Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: RGU CVO Color-Matched Vented Fairing Lower Kit?  (Read 30955 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: RGU CVO Color-Matched Vented Fairing Lower Kit?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »

Nice looking bike! Good luck with the mod. Recommend you get them painted just like you want the. Look at picking up a used set and have it done custom.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »

Nice looking bike! Good luck with the mod. Recommend you get them painted just like you want the. Look at picking up a used set and have it done custom.

Thank you.  I went ahead and ordered the ones HD sells that matches the bike... will post photos once I get them  :2vrolijk_21:
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 01:14:01 PM »

The Twilight Blue on your bike is not black, though it may look it when not outside in the sun.  In the sun, there are flecks of metalflake in the paint.  That's the way your lowers should be as well.

The Black Ember on my SERGU looks solid black until out in the sunlight...it has red/maroon flake in it.

I am interested in the Shark Evoline 2 helmet as well, but am having a hard time locating one to see in person.  If you get to see one, a report would be nice.  I have read good things about them, and it seems the best of all possible worlds, unless you like to wear a half helmet or tupperware bowl (novelty helmet).

It was easy to see on the inner fairing, not that easy on the other parts.  Good to know.  Tks!  As posted above, ordered the matching lowers and also a touch-up paint kit.
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

mnm327

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »

Seriously you don't know the actual color of the bike you just dropped 30k on?  :-\  Take a flash light, get down on all fours, look closely and appreciate your machine.

Thank you for the replies.  Reason I asked is that the lower color of my CVO looks to be black... but the quote I am getting for the lowers is not that of a Black lower...

Order placed, will see what comes in...

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »

Seriously you don't know the actual color of the bike you just dropped 30k on?  :-\  Take a flash light, get down on all fours, look closely and appreciate your machine.

:) Look, I had a Sedona Orange bike that I was happy with... that is, until I saw that HD was coming out with a dark blue bike... and then I saw photos on the CVO RGC!  Blue is my favorite color, and the only reason I got the 2011 in Orange was because there was no dark blue option then... With the CVO, I was sold on what I thought (at the time) was a Blue and Black bike  :2vrolijk_21:... When I was able to see it person I could tell that the inner fairing had metallic flakes in it, but it wasn't until I took it home and started taking a few photos that I noticed that the inner fairing was not black but a very dark blue paint. Very cool indeed.

I took a closer look at the rest of the bike, and I can't see that same finish on the other panels, they look black.  I do all the work on the bike myself, so plenty of opportunities to continue to appreciate it.  I will take a closer look again  :coolblue:

Reached 600 miles over the weekend and planning to do an oil change this weekend just for my peace of mind.

A couple of items installed:

Mid engine deflectors:

HarleyGoodies floorboard extensions:

Stand extension (center stand on its way...)

Comfort styled saddlebag guards installed:

GPS Mount installed (I love the symmetry of this setup, so I prefer this mount to the one mounted in the handlebar):

Here is a link to the work done on my Sedona bike: 2011 Sedona Orange Mods Thread

and where I am documenting the mods for my CVO: My Mods Thread - 2012 RGC CVO

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S

stever

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »

DUMB QUESTION IS THE TWILIGHT BLUE ON YOUR BIKE THE LIGHT OR THE DARK COLOR?

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »

DUMB QUESTION IS THE TWILIGHT BLUE ON YOUR BIKE THE LIGHT OR THE DARK COLOR?

Twilight Blue should be the dark color... To the garage to take photos and see if I can get that black to show its blues....
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 09:57:15 PM »

Well... it is a very dark blue... but it will take a lot of light to show it... you guys know it and I know it... but to the one walking by, well...  anyway, I love it!! I'm blue Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die -
  :2vrolijk_21:  :coolblue:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:08:45 PM by wachuko »
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 12:22:58 AM »

That is an absolutely gorgeous colour of blue on blue you have on your new ride  :2vrolijk_21:

I am lucky enough to be picking up the 2012 Metallic Maple version of the SERGC tomorrow to test ride for the next five days!

I haven't ridden a RG for a number of years and was never really that interested in one because I never got used to the fixed fairing on the last one I rode... Just felt really weird to me.

When I saw what changes they made to the bike this year, and especially seeing the Maple colour in person, I was really impressed with it.  So, I'm really looking forward to lots of riding in the five days and the weather is supposed to be perfect for riding!

Enjoy your beautiful blue new ride!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »

That is an absolutely gorgeous colour of blue on blue you have on your new ride  :2vrolijk_21:

I am lucky enough to be picking up the 2012 Metallic Maple version of the SERGC tomorrow to test ride for the next five days!

I haven't ridden a RG for a number of years and was never really that interested in one because I never got used to the fixed fairing on the last one I rode... Just felt really weird to me.

When I saw what changes they made to the bike this year, and especially seeing the Maple colour in person, I was really impressed with it.  So, I'm really looking forward to lots of riding in the five days and the weather is supposed to be perfect for riding!

congrats on your new bike! lol
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »

I doubt you will be able to return it!!  :P  I was trying to decide between the Maple and the Blue.... that is one beautiful bike.  :2vrolijk_21:
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S

mnm327

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »

Congrats man.  It's an awesome bike!

Nice pics, by the way....

:) Look, I had a Sedona Orange bike that I was happy with... that is, until I saw that HD was coming out with a dark blue bike... and then I saw photos on the CVO RGC!  Blue is my favorite color, and the only reason I got the 2011 in Orange was because there was no dark blue option then... With the CVO, I was sold on what I thought (at the time) was a Blue and Black bike  :2vrolijk_21:... When I was able to see it person I could tell that the inner fairing had metallic flakes in it, but it wasn't until I took it home and started taking a few photos that I noticed that the inner fairing was not black but a very dark blue paint. Very cool indeed.

I took a closer look at the rest of the bike, and I can't see that same finish on the other panels, they look black.  I do all the work on the bike myself, so plenty of opportunities to continue to appreciate it.  I will take a closer look again  :coolblue:

Reached 600 miles over the weekend and planning to do an oil change this weekend just for my peace of mind.

A couple of items installed:

Mid engine deflectors:

HarleyGoodies floorboard extensions:

Stand extension (center stand on its way...)

Comfort styled saddlebag guards installed:

GPS Mount installed (I love the symmetry of this setup, so I prefer this mount to the one mounted in the handlebar):

Here is a link to the work done on my Sedona bike: 2011 Sedona Orange Mods Thread

and where I am documenting the mods for my CVO: My Mods Thread - 2012 RGC CVO

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 07:45:01 AM »

congrats on your new bike! lol

You just might be right with that congratulatory remark???

Picked the bike up yesterday and although I find the windshield a tad low for my liking (lots of wind in my face at 80mph) that's an easy fix.

This new CVO Road Glide Custom is a totally awesome ride!  I never thought I would, but I love it!  :2vrolijk_21:
The colour 9Maple Metallic) is stunning.

I haven't seen any posted yet, so I will post some pictures later... When I get off the bike long enough to take a couple!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

stever

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 06:20:39 AM »

WILL THE LOWERS HIT THE HEAVEY BREATHER AIR CLEANER ? POST PICS WHEN YOU HAVE THEM ON THE BIKE

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 06:47:34 AM »

WILL THE LOWERS HIT THE HEAVEY BREATHER AIR CLEANER ? POST PICS WHEN YOU HAVE THEM ON THE BIKE

From what I was told, the lowers will fit fine.  I just can't put speakers in the lowers as those would hit the air cleaner.  I will share photos once I get them.
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.