Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE compensator for 09 Springer  (Read 1471 times)

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
SE compensator for 09 Springer
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »

Someone told me that there is no SE compensator for our bikes,is this true?

Has anyone upgraded theirs and did it help?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: SE compensator for 09 Springer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »

Someone told me that there is no SE compensator for our bikes,is this true?

Has anyone upgraded theirs and did it help?

The FXSTSSE3 came stock from H-D with the SE compensator.  That's why you will see a note in the catalog for the SE Compensator Kit saying except certain models.  H-D installed the SE compensator on a low volume group of bikes in '09, probably to get some free road testing before they added it to a larger group of bikes in 2010 and eventually to all Big Twins in 2012.

"Fits '06-'11 Dyna®, '07-'11 Softail® (except FXCW, FXCWC and FXSTSSE3) and '07-'10 Touring models. Original Equipment on Trike, '11-later Touring and '12 Dyna® and Softail® models. Installation on '06 Dyna® models requires separate purchase of '07-style stator."

So you don't need the kit.  However, they have recently updated some of the parts from the original design to address premature wear issues.  If yours needs replacement, the dealer can order only the parts you actually need.

btw, what problem are you referring to when you ask "did it help"?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
Re: SE compensator for 09 Springer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »

I'm experiencing some backfire thru intake on shut off. I'm also putting in a scorpion clutch over the winter and thought I would upgrade the compensator while I was in there.

I'm really not putting out that much power but would like to do some upgrades over the winter. I'm currently at 122HP/127 TQ @ the rear wheels but want more!!!

I'm thinking Baisley head work and different exhaust and I'll be done with this one...........ya right

Page created in 0.436 seconds with 21 queries.