Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: From V-Twin lover to CVO Nightmare  (Read 10126 times)

Ultra2010

Re: From V-Twin lover to CVO Nightmare
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 03:45:35 PM »

dang... I'd hate to see his reaction to a REAL problem.....  hope it all works out OK, life is way too short for me to get a wrapped around a flakes of chrome!  Good luck sir. 

P.S. Nothing a nice cold beer can't fix.   :drink:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »

;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JasonDeezy

• Ride it 'til the wheels fall off...
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Orange you glad it's a CVO?...

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 03:51:22 PM »

Wow, what a letter...
King Tour Pack
Roland Sands Design Diesel Wheels 18"/21"
Klock Werks 21" Slicer Fender
Klock Werks 8" FLARE Black Windshield
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Slipons
Fullsac X-Pipe B
8" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars & Power Mirrors
TTS Mastertune
Dakota Digital Gauges MCL-3006-R
Carl Brouhard Floorboards (Front & Rear)
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal
   Heel & Toes Shifter (w/pegs), Shift Arm & Linkage
Kuryakyn License Plate Frame (#9182)
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips
Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand

jasel

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »

To reach a figure of $10,000 I would assume that every chrome plated part on the bike would have to be defective, ............

That $10000 work order includes $6,000 for a new engine as the finish is ruined + $1,000 install.

It's not all cut and dry. HD chrome comes from several factories. I'd have to prove every part from a different run was defective. As different factories and countries are involved, The consider that I am the common denominator. The cover is the cause. The Bike lived in a garage with a 2009 and a 2005. The other 2 were a little dusty.

I don't have the luxury of having a temperature, humidity controlled garage. I've only had a garage at all for 2 years. When snow melts, the floor of the garage can get wet.

It can't have splashed up because I've ridden in torrential rains where parts of the bike just don't get wet.

I have a few 'lemon' lawyers who want to take the case, but something seems unethical (not that HD is showing any sign of moral or ethical responsibility).

I was a fool to spend $37k on a bike (although the locking saddlebags and trunk are sweet). I don't really even like chrome. The ABS is kind of creepy. The nav system is an accident waiting to happen. And for that kind of money the sound system is just OK. There's room for full range 6" speakers in the fairing and a decent amp. And I don't need to worry about dropping a bike with a $4k paint job.

And with all the union dispute stuff, I'm sure my letter could easily get lost. But I had a phone number saved just by chance, and found an article that says you should ask if they have a dispute resolution and arbitration department. I did, and it was surprising how quickly the attitude of the person on the phone changed.

She said she'd get ahold of their consumer affairs department, and while she's at it, will give them a copy of my letter.

I brought the bike to a dealer for a recall, and they do a walk around and the tech said it looks perfect, and when he gave me the form to sign I said not on your life, and made him write down all the defects.

And today's question: is the FLHTCUSE5 axle cap billet, cast or something else? it cost ~$35. Is that each or a pair. Whats the difference, except about $20?

To those who think that a crapload of chrome is nothing like sitting in a puddle of oil by the side of the road. I couldn't agree more, but isn't it a shame that quality is an outdated concept, and salespeople who have knowledge of what they are selling are a rarity. And it's always the other guys fault.

Believe it or not, there are companies who take pride in their products, and will go to any length to satisfy a customer, even if the customer is a whining a'hole. The dealer where I bought my bike represents the antithesis of that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:39:07 PM by jasel »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »

Here is the address or you can call them at (414) 343-4056.

Harley-Davidson Customer Care

3700 W. Juneau Avenue

Milwaukee, WI 53208

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »

Best of luck, I hope you are able to get satisfaction from them. Also, welcome aboard from Northern Virginia!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

jasel

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »

Thank You. I just found the little 'contact us' link on the site with the number.

The bad news is, the nice lady I spoke to the other day called back to tell me the consumer affairs organisms had reviewed my case and denied it. So tough sh*t.

My response: Then I'll ask again what I called for the other day: does HD have a dispute resolution procedure? If so, what is that procedure? Also, if an independent testing lab determines the parts are defective, and HD covers defective parts, why are my parts not being covered?

Her response: Environmental factors, blah, blah, blah. Typical canned response. Yada yada.

My question: What if the report, for which I included the pertinent quotes, determined that it was NOT environmental factors, and I was not responsible, and the other two bikes in the garage a 2005 Softail, and a 2009 Street Glide were in impeccable condition?

She'll get back to me. Goodbye Harley. Hello lemon lawyer. Does anyone know a competent attorney in Pennsylvania familiar with MM Act / Lemon Law?

I suppose I should consider myself lucky it was defective chrome, not a defective helmet... Everything is relative.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:54:07 PM by jasel »

charlie

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »

I know of the dealer he is talking about, my brother in that area had some issues with them as well, they are a bad dealer. Customer service sucks.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »

... I have a few 'lemon' lawyers who want to take the case ...

so I may suggest you take one of those  ::)

CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

jasel

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 07:18:09 PM »

I know of the dealer he is talking about, my brother in that area had some issues with them as well, they are a bad dealer. Customer service sucks.

Sucks is putting it mildly. If I'm not mistaken, former used car salesman.

So, is there any grounds anyone can think of to sue the dealer or sales manager

Failure to explain safety features, like the ABS?
Unable to activate radio. Didn't know nav system? Didn't know default alarm code? Removed labels that say remove by customer only? Didn't warn me the cover didn't breathe? Didn't wax the bike before delivery to prevent problem from starting? Did protest to HD knowing the parts were defective? Suggested I call a Lemon Lawyer? Implied I caused the damage? Didn't arrange to have bike inspected by competent tech? Any HD employee? Wrote $10,000 work order for repairs to bike (retail price, $70hr labor) including $7k for new engine? Didn't consult owner over such a large claim?

Even if I could get him to have to waste a day in court, and be forced to pay something.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks for the moral support.

And if you happen to be in a Harley dealership in Center Valley, PA, do yourself (and former customers) a favor and keep your money in your pocket. There's plenty of good dealers in the state.

jasel

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »

so I may suggest you take one of those  ::)

How do you pick a lemon lawyer?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:25:12 PM by jasel »

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2010, 07:42:21 PM »

I can not make out what this picture is of. ?  I'm sorry for your misfortune, but something is not adding up, there is got to be more to this than we know. Good luck.!!!
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »

OMG, Jerry's taking up for the Motor Company.
What's next, flying pigs?

:nervous:     :nervous:    :nervous:

SBB

Funny chit. Sticky that reply.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2010, 10:12:46 PM »

I am not an attorney, but you are out of luck in PA with lemon laws.

1. They (lemon laws) do not apply to motorcycles.

2. lemon laws in most states apply for  them (Dealer) trying to fix and not accomplishing the task........not for refusing to fix

3. sounds like the environment caused your issues on this........

Sorry, I am of no help.......

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 04:52:28 AM »

just ask google  ;)

You detected the corrosion in March - now it's September. From what you tell us any lawyer could represent your case. Your warranty will somewhen expire. So don't write letters and blogs, take your case to court and don't loose any more time in useless complaints over internet. You should have done so already months ago, such cases don't get better with age (I know what I'm talking about, I do litigation myself).
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.