Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Titan Bike Lifts  (Read 1395 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Titan Bike Lifts
« on: August 10, 2016, 11:35:06 PM »

For past 40 plus years I have worked on my motorcycles kneeling or laying in my side.  I am 62 now and it's just too painful and I get filthy laying on the floor. 
  I finally broke down and ordered a Titan Lift. Shipping weight is about 750 lbs so hopefully it will be sturdy. I should have asked you guys what you thought about their products.  Too late I already ordered one. Not sure if I got Buyers Remorse Yet.
Tell me what you think? I guess it will be at least a week of waiting.
https://titanlifts.com/motorcycle/titan-1000d-xlt-motorcycle-lift.html

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: Titan Bike Lifts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 11:46:22 PM »

I'm not familiar with the Titan Lifts, but they have got to be better than crawling/laying on the floor!
Good luck and take some pictures when you get it set up.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 12:14:02 AM »

Once you start doing things to the bike on a table lift 62 year old you will be insulting the ancestry of younger you for not having done it sooner.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 01:56:34 AM »

My dad bought a titan lift. It's very sturdy and its 1500lb capacity easily holds his triglide or anything else we put on it. The only up grade you may want to make is to change out the wheel chock for one that self latches. So far we have gotten along with the original vise type chock but a self latching chock would be nice, especially when you are securing bike by yourself. Have used lift for 6+ years with no problems.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 06:48:22 AM »

I have the Handi Lift & the Titan is comparable. You will find that your money is well spent! Being 61, I'm also getting too old to be crawling around on the floor. I don't know  if you ordered side extensions, if not , they are really needed for the bigger bikes.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:00:28 AM by danner55 »
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »

I've got a motorcycle jack as most of us do but the table lift has always interested me.  Looking at the Titan and watching the video, it's quite the lift.  I think you would be happy with it.

I do think the bulldog type front wheel catch would be a great option for folks working alone.  The clamp style would be a bit harder to work by one's self. 

Just another item in that long list of things this website will cause or has caused me to spend money on.... ;D

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »

I've had the 1500XLT for a couple of years now and I absolutely love it! I sank mine into the floor so the lift height was the main criteria I looked at when I was buying. Titan went up the highest and I figured the 1500 LB capacity couldn't hurt. I add the side extensions and use it when working on my zero turn. It's extremely sturdy and has performed flawlessly. Based on my experience, you will be happy with Titan.

I did put a cheap wheel chock on it but went back to the standard vise after buying the Road King because I struggled getting it out of the chock. If I were to go back to a chock, it would be the Wheel Dock version.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.