Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: New Hope, PA noise ordinance?  (Read 6050 times)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: New Hope, PA noise ordinance?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 12:13:14 PM »

3 of the guys we were with got tickets for illigal pipes in Lake George in June. My brother in law & I didn't stop or we would have been nailed as well. THE MUFFMAN

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »

3 of the guys we were with got tickets for illigal pipes in Lake George in June. My brother in law & I didn't stop or we would have been nailed as well. THE MUFFMAN

HeHe! I saw the sign for bikes to pull in to the rest stop for a "safety" check! I just stayed on the highway as if I never saw that sign, and kept right on going too! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »

Almost all of us will be screwed.  Unless someone comes up with a device that muffles the sound manually and can be activated instantly or jam their meters.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 01:43:48 PM »

I hear Lambertville is just as bad.  It's next to new Hope.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 02:06:20 PM »

HeHe! I saw the sign for bikes to pull in to the rest stop for a "safety" check! I just stayed on the highway as if I never saw that sign, and kept right on going too! ;)

Hoist! 8)

I'm actually surprised we weren't chased. The whole group stopped except us 2 guys. I was expecting some excitement that never did materialize. THE MUFFMAN

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:01 PM »

Hoist! 8)

I would have done the same thing. Whenever we ride in groups we lay it out, if you get pulled over, anyone that can make it through the pull over will pull off the first off ramp or intersection. Curious though,  besides pipes, what all do they check on these Safety Checks??

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 04:17:35 AM »

They checked pipes, tires, signals etc. What they were really looking for was the pipes & non dot helmets. Easy money. Who owns a Harley with stock pipes?  THE MUFFMAN

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 08:30:42 AM »

New Hope used to be a great place when I was  a teenager to go party.  It is a real shame to hear it is changed that much.   

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 08:33:05 PM »

I'm screwed if this pattern continues! I build my bikes to rock and roll, and sound awesome too, but won't be able to take them anywhere! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

YES YOU DO!!!!  My husband and I had the pleasure of riding behind you on the way to Atco... I think you would come in higher than 93 decibels!!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »

YES YOU DO!!!!  My husband and I had the pleasure of riding behind you on the way to Atco... I think you would come in higher than 93 decibels!!!!

With Howie that's even before he turns the bike on though :huepfenlol2: .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 08:42:30 PM »

With Howie that's even before he turns the bike on though :huepfenlol2: .
:oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 10:15:31 PM »

HeHe!!! that was just my normal speaking volume! What about my bike? :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 10:58:36 PM »

What is the maximum legal decibel level cross country, is it all the same or varies from state to state?

Jo Mo NYC

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 11:19:59 PM »

Today while visiting New Hope, PA... what I thought was a biker friendly town, me and my husband were getting ready to leave and was stopped by a police officer (I think perhaps Joe Friday!) who told my husband he had to check his exhaust for noise.  My husband was more than cooperative.  We came in at 93 when the noise ordinance was 86... who knew?  (or cares?)  He proceeded to ask for my husband's information... my husband even slipped him his military ID hoping this would help.... IT DIDN'T!!!!  Get this... while writing us a citation, the bike next to us back fired really loud and Joe Friday was pissed... he told that guy not to bring his bike back in town!!  So welcoming!  We were issued a $78 citation (as opposed to a $300 ticket with points and court appearance) and a warning to get our exhaust fixed or not return to town!!!  I'm pissed!!!   If anyone is familiar with New Hope, you will agree that the town is mainly supported by bikers  (and the gay and lesbian community!!!)  and much of its success is from them.  Our only shining moment in this story is when the other 100 or so bikers at the bar by where we were parked "boo-ed" the cop the entire time he was harassing us....  my point of this long story... keep your exhaust loud and visit New Hope often!!!

Fondly, Mrs. Cowboy
PS.  my yelling was atleast 105 decibels!!!!

We have run into this time and time again. No longer biker friendly.
We will ride to Lahaska but avoid New Hope completely anymore....no place to park anyway unless you want to park at the end of town and walk.
They do not want us at all

My best advice is not spend one dime in New Hope at all......needless if you are on a bike

there are plenty of other places to go.......without the hassle

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 08:43:41 AM »

In the interest of fairness, I certainly hope the local yokels also pull over the teenagers with the $5k worth of amps and speakers causing the sheetmetal of their cars to buzz (I love how these "audiophiles" spend thousands to crank it up, but not one penny to isolate/insulate the sheetmetal).  I'm pretty certain the kids in this area are way above 90 dba.

Face it folks, bikers have brought this on themselves with years of abuse and the trend will be for more and more towns to follow suit.  It's one thing for a single biker to blast through town rattling windows, but when large groups do it repetitively it's pretty easy to understand the locals getting a little pissed.  Nothing I love more than a group of 10 or 20 closing a local bar and then blasting up and down main street to see if anyone is still asleep.  Act like a bunch of juveniles, then cry when you get treated like one.  :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 24 queries.