Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where can I get best Gas in Houston, TX  (Read 1050 times)

Screamin08

• Full CVO Member
Where can I get best Gas in Houston, TX
« on: October 08, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »

Just had an issue with bad gas in the 08 SERK. I was wondering if any of you Houston Riders have a personal preference as to what Gas station or Gas co. you use all the time here in Houston.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: Where can I get best Gas in Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »

What was bad about it and where did you get  :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »

TACO BELL!!! :nixweiss: ;D Sorry couldn't help myself.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Screamin08

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »

What was bad about it and where did you get  :nixweiss:

Well, the bike got really hard to start and would even backfire when starting. It also felt real sluggish on acceleration. And the exhaust note sounded wierd. Then I went and filled up just the other day and the bike came back to normal, no hard starts, smoothed out accelleration, and sounded better...basically felt like i rode a a whole new bike. It was at a Chevron station near channelview off the Tollway.

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 04:03:51 PM »

Unfortunately, that can happen at any of them when they get low and suck up water/ trash from bottom of tanks (a sure sign is an excessively slow running pump) . I usually give preference to highest octane offered from Shell/Texaco or QT & Exxon stations throughout Texas,  the newer the station the better.

Even if it seems all has returned to normal, you'd be well advised to change your fuel filter immediately.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:35:00 PM by Shovelhead »
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »

93 Octane at Shell or Chevron, and also try to stay away from the cut rate places...
Letz Ride

Screamin08

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »

93 Octane at Shell or Chevron, and also try to stay away from the cut rate places...

Chevron is where I got the bad gas......I never buy from cut rate...thought I was doing ok going to chevron   :'(

Screamin08

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 07:51:07 PM »

Unfortunately, that can happen at any of them when they get low and suck up water/ trash from bottom of tanks (a sure sign is an excessively slow running pump) . I usually give preference to highest octane offered from Shell/Texaco or QT & Exxon stations throughout Texas,  the newer the station the better.

Even if it seems all has returned to normal, you'd be well advised to change your fuel filter immediately.

Thanks for the tip on the fuel filter

mark

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 09:18:53 PM »

Just out of curiosity...since there is a finite number of refineries in the US, where do the "cut-rate" gas stations get their gas?...Since they don't produce their own, they must purchase it from, say, Chevron, Shell, Exxon.

Petroleum companies buy gas from each other all the time.  That "Shell" gas may have been refined by "Exxon."  That Seven-Eleven cut-rate gas had to come from a major refinery.   

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 10:29:37 PM »

There are several websites that also identify stations that offer non-ethanol gas.  pure-gas.org has them listed by state where you can plan ahead where you might want to stop for fuel.  For those times when I cannot help but buy the "corn" gas, I use Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment which is specifically designed to treat ethanol fuels.  I won't gas up with 10% ethanol gas unless I absolutely cannot help it.  Believe me, there is a difference.
Jesus is Lord

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.