Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: For the Conn, Mass & Maine guys ???  (Read 5520 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: For the Conn, Mass & Maine guys ???
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »

Are reservations really required?

I am not sure of the quality but there is a Weathervane in Kittery right in the outlets.

I stll give my vote for Barnical Billy's as it gives more of the atmosphere versus a place that takes reservations.

http://www.weathervaneseafoods.com/

I would probably prefer this one if I went to the Weathervane:

http://www.weathervaneseafoods.com/index.cfm/p/Lobster%20In%20The%20Rough

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 10:17:22 AM »

As far as a route goes, it depends on the time you will have.  But to avoid interstate there are a lot of options.  I will throuw out one...that I have ridden.  I will assume you will be riding more, stopping less.

You could take route 9 from Bennington, VT to 101 all the way to Hampton Beach, NH in about 4 hours.  To get to Bennington, NY22 is an option and would take abot 3 hours from Danbury area.  7 through CT and MA is very nice and would be about 4 hours from the Danbury area.

Taking a more direct route, including interstate, I would catch the Hutch to the Merritt Parkway/15.  Stay on that until it junctions with I-91.  Then take I-84 east into sturbridge.  to get off the interstate a little, Take Route 20 East to I-395/I-290 north to I-495 North to I-95 exit 60.  Take second left onto rt 286 and follow that to Seabrook beach/1A.  Take 1A north past Hampton Beach and all the way up the coast to Portsmouth.  Take Route 1 north across the bridge and through Badger Island into Kittery.  Badger Island is where the previous posted restaurant is.

/Bill

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 10:24:40 AM »

Are you planning this for July 1-2?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 12:08:48 PM »

Are reservations really required?

Bill,

If it was only a couple of us I would say no, but I may have as many as 20 guys, and I really don't want to be responsible for 20 hungry fire fighters you know. It is tough enough trying to please 4-6 guys at the fire house let alone 20!

I still give my vote for Barnicle Billy's

Mine too, but ... see above :nixweiss:

http://www.weathervaneseafoods.com/index.cfm/p/Lobster%20In%20The%20Rough

The last word in the link concerned me a little at first, but it looks to be a good location, and it may be near the only accomodations that actually got back to me.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 12:09:14 PM »

Are you planning this for July 1-2?

July 8th travel date, possible rain date of the 15th

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »

I will assume you will be riding more, stopping less.

Probably, I am mapping out your suggestions to see how it plans out from my area.

My original goal when it was just two of us was to head straight up to Vermont and then turn right.

Taking a group (bikes and cages) has me considering altering my route a bit.

On the plus side, one of the 4 wheelers offered to drag along tools, compressor and a 16' trailer, just in case.

MV 2013

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »

Probably, I am mapping out your suggestions to see how it plans out from my area.

My original goal when it was just two of us was to head straight up to Vermont and then turn right.

Taking a group (bikes and cages) has me considering altering my route a bit.

On the plus side, one of the 4 wheelers offered to drag along tools, compressor and a 16' trailer, just in case.

Hey Duane, if you want to stretch it out a little, take Rte 30N thru the Adironacks to Rte 3E to Plattsburg. Take the Ferry across Lake Champlain, ride across VT, then across NH (Kangamangis Hwy.) then across Maine to Bar Harbour. Nice riding country! Enjoy your trip! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »

Won't be able to join in the ride...will be out west for July...

July 8th travel date, possible rain date of the 15th

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 06:20:53 AM »

They have done everything they can to make the town one big condo project. And the thing that makes me laugh is the people behind it all are the ones who moved to Maine "from away " for the Maine lifestyle. They put up with that for about three years then get themselves elected to the town council and then they work hard to make their little piece of Maine just like where ever they came from which is probably New Yak or some such place.

Well, they are succeeding.  Its a problem for the whole coast, especially the picturesque working docks where there is a fear that the fisherman and their support could be squeezed out.  But there are towns that are actively protecting that.  Not OOB.  In fact, the guy who developed this big condo project also owns the pier (although he is trying to build it out another 300ft the way it was back in the day when the big bands played out there) and he is a born and bred OOB boy. If your standing on the street leading to the pier, facing the ocean, and you look to your left, thats where it is.  The arcade and rides to the right, I hear, are under negotiation too, thats rumor but I wouldnt be surprised. 
2005 Cherry SEEG-

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 06:30:07 AM »

I hope you get a good turnout.  Come on guys get out there and support a fellow of the road.

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 06:35:59 AM »

I might have to take a pre-ride just to scope it out.

No man, you dont have to do that.  I will take a ride down there for you, check out the hotel and report back.  Im going in to work late today and its a good excuse for a nice long ride on the bike.

Kittery is basically a store outlet area.  As you travel north on route one, there are many many outlets on both sides of the road for about a mile give or take.  The weathervaine is a chain restaurant thats right in the middle of that, but a nice setting as I recall, ill check it out.  Weathervaine is okay.  Alot of people like it, my wife is picky and doesnt like it that much, you cant go wrong with lobster there.

I sure hate giving these recommendations when I havent been, but my friends who had the B&B in Ogunquit also said that people really liked the Lobster Pound there, right on route 1.  Here is a writeup:

Ogunquit Lobster Pound
 207 646-2516
Located at 504 Main Street in Ogunquit. Patrons can pick their own lobster from the salt water tanks and watch it cooked in the steaming pots outdoors. Dine on a rustic picnic table outdoors or in the indoor casual dining room. The Phantom Gourmet’s #1 Lobster Restaurant. Open year round serving dinner nightly in season and weekends during the off season months.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 09:03:21 AM »

No man, you don't have to do that.  I will take a ride down there for you, check out the hotel and report back.

Great, I will hold off making at least my reservation till later.

Its a problem for the whole coast,

From Nova Scotia to Key West and and I'm sure the same on the "left coast".

We are losing marinas a a record pace, it won't be the cost of fuel that keep people from boating, it will be the lack of space to tie up!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 09:07:56 AM by porthole »

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2007, 09:06:40 AM »

Ogunquit Lobster Pound
 207 646-2516

Thanks, I'll call them today. I called these 2 places
http://www.fostersclambake.com/

http://www.MaudeHutchinsPremium.com/

The first could accommodate us but only have a 12 noon seating (traditional clam-lobster bake).
The second, same people, said they don't take reservations, but they would work with us to make sure we get to eat, even if it means staying past closing time, 8pm Sunday.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 09:18:06 PM by porthole »

MV 2013

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 12:37:56 PM »

Well, they are succeeding.  Its a problem for the whole coast, especially the picturesque working docks where there is a fear that the fisherman and their support could be squeezed out.  But there are towns that are actively protecting that.  Not OOB.  In fact, the guy who developed this big condo project also owns the pier (although he is trying to build it out another 300ft the way it was back in the day when the big bands played out there) and he is a born and bred OOB boy. If your standing on the street leading to the pier, facing the ocean, and you look to your left, thats where it is.  The arcade and rides to the right, I hear, are under negotiation too, thats rumor but I wouldnt be surprised. 

It sounds like you're talking about Billy Marshall, although the last I knew, the actor Jud Nelson's father Leonard Nelson Esq husband of state senator Merle owned the corporation which owns the pier which he got through some serious chicanery. There was a huge lawsuit in which the bank Leonard was a director which held the mortgae and had him as a corporate office for the pier corp settled of beau coop bucks. Maybe Billy wound up somehow picking up the mortage if it is him. Billy is/was/ always will be about money. He just happens to live in OOB ;  OOB doesn't live in him.

Anyway Porthole

If you make it as far north up the coast of Maine as Portland, Dimillo's is the place to take your group. It's a floating restraunt built out of an old Staten Island Ferry. My company built a 2nd hull for it which the original sits in with the void full of concrete to stabilize it. It's huge and they would have no problem with your group AND the seafood is really good. The Dimillo family are great folks.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »

If you make it as far north up the coast of Maine as Portland, Dimillo's is the place to take your group. It's a floating restaurant built out of an old Staten Island Ferry. My company built a 2nd hull for it which the original sits in with the void full of concrete to stabilize it. It's huge and they would have no problem with your group AND the seafood is really good. The Dimillo family are great folks.

You know B, there are riders and there there are RIDERS. I'll put you in the 2nd category, myself, somewhere in the middle, and then the the majority of the people I am getting together with this group in the 1st category, I even have several that are renting the bikes for the trip.

I plan on trying to get some road time "after the event", I am not going straight home, so Portland may be a way point in my GPS. I have traveled the Staten Island Ferry many times, so I guess it would be cool to have dinner on one, lord knows I wouldn't eat anything on the ones still running today.
Good tip.

MV 2013

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 24 queries.