Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whats wrong  (Read 1206 times)

hd2003-se2005

Whats wrong
« on: May 14, 2005, 10:52:20 PM »

Looking for any suggestions on what's wrong with my computer and a fix.
Started with downloading the camera from the Maggie Valley trip.
Three pics into the download, the computer shuts down. It reboots and says "window was shut down improperly". Continues to do that everytime.

Was scanning the Lowrider dyno results and same thing happened, tried again and went thu. Tried the second dyno run and it keeps shutting down.

Very frustrating for someone that is not all that smart on these things.

Scanner is a H/P 4200 and camera is a H/P 305.  Do I have a virus?

HELP!

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Whats wrong
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 05:24:57 PM »

Looking for any suggestions on what's wrong with my computer and a fix.
Started with downloading the camera from the Maggie Valley trip.
Three pics into the download, the computer shuts down. It reboots and says "window was shut down improperly". Continues to do that everytime.

Was scanning the Lowrider dyno results and same thing happened, tried again and went thu. Tried the second dyno run and it keeps shutting down.

Very frustrating for someone that is not all that smart on these things.

Scanner is a H/P 4200 and camera is a H/P 305.  Do I have a virus?

HELP!

Lived with the same Microsoft problems for years until I fixed it permanently with a Mac.
[smiley=laugh.gif]

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 08:42:50 PM »

My guess is you have too many programs running and your out of SDRAM, you need at least 512 Meg to handle large scans, memory is cheap these days.  It's like HP, you can never have too much. [smiley=drink.gif]

Dog
2004 FLHTCSE

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 10:03:12 PM »

don;t take this wrong - if you gotta ask if you got a virus - you may consider updating to a very good virus scan - spam blocker - top notch firewall (sygate) some are free out there like zone alarm - sygate is also free - spam blocker from windows is excellent - get em all and clean out your system of all pic's that you can burn to cd's - defragment - I run a router - a vpn - and several other safe housekeeping hardware and software - clean out cookies every time you leave a site and go to a new one - there is just tooooo many ways to get into off your system while you are on-line of you are not protected. do an:     ctrl/alt/del and see what is running - you may have items running in the background you have no idea its there

serk2003

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 09:38:22 AM »

You probably have a virus, and from what you’re saying, I would say it’s the SASSER virus.  Couple of questions, 1) do you keep up with security patches from Microsoft, 2) what AV do you run, 3) what version of windows do you have and last are you able to boot-up in safe mode….

If you can tell me this I probably can get you thou it….

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.