Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Women who ride -take a look..........  (Read 4074 times)

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
Re: Women who ride -take a look..........
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 10:33:13 AM »

My bet,
Women on Women

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »

Jeez, not that exciting! Think Opie and Anthony! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Admiral

• 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• SJHR
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:37 AM »

Jeez, not that exciting! Think Opie and Anthony! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

??
 :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 10:38:59 AM »

Their thing while on local radio here was WOW! Whip em Out Wendnesday!!! And the ladies loved it and would!!! No further explanation should be necessary!!! ??? ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Admiral

• 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• SJHR
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 10:40:10 AM »

Their thing while on local radio here was WOW! Whip em Out Wendnesday!!! And the ladies loved it and would!!! No further explanation should be necessary!!! ??? ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

:vrolijk_6:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 11:19:25 AM »

I find it interesting that there have been 209 looks at this thread with 19 replies so far (OK 20 with mine) and other then a comment from a male on what his wife stated we don't have any posts by the female members on this site.  :nixweiss:
I agree a bike rider should ride for their own reasons and each should be judged as a rider without regards to their gender. A good rider can be found in both genders as well as a bad rider can be found in both genders. Both sexes also have their fair share of posers or RUBS.

I don't know Tami very well but have talked to her and some of her staff at bike shows. I know she is in the market to make money, isn't every business? Do we criticize others for trying to find a niche market whether it be bikes, accessories, clothing or books?
From what she told me, Tami noticed that women riders had trouble finding proper fitting clothes much less something with a feminine touch. She stated not all women riders wanted just all black leather etc.
Then she also got into building bikes for women or smaller size guys who had trouble fitting on stock bikes.
I have no real idea about her planned book and don't know exactly what will be in it. Like someone else posted I think it may be interesting if she talks to women and finds out why they moved from a BSR to riding their own bike and also would they move back to BSR status?
Look at things in the reverse, how many guys start riding because their wife rode and they got tired riding as a BSR? Other points of interest could be how many women got classroom training to ride vs. men?
Maybe if the book had a reference section so women riders knew where to find stuff for their needs it could be helpful too?
I bet small women have trouble finding stuff to fit just as I have trouble finding very large stuff to fit me. (Hey maybe i will write a "Big guys" resource guide.... :huepfenlol2:)

I would imagine that most women start to ride for the same reasons and have the same feelings about riding that men do.
I can see this book for those people who have a budding interest in riding and want to know more especially if they are female. They may have questions that can be answered by someone who has been in their shoes.

Enjoy the ride everyone and be safe.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 11:23:56 AM »

Whats the big deal with a lady writing a book and making money with it. It's done all the time there's a growing number of ladys riding now, much more then ever before H-D is feeding on it. And I agree with Dood the more people men or women riding only helps all of us. Women aren't treated the same they are looked at like they don't know what there doing or talking about.

My .02 keep the change!   :xyxthumbs:

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »

Hoist! 8)

whip em out WHAT :nixweiss:
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
 :nervous:
 :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
PS you crack me up
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »

From the website:

I started Diva Customs three years ago out of the frustration of not having any nice clothing to ride in. It seemed that everything on the market for women riders was originally designed for a man, just downsized for a woman.

I wanted a leather jacket that is soft to the touch and designed to fit a woman, not a black cow leather jacket that weighs 20 pounds. My visioin is to offer designer clothing to the woman rider.

Our leather jackets are made only with the finest "butter soft" Napa Leather. Each Jacket is tailored fitted to hug the natural curves of a woman.

Seems her apparel will look good and fit well, despite the fact it offers absolutely none of the protection motorcycle apparel is deisgned for. I would think a real rider would know that and strive to offer it in a new product line specifically desinged for women riders.  By the description, the apparel appears better suited for those posing as women riders.

I'm just sayin' ....
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

Seems we are creating our own book right on this thread " Men's views on Women Riders"  LOL, I posted what I did not to disrespect the lady in question as much as it may have come off that way. My point was simply that women have worked their collective asses off in the name of being treated equally in the workplace and other areas of life. Us guys haven't always been so easily moved by some of what's been offered up as being unfair, rude or unequal treatment of women. Everything is a judgement. It's ok to oogle  NFL Cheerleaders at a game, but not so if a pretty woman walks by a construction site. Seems easy enough for most to grasp, but where is the line ?  And many other examples. We heard the term "glass ceiling" a lot during the recent elections. And many other examples. At the end of it all, as a father of two incredibly intelligent young women who also happen to be very attractive, I want them to be judged on their merits and not their gender. I have striven their whole lives to encourage them to compete with men on an equal basis. As such, I guess I'm perhaps not as sensitive as I might be to the issues mentioned here in other posts. But those issues are true. Both of my daughters have complained of automotive techs talking down to them when having their vehicles serviced. And my wife has complained that H-D's idea of the female form is big boobs and no hips from the way their leather jackets fit. So I suppose when I think of it, there's a lot to be said on the subject and the lady in question here is as welcome as anyone to write about it. In any event, when I posted my reply I hoped it would create some debate and it has and for that I am grateful. Some days this site seems as interesting as watching grass grow. Not that I don't respect and welcome all the useful tech info, but it's nice to add a bit of opinion to the mix IMHO.

B B

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 08:04:09 PM »

Did you mean to say watching the grass grow OR did you mean watching the grass buds grow. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »

Why not, people write books all the time, I just turned my entry in.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »

Why not, people write books all the time, I just turned my entry in.

Well I guess we know who the sensible one is in your family now don't we   :huepfenjump3:

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 09:29:47 AM »

I just heard on a radio show today that the woman owner of a business called Diva Customs is in the process of writing a book about "Why do women ride?" She is looking for women riders to email her with comments on why they ride.
I think it would be great if we could get some CVO ladies into her book!  :2vrolijk_21:
Here is a link to her shop's website and under the contact page is Tami's email address.

http://www.divacustoms.com/index.shtml
Thanks Dave, I will see if I can dig up my story. 

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »

Well I guess we know who the sensible one is in your family now don't we   :huepfenjump3:

B B

I guess.

I think you ought to write a book - maybe your memoirs - what do ya think?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.