Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Naming the 2012 SE Road Glide Customs  (Read 9643 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Naming the 2012 SE Road Glide Customs
« on: September 16, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »

I have read a lot on this site about the Black & White being called the "Skunk" (unless of course you're from Vancouver where it is appropriately named the "Orca"), and haven't read about the naming of the other two yet.  I'm sure someone who has a blue one (which is also a great looking bike) will come up with the perfect name, but my heart goes out to the Maple Metallic version.

As mentioned in another thread, I'm lucky enough to have a Maple one for the next 5 days to test ride and I gotta agree that these are certainly wonderful riding bikes.  Wasn't sure about the shark nose fairing, but getting used to it real quick.

When my wife saw the bike she fell in love with it and quickly said... "it's so you!"  Now if that isn't pressure to buy a new bike, I don't know what is?  :nixweiss:

When I told her the B&W model was called the "Skunk" she immediately said the Maple should be called the "Shepherd".  Not because of the German Shepherd breed (although with their black & brown coats, they are beautiful animals), but knowing my love for old boats she said the bike reminded her of the classic old wooden Shepherds from the 50's & 60's.  I think she hit the nail on the head with her suggestion and therefore "Shepherd" is my vote for the name of this gorgeous new Maple Road Glide.

I'm certain most will agree that's it's a real beauty!  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:33:03 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

Re: Naming the 2012 SE Road Glide Customs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 04:32:07 PM »

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »

I have read a lot on this site about the Black & White being called the "Skunk" (unless of course you're from Vancouver where it is appropriately named the "Orca"), and haven't read about the naming of the other two yet.  I'm sure someone who has a blue one (which is also a great looking bike) will come up with the perfect name, but my heart goes out to the Maple Metallic version.

As mentioned in another thread, I'm lucky enough to have a Maple one for the next 5 days to test ride and I gotta agree that these are certainly wonderful riding bikes.  Wasn't sure about the shark nose fairing, but getting used to it real quick.

When my wife saw the bike she fell in love with it and quickly said... "it's so you!"  Now if that isn't pressure to buy a new bike, I don't know what is?  :nixweiss:

When I told her the B&W model was called the "Skunk" she immediately said the Maple should be called the "Shepherd".  Not because of the German Shepherd breed (although with their black & brown coats, they are beautiful animals), but knowing my love for old boats she said the bike reminded her of the classic old wooden Shepherds from the 50's & 60's.  I think she hit the nail on the head with her suggestion and therefore "Shepherd" is my vote for the name of this gorgeous new Maple Road Glide.

That's a beautiful bike! Actually, that's the one I had originally been looking for... but I'm glad I end up with my Hot Citrus SG nonetheless. I have always loved the RG frame-mounted "Shark Nose" fairing. I haven't been fortunate enough to see the Maple Metallic in person yet. I hope to before too long.  It looks stunning in your pics. Could you post a pic that really shows the maple Metallic paint in the sun? I still haven't seen a pic that I think does that paint justice. Some paints are very hard to photograph... and that might be one of them.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »

That's a beautiful bike! Actually, that's the one I had originally been looking for... but I'm glad I end up with my Hot Citrus SG nonetheless. I have always loved the RG frame-mounted "Shark Nose" fairing. I haven't been fortunate enough to see the Maple Metallic in person yet. I hope to before too long.  It looks stunning in your pics. Could you post a pic that really shows the maple Metallic paint in the sun? I still haven't seen a pic that I think does that paint justice. Some paints are very hard to photograph... and that might be one of them.

I only have the bike for a few more days, but if it is really sunny out over the weekend I will try again to capture this beautiful paint in all its' glory!

I forgot to mention how great the distressed brown leather seat looks on this bike as well. 
Full marks all around for this beauty.

BTW, your new ride is a great looking bike as well... That citrus colour is really hot!  :2vrolijk_21:

With already having a batwing bike, I wanted something different, and the shark nose is really starting to grow on me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:27:22 PM by Grizzly »

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »

I only have the bike for a few more days, but if it is really sunny out over the weekend I will try again to capture this beautiful paint in all its' glory!

Please DO... I haven't seen a decent pic of the paint in the sun yet!

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

pdargen

• OK

• CVO1: 2013 Roman Gold FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple FLTRXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2009 Silver FLTRXSE (Sold)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »

I was fortunate to take delivery of my 2012 Maple Metallic with Mahogany seating on July 23rd, one day after the website updated.  Given the references to fine hardwoods and the feeling that came over me when I first laid eyes on the bike I've chosen the name Woody for my new ride.  Just picked up the color matched tour pack for the Mrs. when we travel.  I must say I am very pleased with this Black Label Dark Custom.  Now all I need is to find a buyer for my 2009 Stardust Silver...

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »

I was fortunate to take delivery of my 2012 Maple Metallic with Mahogany seating on July 23rd, one day after the website updated.  Given the references to fine hardwoods and the feeling that came over me when I first laid eyes on the bike I've chosen the name Woody for my new ride.  Just picked up the color matched tour pack for the Mrs. when we travel.  I must say I am very pleased with this Black Label Dark Custom.  Now all I need is to find a buyer for my 2009 Stardust Silver...

Congrats on your new ride.  How about some pics with the new tour pac installed?

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »

Awesome! Pictures, please!   :worthless:

The Wizard's Tune

pdargen

• OK

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 06:45:01 PM »

pdargen

• OK

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »

pdargen

• OK

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »

pdargen

• OK

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 06:48:16 PM »

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '15 FLTRUSE Red (Sold)- '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '15 FLTRUSE Blue (Sold)
    • CVO3: '14 FLHTKSE (Sold)
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 11:55:44 PM »

Congrats on a Beautiful Bike!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 12:51:14 AM »

I forgot to mention how great the distressed brown leather seat looks on this bike as well. 
Full marks all around for this beauty.

BTW, your new ride is a great looking bike as well... That citrus colour is really hot!  :2vrolijk_21:

With already having a batwing bike, I wanted something different, and the shark nose is really starting to grow on me.

Thanks. Man, the new pics of your bike are beautiful! I really like all the black hardware. Glad they are doing a bit more with the TP paint this year. Can't wait to get mine!

The Wizard's Tune

pdargen

• OK

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 09:51:55 AM »

I am certain H-D took a risk going so black with this 2012 CVO model, and I am thankful they did.  I took things a little further by pulling the stock chrome hinges and latches off my tour pack and replacing with their new black products.  Also, we need just a bit more room when traveling so I added the black airwing rack with LED light...and once I went black I needed to powder coat the quick release rack.  To finish our touring set up I kept the black hammock seat (heated) and the Roadglide Ultra tour pack backrest with lumbar support I had for the O9. What I like most is it's a 2 minute swap to a solo mahogany seat and really sweet street bike.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 08:59:21 PM »

I am certain H-D took a risk going so black with this 2012 CVO model, and I am thankful they did.  I took things a little further by pulling the stock chrome hinges and latches off my tour pack and replacing with their new black products.  Also, we need just a bit more room when traveling so I added the black airwing rack with LED light...and once I went black I needed to powder coat the quick release rack.  To finish our touring set up I kept the black hammock seat (heated) and the Roadglide Ultra tour pack backrest with lumbar support I had for the O9. What I like most is it's a 2 minute swap to a solo mahogany seat and really sweet street bike.

Did you have to remove the chrome strips on the rear fender before you put the hammock seat on?  According to the P&A catalog, it says that you have to remove the strips on the SERGC and SESG3 before installing the hammock seat.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

pdargen

• OK

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »

I saw those instructions, did not want to remove the strips as I think they look great.  I carefully set the hammock seat in place, trying to see what the situation would be...no wobble, steady, everything seemed lined up so I secured it and road solo for awhile with no issues or signs of wear.  Added the Mrs. and took a risk and did a few hours touring around, pulled the seat and I see nothing...on the strips or the seat.  I am hopefull it wont be an issue, will post if I see anything...

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 09:25:39 PM »

I saw those instructions, did not want to remove the strips as I think they look great.  I carefully set the hammock seat in place, trying to see what the situation would be...no wobble, steady, everything seemed lined up so I secured it and road solo for awhile with no issues or signs of wear.  Added the Mrs. and took a risk and did a few hours touring around, pulled the seat and I see nothing...on the strips or the seat.  I am hopefull it wont be an issue, will post if I see anything...

Will be waiting to hear after you've done more time with the seat on.  Would be great if they don't have to be removed.  I like the looks of them too and wouldn't want to remove them.

2012 FLHXSE3

Dare

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE "Candy"
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE Road Glide "Mink" Brown-Sold
    • CVO3: Not a CVO 93 Fat Boy-Sold
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 10:57:37 PM »

Great looking bike, we just picked ours up and ordered the king trunk also and wasn't sure about the blackout I ordered for the hardware and now I know, looks beautiful.  Also my buddies have the name for mine "Wolverine"  the colors and striping did it, they said either that or "Mink". I'm glad with the choice.
Minor Mods to be coming

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »

HOW ABOUT THE....   " THE BEER BOTTLE"       

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 07:16:46 AM »

Has "Root Beer" been taken?

Candy Cobalt:

"Midnight"

or:

"Deep Water" as it resembles that color just before things go black when diving.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 08:00:58 AM »

HOW ABOUT THE....   " THE BEER BOTTLE"       

I have heard this one  a lot

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »

I have heard this one  a lot

OPPS!!!  I DON'T GET OUT MUCH!!!!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »

I had a Road glide custom 2009, black denin that I traded in for my SERGU. But if I was looking for a new bike THIS is the color I would pick. Like it a lot more that the skunk. Congrats!!!!!This is a picture of my "old" RGU
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:27:26 AM by darth davidson »

jafo33

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 07:21:09 PM »

SKUNK,WOODY,BLUEBERRY JM2C ;D

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »

Williewhite
Williebrown
Willieblue

Just sayin.... :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 10:46:41 PM »

Williewhite
Williebrown
Willieblue

Just sayin.... :nixweiss:

My God Charlie, what are you doing to your Willie ... from white to brown to blue.  What has fema done to YOU.  :ROFLOL:

BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »

My God Charlie, what are you doing to your Willie ... from white to brown to blue.  What has fema done to YOU.  :ROFLOL:

BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:

LOL Greg...just giving credit where credit's due.  It's obvious, with those FUGLY half skulls all over the bike that this is Willie's creation, so just thought naming them after him was appropriate. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012 FLHXSE3

dak47

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 04:31:46 PM »

The code names during conception where - Ultra was Bulldog, Street Glide was Barracuda and the Roadglide was Dogfish..
- 2012 "Dogfish" CVO
-2003 Gunmetal, warmed over 103" R.G.

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »

Going with the "Shark" theme what about:

Great White
Blue Shark
Sandbar (brown) Shark

Yes they are all sharks...I googled them   :)

RGLIDE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »

The Blue one is Smurf  :nervous:

SHRK2TH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Street Glide / Black traded
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / White Starfire Black
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »

Hello everyone.  Just joined this sight.  I hope to get the new RG next week.  Looking forward to putting on SHRK2TH on my plate.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »

Welcome to the site, congratulations on the bike.  SHRK2TH would be nice, one to many digits for my state.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 21 queries.