Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What would you do??  (Read 4040 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

What would you do??
« on: June 02, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: What would you do??
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 02:54:55 PM »

Jeez!  When I was 25, probably the same thing he did!  I don't split traffic like that anymore!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »

I know there will be many posters who say shoot the driver or at least beat him up.........emotionally that sounds good but could cause legal problems for the biker if done especialy of innocent other drivers are injured.
If in possession of a working phone the biker should dial 911 and report hit and run as well as much info as possible so police can make a safe stop and send paramedics etc. Getting into the bed of the truck could lead to a second crash with the truck rolling over the biker or throwing him onto the roadway especially if he makes driver loose control of truck......Then the trucker would argue the biker caused the second wreck which led to damage,injury or death.
As an old saying goes....It's good to be right but you don't want to be dead right!

turn_key

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 05:02:40 PM »

Lane splitting is illegal in Illinois and even if it wasn't, it's something I would never do. Squeezing past cars with inches to spare and you life depends on if the driver can keep the car straight? No thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:19:23 PM by turn_key »

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »

On purpose wrecked the bike.........hell to pay, some people only learn by death. If the biker was legally armed a lawyer would have him walking.....
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 05:37:29 PM »

WOW!

WHAT IN THE HELL is WRONG with people today!!!

Simply WOW.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 08:55:32 PM »

I'd kick his azz or he'd kick mine. Jump in the truck, probably not. Track him down, damn sure would. It's easy these days, just minimule info.

Hoel Motors

• CVO1: flhxse3 citrus orange,fullsac x pipe with 2.25" baffles, TTS tuner
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 09:55:02 PM »

Wow, I'm too old to be jumping in the truck, who picked up his bike if he's riding in the bed of the pickup?

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:19 AM »

Wow !!! not me.
DND

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 07:24:49 AM »

Guess that fellow got tired of bikes passing on the left... I doubt I'd have been in that position in the first place, but that should be viewed as a criminal act.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 10:38:09 PM »

Guess that fellow got tired of bikes passing on the left... I doubt I'd have been in that position in the first place, but that should be viewed as a criminal act.

That's the nail in the coffin, kiro. It's the same as if you were standing waiting for a bus and he cut into you and run you down if you live it's attempted murder, if not it's murder. There's no dif in the video the way he cut into that rider he attempted to kill him.
It's obvious he was watching and waited till the last rider in the thought to get away with it. Little did he think the guy would end up in the back of the truck.

I can just hear the 911 call from the rider,...."911",.. Ya I've just been knocked off my bike by a hit and run driver in a truck,...Ok Sir were are you now? I'm in the back of the truck ??? ;D     

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 10:54:09 PM »

I don't know guys.  I think there is plenty of ass-hole-ish-ness to go around on both sides here.

It's too easy to say the truck was the sole culprit.  Yes, of course, there's no way in hell he should have ever intentionally pulled in to the bike the way he did.  Watch the video though.  At about the 21 second mark it looks to me like that rider either hits or kicks the truck before the truck cuts in to him.  So at least some initial provocation came from the bike.

Definitely, bitch slapping someone's fender does not then accord them free rein to run your ass over.  However, if you don't provoke to begin with the response may not come your way.  It goes back to the old golden rule we should all be smart enough to know by now:

When you're on a bike don't fight with a car.

If the bike thought there wasn't room to get through he should have fallen back.

If the bike thought the truck was taking up more lane his way than he should have the bike should have fallen back.

The rider should have never reached out to hit or kick at what appears to be about the driver's door.  Deserved or not it's just poor tactics and it's stupid.  When you're stupid first someone may just turn out to even stupider (and bigger than you) in return. 

J Heinlein

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »

I have been riding bikes longer then driving down the road in either my Truck or cars I have owned for over 40 years.  This has always pi--ed me off as well as a driver on the highway.  Not only is it just plain stupid as a biker to do but just like the people who drive down the shoulder of the road with there cars. Who gives them the right to get any farther down the road then you and I in a traffic Jam.  No wonder we have the amount of Road Rage we have in this Country. 

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 12:14:46 PM »

I have been riding bikes longer then driving down the road in either my Truck or cars I have owned for over 40 years.  This has always pi--ed me off as well as a driver on the highway.  Not only is it just plain stupid as a biker to do but just like the people who drive down the shoulder of the road with there cars. Who gives them the right to get any farther down the road then you and I in a traffic Jam.  No wonder we have the amount of Road Rage we have in this Country.

Lane splitting is legal all over Europe and they don't kill each other over it.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »

Lane splitting is legal all over Europe and they don't kill each other over it.

Your right,... but we do get people like J said get pi...ed off because your getting ahead of them. Some times they will close the gap so you can't get by, in most cases the biker will just shake his head.
I once seen a car do just that to a biker as he was approaching the car and it turned out to be a coper on a bike the cop gave the driver a mouth full and waved him off the road I didn't see what went on after that the traffic began moving.

I my self I don't lane split in moving traffic but 98% do. When taking your road test in the UK the examiner expects it if you hit slower moving traffic   
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 24 queries.