Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: agitator wheels in black ice on my skunk  (Read 8826 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: agitator wheels in black ice on my skunk
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 09:52:50 PM »

Thanks everyone for the comments on the black ice agitators.   :pumpkin:

Yes, a little less chrome, and will report back on the "action"...

Charlie, my 2 cents on infamous shark versus batwing debate.  No long trips yet on the sharknose, however, no buffeting at 70 mph, with the right shield (1 inch below eyes for me). The wind deflectors on the engine guard do good job at stopping wind coming up from forks.  Have a little less wind on top of my head with the shark nose than on the street glide.  Street glide shield (6 1/2" CV) is a 1/2 inch lower to my eye level.  Speakers are more powerful the CVO (shark nose), but they are also further way from the rider.   Shark nose is really light to handle at slow speeds.

With proper wind management, you can't go wrong with either front end.

I agree. Good comments on the frame-vs-bars fairing debate. The RG is definitely lighter on the bars at low speeds 'cuz there's no weight on the bars at all - but I've passed 18-wheelers going 70+ both ways on two-lane roads and haven't experienced the infamous "Bat Wing Shuffle" yet on this bike. I run a Long Rider 7" windshield with the recurve at the top, adjustable fairing wind deflectors, and the baffle under the triple tree. 

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »

I saw the blades in black ice on the HD website and wanted to see the color in person... looks like I am heading that way, along with some "edge" shifter and brake levers... :)

thanks for the insight.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 04:25:50 AM »

The black chrome wheels look GREAT on your Skunk!   :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg.. Im thinkin these  are black powder coat ... not black chrome .. jus sayin .. nice ride .. I have yet to see one in person .congrats

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »

I saw the blades in black ice on the HD website and wanted to see the color in person... looks like I am heading that way, along with some "edge" shifter and brake levers... :)

thanks for the insight.

No blades in black ice now... :(

The do offer them in black/contrast machined... but not quite what I wanted.. :(

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 09:58:39 AM »

That's a great look. Nice work.

rjb3steel

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 06:39:23 PM »

Can I ask where you got these wheels?  I have looked on Harley's website and I can't find them.  I have a new Blue CVO on order and I think these would look great on that bike too.

Guthrie52

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »

Can I ask where you got these wheels?  I have looked on Harley's website and I can't find them.  I have a new Blue CVO on order and I think these would look great on that bike too.Can I ask where you got these wheels?  I have looked on Harley's website and I can't find them.  I have a new Blue CVO on order and I think these would look great on that bike too.

Reply:  They are in the H-D 2012 Part and Access. Catalog.  Got the part numbers from the catalog and ordered the wheels through Zanotti's H-D in PA.   Part no for the 19" front is 43300115 and 40900112 for the 18" back.  You can plug the nos in on their web site and get the cost with shipping.  I paid $635.19 each, retail is $749.95.  I've had good luck with Zanotti's on multiple orders.

You may want to see if your dealer will swap them out before you take possession, worth a try.  I, on the other hand was too gaga in getting the bike home and didn't think about it...

Hope it arrives soon, seen the blue, looks great :2vrolijk_21:

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »

G-52 has a good point.  If you really want to swap wheels, try to do it now, before yours are "used."  You will probably save money and you will have more leverage with your dealer before the deal is complete.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.