Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what do you get when you buy a Chopped Tour Pak??  (Read 1785 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
what do you get when you buy a Chopped Tour Pak??
« on: July 15, 2010, 01:39:18 PM »

What comes with it? The small backrest pad? Hinges? I know the lock is seperate, but the parts catalog doesn't say what eles.

Thanks!!

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
Re: what do you get when you buy a Chopped Tour Pak??
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 02:15:36 PM »

Hinges only. When I ordered one for my 04' SE electraglide it was about $1800 for everything when all said and done.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 02:26:13 PM »

Shop around for a used one and paint it to match, better deal than the dealer
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 03:21:35 PM »

Just got one a couple of weeks ago from Jenni at the 20% discount.

You get the box, hinges and two latches.  You have to order seperately the keyed alike lock (have to have the code off of your key), liner, mounting bracket (two up or solo position), passenger backrest or pad, lid organizer and luggage rack if you're going far.

I found that by the time I bought one off of ebay and then paid to have it painted it was just as well that I order one new at the 20% discount.  Tour packs seem to be a hot commodity on ebay........not a huge discount there.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »

Ditto the used, I ran through that with my 07 serk. New would have been faster and easier and prolly not much more money

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »

That is why I am thinking new, I have the mount, keyed alike core, just need the pack and pad.

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »

Just got one a couple of weeks ago from Jenni at the 20% discount.

You get the box, hinges and two latches.  You have to order seperately the keyed alike lock (have to have the code off of your key), liner, mounting bracket (two up or solo position), passenger backrest or pad, lid organizer and luggage rack if you're going far.

I found that by the time I bought one off of ebay and then paid to have it painted it was just as well that I order one new at the 20% discount.  Tour packs seem to be a hot commodity on ebay........not a huge discount there.
I thought you didn't like the chopped tourpak. They sure look cool though ;)
TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »

I thought you didn't like the chopped tourpak. They sure look cool though ;)

No, it's not that I don't like them and they certainly look cool.  It's just that they're not to practical on the long haul rides.  I figure if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'm going to get the room for it to be practical.  Besides, in the solo position, I have full back support, not just low back.  Several comments to me about that on the Mosquito Ridge Rd. ride last weekend........."man, that sure looks comfortable J.C."

I talked Terrie into a tour pack (vs. one of the soft luggage) for our cross country rides but she would only consider the chopped tour pack, due to the weight issue.  That was good enough for me......at least her stuff will stay dry when we get caught in the rain and she can lock it up when we go in anywhere. :2vrolijk_21:

Here's her new chopped tour pack...  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=51400.msg752544#msg752544
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:49:47 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 05:51:31 PM »

This pic shows my King Tour pack in the solo position.  You can see what I mean by full back support.  At 6'4" it comes in a lot more handy and comfortable than I thought it would.......   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=51400.msg752602#msg752602

West Coast GTG   

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 10:03:39 PM »

I can tell you what you get,, a box with nothing in it and no room to put anything in it anyway.  That's all.. >:( >:(

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 08:36:26 AM »

I can tell you what you get,, a box with nothing in it and no room to put anything in it anyway.  That's all.. >:( >:(

I think Stu is suggesting that you get a king tour pack. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 12:19:52 PM »

How did this thread get in the Technical Twin Cam forum?

Just asking...
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 06:42:03 PM »

I just bought a King Tour Pak from Jenni as well, 20% off list, She shipped it to Bigfaty's (paint by Gene) for me, They charged 600.00 to paint  and do the Gold Oak Leaf Flames to match my SERK3.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »

hey JC..  how'd ya know?? ;)

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 12:43:08 AM »

Get a full size then mount it when you need it - and remove it for that cool low slung look - that's whatnI did back when I had the pumpkin.    :2vrolijk_21:
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.