Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Florida  (Read 5463 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Florida
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 01:46:37 PM »

Chief,
I'm certain Florida has lots of real nice things to see that a major highway will not allow. I want to go back again in a smaller group (we had 8) and get into some of the secondary  roads and see the rual areas. Five days only allows you to sample the area.

JD

IMO, the "prettiest" part of the state is central FL. There are plenty of nice rolling hills, huge old old Live Oaks where you can ride under the tree canopy etc. Hot as the dickens in the summer, but "Old Florida" with all of the big trees and moss and stuff is "pretty".

The Everglades is definitely worth a visit. It's not "pretty", but absolutely amazing with all of the wildlife and "different" scenery.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and while FL may not be "pretty" in a storybook way, it is beautiful in its own way. There really is no other place like it.

Chief

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 01:57:19 PM »

IMO, the "prettiest" part of the state is central FL. There are plenty of nice rolling hills, huge old old Live Oaks where you can ride under the tree canopy etc. Hot as the dickens in the summer, but "Old Florida" with all of the big trees and moss and stuff is "pretty".

The Everglades is definitely worth a visit. It's not "pretty", but absolutely amazing with all of the wildlife and "different" scenery.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and while FL may not be "pretty" in a storybook way, it is beautiful in its own way. There really is no other place like it.

Chief

Yes,
I forgot to mention that. We did an airboat tour and seen lots of gators and differant types of birds. That was well worth the effort.
JD

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 02:37:10 PM »

When I first left Florida, I was still very emotionally attached, since I was born and raised there. I've got a cousin up here in ATL who was also B&R in FL (Miami). He said something that originally pissed me off, but as I started adjusting to my NEW home I realized he was right. He said Florida is an ugly state surrounded by beautiful beaches. There are plenty of nice places, especially around the center of the state, but in South Florida, it's pretty much palmetto, scrub oak and pines.

Please don't get me wrong because I'll probably return one day to die there, but unless you've got a waterfront view, it isn't all that pretty, especially in Martin, St. Lucie and Palm Beach counties, where I spent many years.

Chief

Amen....it is worse now than ever.  Been here in wpb 20 years.  I don't think they'll stop paving til they hit Big O.
So many cars....so many cell phone using new yawk mommies, illegals and cotton tops.  I'm out when I can git.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 07:00:39 PM »

Well guy's , here is a brief and late coming report on the Florida trip.

Bike week had awesome weather and we got lots of riding in. Our trip was two part. We wanted to attend bike week as well as drive to the Keys.
We based out of Kissimmee. Spent two days in Daytona. Lots of bike...TONS of choppers, but to be honest I thought this would have been busier. It was my first time there, so I have no other years to compare to know if it was normally busier. I assumed Beach street would be jammed up the middle, but cars were able to go up and down it with bikes lining the street edges.
We have an event in a small local town (not city) Port Dover Ont. Can. that gathers 100000 bikes every Friday the 13th.....rain/shine or snow. The streets are jammed...shoulder to shoulder. Obviously the summer ones are better attended. This year there is one in April and July. If you ever get a chance to take a ride to Port Dover, I think you will be impressed for the size of the small port town. www.pd13.com. Check out the web site for more info.

The drive to the Keys was long...which is ok, but wasn't that exciting. Scenery was a bit repetitious with nothing really outstanding.
Once you get there however, it is really nice. We ate at the Hogs Breath Salloon, which is a must for bikers. There is lots to see and do there, but time was at a premium for us, so back to Homestead we went where we had stayed the night before and then back to Kissimmee.
In summary, we put on 2600km in 5 days and very much enjoyed Florida.

A SMALL TOWN WITH A 100000 BIKERS,  :nixweiss: ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND  EVERY FRI THE 13TH  :-\
I'LL STAY IN FLORIDA. THANKS ANYWAY :(
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »

A SMALL TOWN WITH A 100000 BIKERS,  :nixweiss: ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND  EVERY FRI THE 13TH  :-\
I'LL STAY IN FLORIDA. THANKS ANYWAY :(

Is your CAP LOCK reply an idication you think that is a small turn out or an assurace that your GETTINOLD and can't make the 22 hr drive for a one day event? :nixweiss:

BTW...when a town of 5500 people get a 100000 (yes one hundred thousand) person injection, it does become a large event.

JD
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:07:59 PM by harlez4me »

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 09:08:47 PM »

Is your CAP LOCK reply an idication you think that is a small turn out or an assurace that your GETTINOLD and can't make the 22 hr drive for a one day event? :nixweiss:

BTW...when a town of 5500 people get a 100000 (yes one hundred thousand) person injection, it does become a large event.

JD

NO A LARGE TURN OUT, FOR A DAY EVENT OF FRIDAY THE 13, I WAS IN  :confused5:. AS FOR GETTINOLD, I CANT HELP IT :2vrolijk_21: IT WOULD  TAKE ME 44 HRS TO GET THERE ALSO. ITS ALL GOOD, I ALWAYS USE CAP LOCKS, EASIER TO PROOF READ. :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Rhino

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 10:10:01 PM »

STOP YELLING!

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 09:17:54 AM »

STOP YELLING!

Now who is yelling?  :-\

Helen

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 09:36:24 AM »

Now who is yelling?  :-\

Helen

Helen,

In the "PC" world of texting, using "CAPS LOCKS" is associated with YELLING, as in trying to "GET YOUR POINT ACROSS".
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 09:59:20 AM »

Helen,

In the "PC" world of texting, using "CAPS LOCKS" is associated with YELLING, as in trying to "GET YOUR POINT ACROSS".

PH,

That is how is see things as well, and I'm sure Helen is in agreeance.
After looking back and viewing some other posts from GO, I see his cap lock is stuck on always....and thats fine if all know. I take no offence.
JD

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »

09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 07:26:30 PM »

PH,

That is how is see things as well, and I'm sure Helen is in agreeance.
After looking back and viewing some other posts from GO, I see his cap lock is stuck on always....and thats fine if all know. I take no offence.
JD
JD
HELEN HAS AGREED WITH ME FOR 25 YEARS, YELLING OR NOT. :2vrolijk_21: AND BIGGER HAS ALWAYS BEEN BETTER, NO OFFENCE HERE EITHER.
GO
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 11:33:17 PM »

Actually, after spending the day with Dave and the evening with Helen and Dave I would have to say they are quite soft spoken, and most enjoyable to engage in conversation with.

Ain't that right DAVE!  :vrolijk17:

MV 2013

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2007, 11:53:53 PM »

Actually, after spending the day with Dave and the evening with Helen and Dave I would have to say they are quite soft spoken, and most enjoyable to engage in conversation with.

Ain't that right DAVE!  :vrolijk17:
Duane,
This is so true. I too wondered when I first joined the site why Dave was using caps all the time, but then realized that it was just his way of typing. Then when I had the opportunity to meet him in MV he was soft spoken as you say and they both were a pleasure to meet and be around.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 12:01:30 AM »

Duane,
This is so true. I too wondered when I first joined the site why Dave was using caps all the time, but then realized that it was just his way of typing. Then when I had the opportunity to meet him in MV he was soft spoken as you say and they both were a pleasure to meet and be around.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

MV 2013

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.