Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK  (Read 16519 times)

OddN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK
« on: September 03, 2020, 05:18:30 AM »

I recently became the owner of this bike, which has been my absolute favourite for many years.

Started my Harley adventure on a 2005 Road King Classic that served me flawlessly for 80000km, and traded that for a 2012 Ultra Limited that also performed good for around 60000km. But the lust for a Brandywine SERK was always there so when this bike came up for sale I just had to have it. It's a rare bike with only 408 produced, and only four has ever been imported to Norway. Actually it is now only three remaining in the original paint scheme, as I was told that one of the four had an accident and has now been repainted in black. So, as you probably understand they don't show up very often for sale here.

When searching the web for info on these bikes I stumbled across an ad on Chopper Exchange dated late 2011, and I'm pretty sure this is my exact bike. In the ad it has 18 inch wire wheels, an Arlen Ness dash and a Corbin solo seat with passenger pillion and backrest, all in matching studded leather. All these addons are on my bike also. And the date matches pretty well when my bike was imported to Norway (first registered here early 2012).  Unfortunately the original parts are long gone, but I will start searching for them in the future. Here's a link to the ad, and also a pic from back then:

https://www.chopperexchange.com/For-Sale/Harley-Davidson/Screamin_Eagle_Road_King/223542

OddN

• Full CVO Member

Re: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:56:32 AM »

Here's a pic from the ad the previous owner had this summer here in Norway. He added the passing lamps, and licence plate relocation kit, both addons that I plan to keep (and they are easy to remove, should I want to later):

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 07:57:27 AM »

Another one:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 08:04:37 AM »

The bike is a very early 2002 model. The label with the production date is barely visible due to rubbing from the clutch cable, but an educated guess tells me the label says 07/01 although only the very top of the numbers are visible:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 08:05:41 AM »

The date also corresponds well with this sticker inside the left saddlebag:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 08:22:14 AM »

I've been playing with the Harley VIN-lookup together with a check digit calc, trying to replicate all VIN's for Brandywine SERK's and I think I have all 408 of them. Don't know if that is ok to display here in public?

Anyways, mine is the second bike of the 408 destined for California. That is assuming they came from the factory in the same order they received their VIN's, which probably wasn't always the case...

According to the ad from 2011 the bike was sold new at Orange County Harley-Davidson in Irvine in southern California and it spent most of its time in the San Diego area. Up to 2011 that is.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:36:47 AM by OddN »

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 09:00:46 AM »

Parts that I'm a little uncertain if I want to keep are the wheels, the nostalgic saddlebag guards and the 14" ape hangers.

The saddlebag guards are easy enough to remove, but I think I will try to adjust them first. As they now sits, they interfere too much with the flames on the bag itself, and they are not even parallell with the bottom of the bag. And that doesn't go to well with my self diagnosed OCD (or was it CDO?)  :)

The apes are growing on me as I ride, so maybe they can stay. I kind of like the look.

Wheels... Wire wheels are nice, but this setup with 18" both front and rear just doesn't look right in my eyes. So I think I will either try to find a set of original 16" Centerlines, or I will take the wire wheel setup a little further and get a 21" for the front. That would go nicely with the apes and the bikes early history beeing from So Cal. Maybe going for a Vicla style bike.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 09:28:32 AM »

Sweet ride!  If you were in the states I’d buy those wheels for my dad’s RK (I think they look great)! I agree with you about ditching the saddlebag guards they just don’t go well with the clean lines of the bike (IMHO).

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 09:29:25 AM »

As far as inspiration goes, there are two threads here that immideately caught my eye, one is the Long term project of Twolanerider, an extremely well built and tastefully modified SERK, the other one is the Shop bike of Black Diamond, also a well built bike with some very nice addons.

Actually I really did like the Corbin solo seat on my bike, that is, until I saw the C&C seat Black Diamond had on his. Now I can't get that solo seat with the stingray inlays out of my head, and I think it will be only a matter of time before I give C&C a call to see if the can make another one...

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 09:32:06 AM »

Sweet ride!  If you were in the states I’d buy those wheels for my dad’s RK (I think they look great)! I agree with you about ditching the saddlebag guards they just don’t go well with the clean lines of the bike (IMHO).

Thanks. I tend to agree with you on the guards, but I will try to adjust them first. But it won't come as a surprise if I ditch them altogether.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 09:34:09 AM »

Also, I really like the apes but I would ditch the tassels, again, just my opinion.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 09:45:22 AM »

One other thing I would do is start a petition with your fellow bikers to reduce the size of that license plate (holy crap that thing is huge!).

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 10:03:27 AM »

Also, I really like the apes but I would ditch the tassels, again, just my opinion.
The tassels stayed with the previous owner. Don't like them either  ;D

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »

One other thing I would do is start a petition with your fellow bikers to reduce the size of that license plate (holy crap that thing is huge!).

Funny you should mention it, there is a huge group in the classic car/bike community here in Norway that is already on to it. But so far, only car owners that can prove that the regular plate doesn't fit can use smaller plates. Hopefully we can all do that some day.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 06:20:58 PM »

Just saw this thread.  That candy-brandy flamed paint scheme is my all time favorite HD paint set also.  Just love that set of tins.

Mine was a labor of fun that went in to (probably) way too much detail for any sanity's sake.  So pleased you enjoyed the effort.  I know the other bike you mentioned also.  He had it down here once and we did a little work to it.  Saddles should make your butt happy first.  After that chase the looks until your heart/butt is content.

I get the feeling you're going to have a long term fun bike and project ahead of you.  Congrats and enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.