Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Tour on bikes  (Read 774 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
World Tour on bikes
« on: April 12, 2009, 07:48:44 AM »

On my 2nd day heading to FL, I got blasted with a rain storm late in the day and stopped to get a room.  When I pulled into the parking spot in front of my room, there were 2 Gold Wings in the next parking spot.  A gentleman walked out from the room next to mine and greeted me with a beer as I got off my bike.  His name is Fred Lage and he is from Brazil.  He explained that he and his wife and another friend are doing a world tour on bikes.  He told me that they flew into Boston, purchased 2 Gold Wings and started the US leg of their tour.  He gave me his card with his website tracking the progress of the trip.  I told him that I would post this on our forum in case anyone would like to e-mail him and meet up with them through their travels.  After looking at their website, it looks like they got a late start on their plans and they also haven't been updating the site, so I don't know how accurate any of their planned dates will be.  But, if anyone is interested in hooking up with them, here is their website.  I did start off the next day riding with them on into FL and I stopped to throw on rain gear in mid storm and they continued on.

www.theworldon2wheels.com  As you shall see, their website is in Spanish, so you need to click on "Mapa do site" and then click on "Roteiro" and that will show you their itinerary, which again it looks like they are behind on from the start.  It looks like they have quite a few countries in their planned travels.  Very nice people, although Fred was the only one that speaks English well.  They took some photos of me and my bike and said they will be posting them to their website whenever they get caught up on that.  They are carrying a laptop with them, so I'm not sure why the site isn't showing any updates.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: World Tour on bikes
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:54:28 AM »

Well I can't read Spanish but from the looks of it, these guys have some spare coins laying around - what a trip.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »

Well I can't read Spanish but from the looks of it, these guys have some spare coins laying around - what a trip.

That was my guess too.  It didn't seem like money was much of an issue for them.  They aren't staying in extravagant accomodations, as they are in agreement with me that it's more important to have a place to stay where you can pull your bike up and park it directly outside your door.  They aren't holding back when it comes to visiting nice restaurants though, but they are still on the same page with me and opt for cold pizza for breakfast a few days a week.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 12:40:45 PM »

Brazil.  Spanish?  Not Portugese?
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 12:49:22 PM »

I don't know. It's all Greek to me.

tgent103

• Full CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE 15 FLHXSE 2020 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »

If you click on the American Flag at the top left of the page it converts the page to English.
15 FLHXSE Black Carbon Crystal

06 FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate
Rinehart Tru duals
Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C Stage 1
SERT

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 01:12:58 PM »

If you click on the American Flag at the top left of the page it converts the page to English.

I thought I had it up in English once, but I guess I didn't figure that out a second time.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.