Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: PROBLEM WITH OIL BLOWING OUT AIR FILTER / BREATHER AREA  (Read 45333 times)

msquad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Re: PROBLEM WITH OIL BLOWING OUT AIR FILTER / BREATHER AREA
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »

BTW, whether you are getting oil or not out your air filter it is better for the engine to blow that hot oily breather air somewhere else than the engine.  The engine prefers cool clean air for power. 

Check out the piston pics: http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Overview-of-Stage-I-Upgrades-DK-STG-I-FAQ.htm

jacora

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2016, 01:58:37 PM »

Hi guys;
I have no clue to have oil in my throttle body after been done the engine breather by pass.
The breather holes were both sealed with set screws and Locktite.
This is a take-off throttle body that was ported before installation, so it was totally cleaned, cero oil residue.
Your opinion and inputs are welcome.....I just have no clue....

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 10:18:22 PM »

On my 12 i drilled and tapped and ran a hose into a catch can under the frame. It doesnt get much anyway so filter stays clean. My 2005 seeg never had any problem. I do have an agitator filter thats tapped for sale

mrflewellyn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 07:54:47 PM »

Hey Guys, I bought the Kuryakyn oil breather kit. I decided not to get the oil catcher because i wanted to vent the oil back in the engine. My question is, where in the engine do i flow the oil? The brackets connect to the breather output, then hook to a tube, you flow the tubes under the tank, the tubes connect at a Y-splitter, then one single tube flows out of the splitter. But where on the left side of the bike does that hose flow into?

Maybe I need some sleep and i'm thinking too hard....but i'd like to be back on the road tomorrow without oil dripping everywhere.

Thanks! All help is appreciated.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/1031/bluegrass-breather-kits

msquad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 08:48:07 PM »

Wow.  I don't have an answer but usually these bikes are modded so that hot oily air is Not put back into the engine.  This is a first for me. 

mrflewellyn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 09:47:00 PM »

squad thanks for the response and yea i agree. After reading a couple forums i believe the best thing is to route the oil to the ground. But now am I stuck trying to use the bolts that came with the kit to mount the banjo elbows that came with the kit onto the carb throttle body. but by dong that you can'y put the backplate back on the carb/throttle body to hold the air filter setup. All the reviews i get on this Bluegrass Kit system are excellent, but the directions that came with it are not.

mrflewellyn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2016, 09:56:23 PM »

it's the way my air cleaner support bracket is set up. It won't allow me to use the kit with the bolts that's been provided.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.