Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Women who ride -take a look..........  (Read 4076 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Women who ride -take a look..........
« on: December 28, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »

I just heard on a radio show today that the woman owner of a business called Diva Customs is in the process of writing a book about "Why do women ride?" She is looking for women riders to email her with comments on why they ride.
I think it would be great if we could get some CVO ladies into her book!  :2vrolijk_21:
Here is a link to her shop's website and under the contact page is Tami's email address.

http://www.divacustoms.com/index.shtml

SPIDERMAN

Re: Women who ride -take a look..........
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:20:41 PM »

I just don't get this. For over 30 years, women have been beating us men over the head with equality issues and now they're writing books that to my way of thinking create division.This isn't the first For Women Only issue I've seen recently.  I would assume that a woman rides a motorcycle for the same reasons any man does. And I'm hoping that since this is not only a motorcycle forum but a forum for folks who are crazy enough about the lifestyle to spend twice as much as the average rider that I don't need to explain why men ride motorcycles. How many times have we all heard the expression, " if I have to explain you wouldn't understand " I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I got over the " wow, look, it's a girl riding a Harley" thing about 20 years ago. Now I just see a fellow traveler who enjoys getting to and fro the same way I do. In other words, I treat a woman rider as my equal which is what I thought they've been trying to get us guys to do all these years.

Just my $0.02

B B
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:31:30 PM by SPIDERMAN »

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »

SPIDERMAN, :2vrolijk_21:.     axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 12:41:19 PM »

I just don't get this. For over 30 years, women have been beating us men over the head with equality issues and now they're writing books that to my way of thinking create division.This isn't the first For Women Only issue I've seen recently.  I would assume that a woman rides a motorcycle for the same reasons any man does. And I'm hoping that since this is not only a motorcycle forum but a forum for folks who are crazy enough about the lifestyle to spend twice as much as the average rider that I don't need to explain why men ride motorcycles. How many times have we all heard the expression, " if I have to explain you wouldn't understand " I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I got over the " wow, look, it's a girl riding a Harley" thing about 20 years ago. Now I just see a fellow traveler who enjoys getting to and fro the same way I do. In other words, I treat a woman rider as my equal which is what I thought they've been trying to get us guys to do all these years.

Just my $0.02

B B

Couldn't agree more Brian.  I'm also very much of the "it's a rider" mindset.  Beyond that it just doesn't matter.  I used to always say "I don't care what you ride, where you ride, how you ride or who you ride so long as you get on the road and ride."  Then I realized a few years I don't even care if they get on the road and ride so long as they leave me the hell alone when I do.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »

Not to defend or disagree w/any of what you guys are saying, but I think one reason we might see more of this type of thing now is because it's becoming more "mainstream" to see women riding vs being BSR's. I see the same thing happening at dealers when the have "Ladies Night" for things other then just shopping. Is it creating separatism... maybe, maybe not... can it increase riders on two wheels... I hope so. In doing that it increases awareness of us and possible gives more of a stance when fighting for biker rights.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »

OK, I am probably going to get ripped for this.... IMHO there are many reasons why some of the female riders may want to put a book together. Maybe they took up riding for different reasons.... A cancer survivor carrying out a wish made if and when they beat the cancer, A widow who has taken up riding in memory of her late spouse, because they got tired of riding behind their husband or boyfriend... you get the point. Who knows, It's like the post i read earlier about the woman who had her late husbands ashes put into the paint on "Their Bike" and know is riding it solo. As you and Brian stated I also see just the rider be it male or female. As I see it they are doing their thing and I'm doing mine... Enjoy!!!!! Hey if nothing it would or could be an interesting read. To each his own, Keep riding and worry about the other stuff when we can't ride anymore. Just my two cent's!

Let the Ripping begin!!!!!
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »

OK, I am probably going to get ripped for this.... IMHO there are many reasons why some of the female riders may want to put a book together. Maybe they took up riding for different reasons.... A cancer survivor carrying out a wish made if and when they beat the cancer, A widow who has taken up riding in memory of her late spouse, because they got tired of riding behind their husband or boyfriend... you get the point. Who knows, It's like the post i read earlier about the woman who had her late husbands ashes put into the paint on "Their Bike" and know is riding it solo. As you and Brian stated I also see just the rider be it male or female. As I see it they are doing their thing and I'm doing mine... Enjoy!!!!! Hey if nothing it would or could be an interesting read. To each his own, Keep riding and worry about the other stuff when we can't ride anymore. Just my two cent's!

Let the Ripping begin!!!!!

No ripping at all.  Completely agree that someone might have unique and very interesting reasons for riding.  And I could be intrigued and entertained by the stories; as I have been by the stories from others in the past. 

That intriguing or interesting story stands on its own with its own provenance though.  The man or the woman's story is interesting because it is.  Not just because it's from a chick on a bike.  The woman that thinks her riding story is special just because she rides from the distaff side is very likely to be the stereotypical chick on a bike rather than a woman bike rider.  The former, quite frankly, just doesn't interest me very much.  The latter is simply another rider.  That interests me because someone else to ride with is almost always a good thing.

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »

That intriguing or interesting story stands on its own with its own provenance though.  The man or the woman's story is interesting because it is.  Not just because it's from a chick on a bike.  The woman that thinks her riding story is special just because she rides from the distaff side is very likely to be the stereotypical chick on a bike rather than a woman bike rider.  The former, quite frankly, just doesn't interest me very much.  The latter is simply another rider.  That interests me because someone else to ride with is almost always a good thing.

Well put 2LN, I couldn't agree more. I guess my point was and is there are some good stories out there that probably will do more good shared with the world and MAYBE inspire more ladies to get out and join the ranks of riders out on the city streets and state highways. I just can't wait for a little better weather to get out and do some riding with anybody.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 02:20:19 PM »

I just heard on a radio show today that the woman owner of a business called Diva Customs is in the process of writing a book about "Why do women ride?" She is looking for women riders to email her with comments on why they ride.
I think it would be great if we could get some CVO ladies into her book!  :2vrolijk_21:
Here is a link to her shop's website and under the contact page is Tami's email address.

What is she going to write about next??? 'Why do women join the Armed Forces'  ?? owner Diva is after a buck.  My wife just knurled her head and said, 'tell owner Diva to take her own solo ride, she will have all her answers.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 02:22:12 PM by sportygordy »

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 05:31:33 PM »

What is she going to write about next??? 'Why do women join the Armed Forces'  ?? owner Diva is after a buck.  My wife just knurled her head and said, 'tell owner Diva to take her own solo ride, she will have all her answers.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I am familiar with owner Diva and you have hit the nail on the head.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 06:53:42 PM »

Maybe it's someone just trying to make a buck writing a book they think will appeal to women.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »

I hear what you guys are saying , but talk to a woman rider and get her thoughts. I hosted a night for a group called WOW [ women on wheels] In talking with them they feel that they are treated differently by Dealers and  Service Departments . The clothes stocked by Dealerships are for small Deva like gals not the average woman. When they talk to service people they are talked down to . they feel, right or wrong, that they are seen as posers not real riders. I think they are looking to identify with there own kind who have like ideas. If you look around the dealership you will see that you guys are not so unlike each other. You have your uniform and look alike appearance that Say's I'm a Harley rider, they are trying to find there place in that arena . Maybe the book will help. JMO
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 10:25:14 AM »

Maybe it's someone just trying to make a buck writing a book they think will appeal to women.

Not against anyone making a buck,,, :2vrolijk_21: as long as they WORK for it. Owner Diva wants the fems to email her??? Come-on... she needs to hoof it and do her one-on-one interviews, get out on the road like the REAL fem riders do and experience the Harley life hands one. She wants to write a book by simply cutting and pasting everyone's but her own work... I wont buy her book.. Sorry if you disagree, but my opinion here.  :nixweiss: If owner Diva wrote the book on real life experience with her butt in the saddle, i might.....  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »

There's a club here called "Dykes On Bikes"! Does that count? :confused5: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

And WOW stands for something else around here!!! ::) :D :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »

There's a club here called "Dykes On Bikes"! Does that count? :confused5: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

And WOW stands for something else around here!!! ::) :D :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
OK I'll bite what does WOW stand for there. Inquiring mind's need to know :nixweiss:

Admiral

• 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• SJHR
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 10:33:13 AM »

My bet,
Women on Women

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »

Jeez, not that exciting! Think Opie and Anthony! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Admiral

• 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• SJHR
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:37 AM »

Jeez, not that exciting! Think Opie and Anthony! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

??
 :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 10:38:59 AM »

Their thing while on local radio here was WOW! Whip em Out Wendnesday!!! And the ladies loved it and would!!! No further explanation should be necessary!!! ??? ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Admiral

• 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• SJHR
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 10:40:10 AM »

Their thing while on local radio here was WOW! Whip em Out Wendnesday!!! And the ladies loved it and would!!! No further explanation should be necessary!!! ??? ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

:vrolijk_6:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 11:19:25 AM »

I find it interesting that there have been 209 looks at this thread with 19 replies so far (OK 20 with mine) and other then a comment from a male on what his wife stated we don't have any posts by the female members on this site.  :nixweiss:
I agree a bike rider should ride for their own reasons and each should be judged as a rider without regards to their gender. A good rider can be found in both genders as well as a bad rider can be found in both genders. Both sexes also have their fair share of posers or RUBS.

I don't know Tami very well but have talked to her and some of her staff at bike shows. I know she is in the market to make money, isn't every business? Do we criticize others for trying to find a niche market whether it be bikes, accessories, clothing or books?
From what she told me, Tami noticed that women riders had trouble finding proper fitting clothes much less something with a feminine touch. She stated not all women riders wanted just all black leather etc.
Then she also got into building bikes for women or smaller size guys who had trouble fitting on stock bikes.
I have no real idea about her planned book and don't know exactly what will be in it. Like someone else posted I think it may be interesting if she talks to women and finds out why they moved from a BSR to riding their own bike and also would they move back to BSR status?
Look at things in the reverse, how many guys start riding because their wife rode and they got tired riding as a BSR? Other points of interest could be how many women got classroom training to ride vs. men?
Maybe if the book had a reference section so women riders knew where to find stuff for their needs it could be helpful too?
I bet small women have trouble finding stuff to fit just as I have trouble finding very large stuff to fit me. (Hey maybe i will write a "Big guys" resource guide.... :huepfenlol2:)

I would imagine that most women start to ride for the same reasons and have the same feelings about riding that men do.
I can see this book for those people who have a budding interest in riding and want to know more especially if they are female. They may have questions that can be answered by someone who has been in their shoes.

Enjoy the ride everyone and be safe.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 11:23:56 AM »

Whats the big deal with a lady writing a book and making money with it. It's done all the time there's a growing number of ladys riding now, much more then ever before H-D is feeding on it. And I agree with Dood the more people men or women riding only helps all of us. Women aren't treated the same they are looked at like they don't know what there doing or talking about.

My .02 keep the change!   :xyxthumbs:

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »

Hoist! 8)

whip em out WHAT :nixweiss:
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
 :nervous:
 :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
PS you crack me up

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »

From the website:

I started Diva Customs three years ago out of the frustration of not having any nice clothing to ride in. It seemed that everything on the market for women riders was originally designed for a man, just downsized for a woman.

I wanted a leather jacket that is soft to the touch and designed to fit a woman, not a black cow leather jacket that weighs 20 pounds. My visioin is to offer designer clothing to the woman rider.

Our leather jackets are made only with the finest "butter soft" Napa Leather. Each Jacket is tailored fitted to hug the natural curves of a woman.

Seems her apparel will look good and fit well, despite the fact it offers absolutely none of the protection motorcycle apparel is deisgned for. I would think a real rider would know that and strive to offer it in a new product line specifically desinged for women riders.  By the description, the apparel appears better suited for those posing as women riders.

I'm just sayin' ....
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

Seems we are creating our own book right on this thread " Men's views on Women Riders"  LOL, I posted what I did not to disrespect the lady in question as much as it may have come off that way. My point was simply that women have worked their collective asses off in the name of being treated equally in the workplace and other areas of life. Us guys haven't always been so easily moved by some of what's been offered up as being unfair, rude or unequal treatment of women. Everything is a judgement. It's ok to oogle  NFL Cheerleaders at a game, but not so if a pretty woman walks by a construction site. Seems easy enough for most to grasp, but where is the line ?  And many other examples. We heard the term "glass ceiling" a lot during the recent elections. And many other examples. At the end of it all, as a father of two incredibly intelligent young women who also happen to be very attractive, I want them to be judged on their merits and not their gender. I have striven their whole lives to encourage them to compete with men on an equal basis. As such, I guess I'm perhaps not as sensitive as I might be to the issues mentioned here in other posts. But those issues are true. Both of my daughters have complained of automotive techs talking down to them when having their vehicles serviced. And my wife has complained that H-D's idea of the female form is big boobs and no hips from the way their leather jackets fit. So I suppose when I think of it, there's a lot to be said on the subject and the lady in question here is as welcome as anyone to write about it. In any event, when I posted my reply I hoped it would create some debate and it has and for that I am grateful. Some days this site seems as interesting as watching grass grow. Not that I don't respect and welcome all the useful tech info, but it's nice to add a bit of opinion to the mix IMHO.

B B

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 08:04:09 PM »

Did you mean to say watching the grass grow OR did you mean watching the grass buds grow. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »

Why not, people write books all the time, I just turned my entry in.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »

Why not, people write books all the time, I just turned my entry in.

Well I guess we know who the sensible one is in your family now don't we   :huepfenjump3:

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 09:29:47 AM »

Thanks Dave, I will see if I can dig up my story. 

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »

Well I guess we know who the sensible one is in your family now don't we   :huepfenjump3:

B B

I guess.

I think you ought to write a book - maybe your memoirs - what do ya think?

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »

Kathy, I'd like to see BB's story too.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »

I guess.

I think you ought to write a book - maybe your memoirs - what do ya think?

Funny thing is, I've already started doing just that , to leave behind when I die for future generations. I got started on the idea because both of my grandfathers were gone by the time I was ten and I don't have many memories of them. So far, I've written about 25 pages. Stuff I remember from my childhood mostly. Pretty bland unless you're a family member. I'd forgotten about it until your post above. With all the time I have on my hands, I should get back to it again. Thanks for the reminder - - - - - and no, I don't think it'll be published. Nobody would believe about 20 years worth of stuff from around 1984 til about 2004. I'd have to publish it as fiction  :D

B B

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »

Funny thing is, I've already started doing just that , to leave behind when I die for future generations. I got started on the idea because both of my grandfathers were gone by the time I was ten and I don't have many memories of them. So far, I've written about 25 pages. Stuff I remember from my childhood mostly. Pretty bland unless you're a family member. I'd forgotten about it until your post above. With all the time I have on my hands, I should get back to it again. Thanks for the reminder - - - - - and no, I don't think it'll be published. Nobody would believe about 20 years worth of stuff from around 1984 til about 2004. I'd have to publish it as fiction  :D

B B
Over the holidays we were in Ohio, very close to the place where my husband was raised in little more than a bunch of sticks stacked so that formed a version of protection from the elements.  There was a lot of story swapping, but a couple of the folks with the most off the beaten path stories, including my husband, were keeping very quite.  So someone asked why they were not sharing.  They all agreed that sometimes not only do the stories seem unbelievable, they are actually waaaaay tooooo Sad.  Truth is like that sometimes.   Brian, I'd love to peruse through your memories.   

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »

B B

Some may not be believe it (even though it all really did happen) but it would be a very interesting read!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »

Some may not be believe it (even though it all really did happen) but it would be a very interesting read!
I'll second that..... BB git-r-done. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »

I'll second that..... BB git-r-done. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

You gonna take me in when Mrs B B tosses me out along about Chapter 12 ?

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 06:12:08 PM »

You gonna take me in when Mrs B B tosses me out along about Chapter 12 ?

B B
Not going to happen remember...
...... Nobody would believe about 20 years worth of stuff from around 1984 til about 2004. I'd have to publish it as fiction  :D

B B
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 04:19:54 PM »

This post was very interesting, It got me thinking how do women see them selves in the world of motor cycles?
Since like someone stated we don't have many women posting on the way they see them selves or feel about
things weather it's the bike they ride or the clothes they wear. How does the road effect them. I think a book
 would help that, or maybe encourage women riders to post here!!!! Just my 2 cents.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

Spider Pig

• CVO1: 2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »

Hey.... coming from a girl who rides.... I just knew I sure as hell wasn't going to be riding on the back!!! Your rear end starts to hurt and your knees get all tight.... how enjoyable is that for any extended duration of time? I guess everyone has their own reasons, but mine are plain and simple!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »

Hey.... coming from a girl who rides.... I just knew I sure as hell wasn't going to be riding on the back!!! Your rear end starts to hurt and your knees get all tight.... how enjoyable is that for any extended duration of time? I guess everyone has their own reasons, but mine are plain and simple!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

I've always wondered how anybody can sit on the back of a motorcycle. I tried it once when I was about 12 and it scared the bejesus outa me. I'll ride my own til the wheels fall off and I've gone down more times than I care to admit, but ridin on the back with somebody else in charge ?  Fuhgedaboutit

B B

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »

A great source for information on Women who ride would be my old friend Suzie Hollern. She gave me a copy of a book she wrote several years ago and it was fun and informative reading. I think it is out of print now but is available from Amazon.com. She is available at www.ladybikergifts.com/ and has many stories of women and Harleys. She used to ride a pink FLH.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 10:39:49 AM »

Funny how this subject jumped out at me this morning. A woman club member was over here last night for dinner with wife and I. She is an Iron Butt (no, not THAT kind) Rider for the past few years. One of a very few that does these rides on a '06 RK. Remember, most of those people ride Gold Wings/BMW!!
We also have a couple of women in the club who have done some long rides, either solo or with a friend or two. On the other side, yes, we do have a couple "posers" who just want the "looks". I have seen them come and go over the years, mostly "go" when they move on to some other "activity" that feeds their ego. The ones who stay, ride and have fun, and are not too worried about "BUTTERY SMOOTH LEATHER" are a "class act" IMHO.
Oh yeah, if any of you members read this, (you know who you are!) remember, I still love you!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 07:56:35 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

veech

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 07:11:27 PM »

I for one think that anything that encourages more women riders is a good thing...  After all, we spend so much time looking for 'scenic rides' and they are sure much nicer to look at than old fat guys on Harleys!   :-*

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »

I for one think that anything that encourages more women riders is a good thing...  After all, we spend so much time looking for 'scenic rides' and they are sure much nicer to look at than old fat guys on Harleys!   :-*

You been following me down the highway Veech?  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

As I stated early on in this thread, I am all for anything that brings more people into the motorcycle world!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

veech

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 07:26:24 PM »

LOL.  I'm in total agreement-the more people that ride the better, period.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 21 queries.