Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Is your CVO a daily driver?  (Read 4307 times)

Ultra Villa

• Full CVO Member
    • NJ

• CVO1: 14 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHX
Re: Is your CVO a daily driver?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 10:16:15 AM »

The CVO is my only bike for now, so I use it for everything when the weather allows it.  I don't mind the cold, but I hate the cleaining afterwards.
Live for today, for yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

Lkn4advtr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »

yes they are, Since I am fortunate enough to have 3 I ride a CVO almost every day and on some days I ride all 3. The 07SERK was supposed to be my daily driver but on cold or wet days Casper was much nicer with the heated grips /seat as well as all that fiberglass up front to deflect the rain and cold. Now that i have the 09 orangecrush it is by far my favorite daily driver. Casper is supposed to be the weeken distance runner and now the SERK will be the towner. If the weather is too rough then i have the cage.
'Rollin down the highway, Lookin for adventure"

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »

I ride to work whenever the weather permits, and I don't have to take the little one to school.

Have taken it on a couple of business trips.  Riding on company time, getting paid mileage....sweet!

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 11:27:07 AM »

There's nothing in the world I'd rather do then ride.  There's no bike in the world I'd rather ride then Nemo.  Therefore I ride it whenever it's physically possible.  I can't today since I have to take my mom to see my dad in the hospital (he'll be fine, thanks!).  But tomorrow, expected temp 15 degrees F in the AM with some salt still on the road here in PA I will be riding to work.  I'll just have to do a little better job cleaning  when I get home instead of just a dust off.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2009, 07:30:02 PM »

So what exactly gets one's attention to a Swamp Cabbage Festival?
"Swamp" cabbage mmm! Yeah, right. It's "hearts of palm" that you've seen in jars in the store and in salads. The center, or 'heart' of a cabbage palm (FL state tree), but unfortunately it kills the tree when you harvest it. So much for the state tree.  What I wonder is, where are all those dead trees?
So, folks make fritters, chowder, salsa, soup, salad, and anything else you can think of to sell at the festival; some of it ain't bad, others, not so much. :puke: The festival is like a county fair. :dier_13: But there's also a bike event across the street; bike show, vendors, beer, etc.  All said and done, it's just a place to ride to. We ain't got that many places to go down here.  Hey, they got alligator tail, if'n yuh want.  :cowboy: Tastes like chicken.
:-Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Bikin' Bob

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 09:46:46 PM »

Florida Marine - I'm one of the lucky ones on here that lives in an area where you can pretty much ride year round.  So unless it's predicted to rain hard then I ride every day.  My morning commute may start out in the 20s but it's typically in the 50s and 60s by the time I head home.  Thus, my ride home is my "treat" to myself.  Also, except for the last few miles in each direction (30 miles round trip) it's all 4 lane where I can get up to 70-80 mph.  Not to bad for the bike then.
Why squabble? Just ride!

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 10:17:19 AM »

serg  is my only bike and my boss is cool with me working off of it as an insurance adjuster. mileage and driving time on the serg! nothing better!

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 11:19:01 PM »

Nope. 'Work' is just 8 straight, crazy-cage-filled miles from home. Even riding the  :pumpkin: won't make me look forward to that drive. Especially now, with the tourists and snowbirds clogging the roads (the best riding weather, of course).  I was partly involved in a 4-car pile-up on the way to work the other morning: a cage flat-out ran a red light at estimated 45 MPH and t-boned a Toyota on the driver's side. Had that been a biker, I would have been looking for his/her head somewhere instead of a bloody guy partly crushed in his cage.
There is no "long way home"... all flat, straight roads. Only possible thrill would be the big, black strip I could lay, if only I could be first at the light!  ::)
So, my CVO is something to look forward to on the weekends when I can head away from heavy population and ride flat, straight roads that are only occupied by illegal, unlicensed aliens in beater Civics and dump trucks.  Apologies to anyone I may have offended.  :huepfenjump3:
what Jerry fails to mention is that most major roads in Naples and Collier County are also under construction.......I work in the middle of that construction dodging all those snowbirds an dump truck driving illeagles..and my SERG is not a daily driver.out of town trips or when my wife wants to take a ride. The rest of my riding is jockey shifting my ape hangered softail through all that tourista traffic....cussin an fussin at the cages signaling right an hangin a left
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »

Of course... and its easy when riding season is 12 months long.... Now.... If I could just ride a little further on long weekends....   :soapbox:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 11:26:42 PM »

So what exactly gets one's attention to a Swamp Cabbage Festival?
you aint lived till you ben to the swamp cabbage festival....it's like redneck mardi Gras....Jerry I take SR82 alot out towards Immokolee, talk about frieghting, its wall to undocumented workers (trying to be PC)...in beat up Astro vans...when they stop it looks like one of those shriner clown cars....they just keep bailing out :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Sean M Cary

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 07:47:45 AM »

Of course... and its easy when riding season is 12 months long.... Now.... If I could just ride a little further on long weekends....   :soapbox:

change directions? - do a left loop on 1 and then a right loop on 1? 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 08:25:17 AM »

I cant beleive I missed the swamp cabbge festival, dammit!  One of my favorites...
Screem you guys makin the key west run in April?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 08:29:06 AM »

swamp cabbage

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 08:29:32 AM »

wonder who won it?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 08:29:57 AM »

Sorry  :jack:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.