Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Blasphemy - Gold Wing Thoughts  (Read 5679 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Blasphemy - Gold Wing Thoughts
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 02:26:23 PM »

None of us are here to win a personality contest...

Not to be disagreeable but.....Recall a contest we had here that was personality driven.  You may not have been on this board much at the time. There was an election of sorts (a poll) & probably a lot of cheating & all kinds of supposed chicanery with reported bribery, skullduggery, & such but no pictures of dead cats near oil drains, unfortunately.   A "Chithead" won & it was said to be due to personality sooooo...

:huepfenlol2:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »

HC...I've only been back on the site since late January of this year.  I've read most of your posts since that time, I think.  To me, what you've said is not what I would consider slamming anything.  Your reasons for riding the brand and style of motorcycle you ride are legitimate reasons for you, and I find no fault with them whatsoever.  Victory is a good motorcycle.  So is Honda, Star, BMW, Kawasaki, etc, etc, etc.  Harley's are good motorcycles too, for what they are. They are not the best at everything, and neither are the others.  You spend your money on what you want/like, I do the same, and others may choose something else.  It's all good, because they're all two wheels and a lot of fun.  Some are better at certain things than others...that is true about almost everything in this world, and IMO, that is a very good thing.  It's always good to get another perspective on whatever, unless you're closed minded.  If you were on here just to stir up chit, there are mechanisms in place to have you removed.  I have seen no evidence of that, from my perspective.  It would be a boring assed world if everyone saw everything the same way, or were forced to adopt the viewpoints of whoever thinks they have the best ones.  None of us are here to win a personality contest, so we have to tolerate other opinions.  Tolerance is a good thing too...

Excellent mindset, kudos on being able to present our differences on what moves us.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 04:26:31 PM »

I re-read this whole thread and these are NOT quotes from me:

"If a person is buying a touring bike strictly based on function over form, and reliability, HD would probably not be in the running..... You can certainly get a lot more bike for the buck with a Wing or BMW, from a practical point of view, especially when you compare them to a CVO touring bike." 

"The GW is a different ride... feels like a sport bike compared to the SEUC.  The power is unbelievable.  It is a bigger bike than the SEUC, so it does ride better.  There is more seat room, which is good on a long trip"

"it is good to have a second bike to ride while the SEUC is in the shop"

"Reliability and function trumps "style" every time in my book, and for those who can only swing having one bike it's a dilemma. Go with the proven reliability, power, handling, and comfort of the Honda "appliance", or take your chances with the stylish but not so reliable Harley?.... All I know is, if I were planning to ride across a desolate desert without a fully equipped chase truck, I'd be much more confident doing it on a Honda than a Harley"

But... I slammed Harleys? Where?

The man asked you a question Chithead!
 :)

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 04:53:39 PM »

Not to be disagreeable but.....Recall a contest we had here that was personality driven.  You may not have been on this board much at the time. There was an election of sorts (a poll) & probably a lot of cheating & all kinds of supposed chicanery with reported bribery, skullduggery, & such but no pictures of dead cats near oil drains, unfortunately.   A "Chithead" won & it was said to be due to personality sooooo...

:huepfenlol2:

I hate I missed that...I'm sure d00d "fixed" it though... :huepfenlol2:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 05:01:47 PM »

Very astute observation.  Surprised the poll winning Chithead has not popped back in to share....well whatever it is you share when you get elected to such a lofty position of import among your peers.
 :drink: :huepfenjump3:

Glad we never had a pee-er poll.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »

I didn't win it... but still not sure it wasn't fixed. :nixweiss: :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 12:19:32 AM »

Chithead?  Does he resemble that remark?
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.