Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 11.5 Blue CUSE, Saddlebag Covers?  (Read 1879 times)

rrriley

11.5 Blue CUSE, Saddlebag Covers?
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »

Taking a trip next week and today I noticed a few minor scuff marks on the top of one of my saddle bags, I'm guessing my wife is having a little trouble with getting on/off with her boots on.  So - I am thinking about getting a set of bag covers, but thought I would check to see if others have put them on, what their experience was, and what kind they purchased?

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
Re: 11.5 Blue CUSE, Saddlebag Covers?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »

Riley, Life of Riley,

No one has offered anything, so I will chime in... On my Road King, my first official Bagger, I put on the leather looking HD top box lid covers.  They did the job, but never looked very good.  They always had some ripples and I was always fussing with them has they heat and cooled a shrank and squirmed...  Ugly...

On my last Ultra, again not liking the polish job of getting rid of scuffs in the clear coat, I put on the Classic Bars....  My wife is not riding with me anymore, so I do not have that problem.  I don't scuff them as I step over the top facing the bike to mount, rather than swinging my leg over.  You might  consider this look, the classic bars.... That or it is a lot of polish and wax jobs until you get through the clear coat and have to repaint the lids..

Leaving in two hours, four day road trip, will talk with you all next week....  Da Cowboy is gone on his horse BIG BLUE

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:38:34 PM by Cowboy2 »

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »

I had the HD saddle bag covers on my '06 FLHTCU. I initially put them on because when we are out riding and the temps rise the wife likes to take off her jacket while we're going down the road and wrap/tie it around her waist, then if she gets a chill she can put in back on. No problem except the darn zippers will raise havoc with the paint!!
 After the experience of trying to buff out the bags on the '06 the covers were the FIRST thing that got taken off that bike and put on the new 11.5 FLHTCUSE6 (blue of course!). Sorry no pics with the covers on. they fit good and now I don't have to worry about paint damage.

Now if I could get her to leave the audio system channel control alone........ ::)
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Rickasha

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »

Have a set of Mustang leather covers on mine. They dont look great just OK and keep my BSR out of trouble.
I would post a picture for ya if I wasn't computer stupid!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:24:25 PM by Rickasha »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »

http://www.motorcycle-armor.com/

Go into the product store and look at the hard bag lid kit. These are clear covers that go on top of the bags to protect the paint.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »

Go into the product store and look at the hard bag lid kit. These are clear covers that go on top of the bags to protect the paint.
If once you are at the above site and you like what you see look at this thread - Paint Protection Film - 20% Discount to CVO Members before you order.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mslcpa

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »

I have the Mustang covers on my 2010. Do not use hook and loop fasteners but rather they stretch tight over the lids. No wrinkles and lay nice and flat. Had to cut slots in the covers for spoiler lights on the lids. Took to my tailor and had a border stitched around the cut-outs. Looks good and the short legged wife doesn't get scolded anymore.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 11:39:19 PM »

I used the product on my bags and it's awesome plus I always ride 2 up :2vrolijk_21:

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:20 AM »

I used the product on my bags and it's awesome plus I always ride 2 up :2vrolijk_21:

yup, Motorcycle Armor has saved my lids already. Good stuff.
Al

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »

I use the Hd leather covers if you put them out side for a bit and let them get some heat they'll fit much better and then just leave them on, the Motorcycle Armor is from what i hear very good stuff. I have an extra pair of the leather covers if your interested I bought them and forgot I already have a pair. PM me if interested.

Don......... 

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.