Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Women who ride -take a look..........  (Read 4075 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Women who ride -take a look..........
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »

Kathy, I'd like to see BB's story too.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »

I guess.

I think you ought to write a book - maybe your memoirs - what do ya think?

Funny thing is, I've already started doing just that , to leave behind when I die for future generations. I got started on the idea because both of my grandfathers were gone by the time I was ten and I don't have many memories of them. So far, I've written about 25 pages. Stuff I remember from my childhood mostly. Pretty bland unless you're a family member. I'd forgotten about it until your post above. With all the time I have on my hands, I should get back to it again. Thanks for the reminder - - - - - and no, I don't think it'll be published. Nobody would believe about 20 years worth of stuff from around 1984 til about 2004. I'd have to publish it as fiction  :D

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »

Funny thing is, I've already started doing just that , to leave behind when I die for future generations. I got started on the idea because both of my grandfathers were gone by the time I was ten and I don't have many memories of them. So far, I've written about 25 pages. Stuff I remember from my childhood mostly. Pretty bland unless you're a family member. I'd forgotten about it until your post above. With all the time I have on my hands, I should get back to it again. Thanks for the reminder - - - - - and no, I don't think it'll be published. Nobody would believe about 20 years worth of stuff from around 1984 til about 2004. I'd have to publish it as fiction  :D

B B
Over the holidays we were in Ohio, very close to the place where my husband was raised in little more than a bunch of sticks stacked so that formed a version of protection from the elements.  There was a lot of story swapping, but a couple of the folks with the most off the beaten path stories, including my husband, were keeping very quite.  So someone asked why they were not sharing.  They all agreed that sometimes not only do the stories seem unbelievable, they are actually waaaaay tooooo Sad.  Truth is like that sometimes.   Brian, I'd love to peruse through your memories.   

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »

B B

Some may not be believe it (even though it all really did happen) but it would be a very interesting read!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »

Some may not be believe it (even though it all really did happen) but it would be a very interesting read!
I'll second that..... BB git-r-done. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »

I'll second that..... BB git-r-done. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

You gonna take me in when Mrs B B tosses me out along about Chapter 12 ?

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 06:12:08 PM »

You gonna take me in when Mrs B B tosses me out along about Chapter 12 ?

B B
Not going to happen remember...
...... Nobody would believe about 20 years worth of stuff from around 1984 til about 2004. I'd have to publish it as fiction  :D

B B
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 04:19:54 PM »

This post was very interesting, It got me thinking how do women see them selves in the world of motor cycles?
Since like someone stated we don't have many women posting on the way they see them selves or feel about
things weather it's the bike they ride or the clothes they wear. How does the road effect them. I think a book
 would help that, or maybe encourage women riders to post here!!!! Just my 2 cents.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

Spider Pig

• CVO1: 2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »

Hey.... coming from a girl who rides.... I just knew I sure as hell wasn't going to be riding on the back!!! Your rear end starts to hurt and your knees get all tight.... how enjoyable is that for any extended duration of time? I guess everyone has their own reasons, but mine are plain and simple!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »

Hey.... coming from a girl who rides.... I just knew I sure as hell wasn't going to be riding on the back!!! Your rear end starts to hurt and your knees get all tight.... how enjoyable is that for any extended duration of time? I guess everyone has their own reasons, but mine are plain and simple!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

I've always wondered how anybody can sit on the back of a motorcycle. I tried it once when I was about 12 and it scared the bejesus outa me. I'll ride my own til the wheels fall off and I've gone down more times than I care to admit, but ridin on the back with somebody else in charge ?  Fuhgedaboutit

B B

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »

A great source for information on Women who ride would be my old friend Suzie Hollern. She gave me a copy of a book she wrote several years ago and it was fun and informative reading. I think it is out of print now but is available from Amazon.com. She is available at www.ladybikergifts.com/ and has many stories of women and Harleys. She used to ride a pink FLH.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 10:39:49 AM »

Funny how this subject jumped out at me this morning. A woman club member was over here last night for dinner with wife and I. She is an Iron Butt (no, not THAT kind) Rider for the past few years. One of a very few that does these rides on a '06 RK. Remember, most of those people ride Gold Wings/BMW!!
We also have a couple of women in the club who have done some long rides, either solo or with a friend or two. On the other side, yes, we do have a couple "posers" who just want the "looks". I have seen them come and go over the years, mostly "go" when they move on to some other "activity" that feeds their ego. The ones who stay, ride and have fun, and are not too worried about "BUTTERY SMOOTH LEATHER" are a "class act" IMHO.
Oh yeah, if any of you members read this, (you know who you are!) remember, I still love you!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 07:56:35 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

veech

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 07:11:27 PM »

I for one think that anything that encourages more women riders is a good thing...  After all, we spend so much time looking for 'scenic rides' and they are sure much nicer to look at than old fat guys on Harleys!   :-*

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »

I for one think that anything that encourages more women riders is a good thing...  After all, we spend so much time looking for 'scenic rides' and they are sure much nicer to look at than old fat guys on Harleys!   :-*

You been following me down the highway Veech?  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

As I stated early on in this thread, I am all for anything that brings more people into the motorcycle world!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

veech

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 07:26:24 PM »

LOL.  I'm in total agreement-the more people that ride the better, period.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 24 queries.