with ease and rolls into the rear as well as long as the the plate for mounting the trans mount is on top of the trans mounted plate but it isn't even remotely close to the rear exhaust port when under that mount plate.  If I put it into the port that xpipe plate is at least 1/2 inch too high.  I loosened the plate from the trans and still don't have even close to enough play in it to get it above the xpipe plate.

Any guidance ?  This is a Fulsac xpipe B going onto a 2009 CVO Ultra 110.
09 FLHTCUSE Red
2010 Road King Scarlet & Black
Wife's ride - 2010 FLHXXX Black

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
Re: Having trouble with xpipe install
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:17:52 PM »

I'm no where close to the most experienced at these but since I just finished mine an hour ago and had a similar challenge... Every time I tried to position it it seemed like it didn't fit ... There's play in the pipe, put the front on, get the back close, a couple of turns of the bolts on the front to make sure it isn't going to slip off, and you should be able to slightly flex the rear to get it into place into place with the pipe hooked under the bracket.  That's what I had to do..

-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:59:53 PM »

I just did this install a few weeks ago, went perfect.  Give Steve a call at Fullsac, he will give you guidance, he is great at supporting us.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »

I came in the house, typed that first message, thought it out over a beer. Then I went back out to the garage, I loosened the crossover tube clamp and let it drop completely out of the way so I didn't have to try the align it and the trans mount at the same time as the rear exhaust port.  Everything popped right into place.  Got everything all hooked up torqued and fired up the bike.  Heard a little rattle.  Looked all over and found that the front headpipe moves around enough with the rubber mount engine that it hits the pin attaching the front brake actuator arm to the brake lever.
WTF?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:15:42 PM by Terminator »
09 FLHTCUSE Red

jiml53

• 1K CVO Member
  • Silent Service

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 blk #535
    • CVO2: '02 FXDX-T
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »

Just take the floorboard off and with a punch and hammer tap the clevis pin inboard out of the way of the exhaust pipe.

:jalapeno:
jim
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 12:02:37 PM by jiml53 »
Deep Silent Fast Deadly

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 07:20:25 PM »

Jiml53,
Thanks you are right on.  I called Steve today and he gave the same advice.  I had given it a light tap or two but didn't smack it as I thought maybe the reason it stuck out that far was that it might have a shoulder, but Steve said it doesn't.  So I'll get a good line at it with a punch tonight and smack it a good one.
09 FLHTCUSE Red

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 22 queries.