Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Custom®

What are the differences between the 2011 RGC 103 and 2012 RGC CVO?

(1/6) > >>

wachuko:
I have a deposit on a 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics.  Trying to figure out the differences between both models and was hoping to get the information from you guys.  Hoping some 2012 CVOs owners out there can share some light.  The information on HD site, when it comes to the technical details and differences, well... suck!

What I hope to be my next ride:

Current ride:

Besides the obvious:

110 engine vs 103
All the chrome and blacked out bits
Gas tank and center console
Two-part seat
Rear fender/light treatment
Floating rotors front brakes
Sound system (which I hate that they short-changed RGC CVO buyers... they should have done the same that they did with the SG CVO...)

1. Any changes on the transmission internals?  The cover from the photos looks different from my 103 and not just in the color... Edit - Found the reason for the different cover - -  The addition of a high-performance clutch with hydraulic actuation.

2. What is the rear suspension setup in the CVO? Air? Normal shock? Performance shock?
3. How is the ride compared to a RGC 103?
4. What is the front suspension setup in the CVO? Different from the normal RGC or the same?
5. Seat height on the CVO is .5" higher... where does this come from, the seat sure looks lower? Ground clearance is the same...
6. With the seat not allowing for the install of a backrest, how comfortable is it?
7. Any comments on the bars? I was wondering how those compare to the heritage bars.

8. The security system changed? I found a photo of the new fob and it looked like it had two buttons to activate and deactivate the alarm. But HD is known for using old photos... Edit: Photo is misleading. RGC CVO comes with normal security fob and audible alert...no locking/unlocking funtion of the saddlebags.

Thank you in advanced!

Keats:
Those buttons on the FOB, lock and unlock the saddlebags.

Security can be setup different ways, but it comes out of the box that the security is engaged when the FOB is away from bike automatically

I cannot imagine transmission is different.

rear shocks are still HD air shocks

front the same as all RG

wachuko:

--- Quote from: Keats on August 23, 2011, 01:41:25 PM ---Those buttons on the FOB, lock and unlock the saddlebags.

Security can be setup different ways, but it comes out of the box that the security is engaged when the FOB is away from bike automatically

I cannot imagine transmission is different.

rear shocks are still HD air shocks

front the same as all RG

--- End quote ---

No need to make fun of the new guy, come one, to lock and unlock the saddlebags, really!?  ???

Found another mechanical difference -  The addition of a high-performance clutch with hydraulic actuation.

Ghost Rider:

--- Quote from: wachuko on August 23, 2011, 02:03:02 PM ---No need to make fun of the new guy, come one, to lock and unlock the saddlebags, really!?  ???

Found another mechanical difference -  The addition of a high-performance clutch with hydraulic actuation.

--- End quote ---

He is serious.  From the HD web site...

The factory installed next-generation security system with siren features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. For additional peace of mind, the automatic bike lock features a key fob that locks the ignition, Tour-Pak and saddlebags so you won't have to worry about leaving your valuables tucked away on your ride. It's this attention to detail and rider security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.

tazmun:

I guess if you want to be a smart ass..........MSRP!
Seriously, most is paint, chrome, and engine!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version