Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Lower Fairing Magnetic Glove Box Doors  (Read 9510 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Lower Fairing Magnetic Glove Box Doors
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »

OK not bad. I think the price is reasonable enough to give them a try.

Yea, me too...if necessary, I think you could add a couple of those stick on flexible strip magnets, cut to size, in strategic locations, but it looks fine as is for what I plan on putting in there.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 05:04:26 PM »

OK not bad. I think the price is reasonable enough to give them a try.

That was a sort of a snap decision. :huepfenlol2:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »

Yea, me too...if necessary, I think you could add a couple of those stick on flexible strip magnets, cut to size, in strategic locations, but it looks fine as is for what I plan on putting in there.
Yep, good idea.  Not where I'm gonna be carrying a gun, but might be a handy stash for a point & shoot camera or your phone so as to not get drenched.   :vrolijk_15: I tend to over pack those lowers.  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »

Yep, good idea.  Not where I'm gonna be carrying a gun, but might be a handy stash for a point & shoot camera or your phone so as to not get drenched.   :vrolijk_15: I tend to over pack those lowers.  ;) spyder

Me either.  I tend to not even use the boxes because I don't trust the snaps to secure it.  Get 'em tight enough to snap well and they are a PITA to get closed again once opened.  Lost one of the doors once...the keeper had come untied, the door unsnapped itself (nothing in there) and I just felt it hit my leg on it's way to the road.  No chance to recover it.  The liners they put in the new bikes take up a lot of space.  Hell, the liners take up a lot of space in the bags as well...I take 'em out of the bags for trips and gain what seems like 1/2" in all directions, and the luggage bags slide in and out easier.  The boxes will be nice for keeping cleaner, microfiber cloths, tire repair kit, small LED flashlight, pressure gauge, etc.

TTS Mastertune

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 06:05:57 PM »

JR...I don't have them in hand, so this is a guess...but, I'd think that as long as nothing heavy was near the top of the box, it would be fine.  I found a video!!

Thanks Terry! I still think they we would be worth a try for me! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2011, 06:34:17 PM »

Me either.  I tend to not even use the boxes because I don't trust the snaps to secure it.  Get 'em tight enough to snap well and they are a PITA to get closed again once opened.  Lost one of the doors once...the keeper had come untied, the door unsnapped itself (nothing in there) and I just felt it hit my leg on it's way to the road.  No chance to recover it.  The liners they put in the new bikes take up a lot of space.  Hell, the liners take up a lot of space in the bags as well...I take 'em out of the bags for trips and gain what seems like 1/2" in all directions, and the luggage bags slide in and out easier.  The boxes will be nice for keeping cleaner, microfiber cloths, tire repair kit, small LED flashlight, pressure gauge, etc.
Don't use the liners anywhere either.  luggage bag on one side sometimes.  What kind of cleaner do you carry in the lowers?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »

Don't use the liners anywhere either.  luggage bag on one side sometimes.  What kind of cleaner do you carry in the lowers?  :nixweiss: spyder

When I bought the '06, they gave me some of the small HD "travel" sized products...small spray bottles.  I've saved them, so I dumped out the Harley chit and put the product of my choice in with a label so I won't forget what it is.  It's generally more than plenty to get me through a trip, just "touching up" things a bit here and there.  I was using Glare Sahara in it, but was never really happy with that product for a quick detail...kind of messy.  I recently found the Griot's Garage Speed Shine...it is by far the easiest to use product of it's kind that I've found thus far.  Lifts the dust/dirt that gets on the bike during normal riding right off with no worry about leaving swirl marks or light scratches.  Probably wouldn't use it on a seriously dirty bike, but for normal stuff it's great chit...along with their blue microfiber cloths.  It's kind of like it has a lubricant in it that lifts the dirt/dust, and it leaves a nice deep shine without messing with the Glare polish on the bike.  Griot's is my new place for The Anal Retentive Detailer... :huepfenlol2:  I still like the Glare for polish though...nothing's better.

TTS Mastertune

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »

That was a sort of a snap decision. :huepfenlol2:

lol yeah, thats the way I roll sometimes.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »

When I bought the '06, they gave me some of the small HD "travel" sized products...small spray bottles.  I've saved them, so I dumped out the Harley chit and put the product of my choice in with a label so I won't forget what it is.  It's generally more than plenty to get me through a trip, just "touching up" things a bit here and there.  I was using Glare Sahara in it, but was never really happy with that product for a quick detail...kind of messy.  I recently found the Griot's Garage Speed Shine...it is by far the easiest to use product of it's kind that I've found thus far.  Lifts the dust/dirt that gets on the bike during normal riding right off with no worry about leaving swirl marks or light scratches.  Probably wouldn't use it on a seriously dirty bike, but for normal stuff it's great chit...along with their blue microfiber cloths.  It's kind of like it has a lubricant in it that lifts the dirt/dust, and it leaves a nice deep shine without messing with the Glare polish on the bike.  Griot's is my new place for The Anal Retentive Detailer... :huepfenlol2:  I still like the Glare for polish though...nothing's better.

Being at home is costing me a lot of money. Today I bought some more glare stuff with the 15% off labor day sale. Even thought I would try the GLARE Sahara Wash and Detail Spray. Say's "This is a beautiful after care product when your vehicle gets very dirty and you want to clean and maintain the original deep beyond wet look shine you received using the Glare Professional Polish." Then I went to Groits gGarage and bought the 3" Random Orbital and some pads. Wish I read this first, I saw the speed shine and already ordered the glare sahara so I didn't get it...oh well. :nixweiss:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »

Being at home is costing me a lot of money. Today I bought some more glare stuff with the 15% off labor day sale. Even thought I would try the GLARE Sahara Wash and Detail Spray. Say's "This is a beautiful after care product when your vehicle gets very dirty and you want to clean and maintain the original deep beyond wet look shine you received using the Glare Professional Polish." Then I went to Groits gGarage and bought the 3" Random Orbital and some pads. Wish I read this first, I saw the speed shine and already ordered the glare sahara so I didn't get it...oh well. :nixweiss:

JR you better heal up real fast or else you'll go broke from boredom.  har.  spyder

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »

JR you better heal up real fast or else you'll go broke from boredom.  har.  spyder

Man it's only been a week and I've been there for 3 days. :D It would be different if I could be riding or doing things around here besides sitting on my rear end! :huepfenlol2:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 11:44:41 AM »

JR...the Sahara works fine, I just found the Speed Shine easier to use.  Just spray the Sahara on the cloth, then wipe, then use another cloth to finish.  The mist tends to get on stuff you don't intend if you spray the surface...overspray.  You're going to wonder how you ever lived without the 3" Orbital from Griot's...that thing is the ticket!  Get well, bro...

TTS Mastertune

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »

Thanks again Terry! I'm really can't wait to get that orbital and give it a whirl on my Nana! :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 12:35:52 PM »

JR...the Sahara works fine, I just found the Speed Shine easier to use.  Just spray the Sahara on the cloth, then wipe, then use another cloth to finish.  The mist tends to get on stuff you don't intend if you spray the surface...overspray.  You're going to wonder how you ever lived without the 3" Orbital from Griot's...that thing is the ticket!  Get well, bro...
Dang it Terry, you were gonna alert me next time Griots had a sale, and here I missed out again on the sale yesterday.  No 3' ORBITAL for me.  Still polishing by hand in Goldsboro.  :(  spyder

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 01:13:42 PM »

Dang it Terry, you were gonna alert me next time Griots had a sale, and here I missed out again on the sale yesterday.  No 3' ORBITAL for me.  Still polishing by hand in Goldsboro.  :(  spyder

In my defense, I didn't get any notification from Griot's about a sale.   ;)  JR, did you get the orbital on sale, or just the free shipping?  This thread has been thoroughly jacked... :huepfenlol2: :jack:

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.