Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Advice on an Enclosed Trailer  (Read 9744 times)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: Advice on an Enclosed Trailer
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »

With a 7X14 V nose trailer, is it possible to put 2 baggers in staggered and let's say a Fatboy in the rear between them if needed?[/quote
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't my bike to be one of the three even if you could squeeze them in which I doubt.

A seven foot wide trailer is about six foot six inches wall to wall on the inside.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 08:26:04 PM »

Actually the majority of 7' wide trailers measure 80" inside.  The Aluma all alluminum 7' trailer measures 81.25".

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 09:01:05 PM »

With a 7X14 V nose trailer, is it possible to put 2 baggers in staggered and let's say a Fatboy in the rear between them if needed?

I don't think I would try it.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »

The Thule 6.5 (mine) measures 78.5", and that is on the finished sides with 3/8" plywood.

MV 2013

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2006, 09:17:41 PM »

You can get 3 bikes with no problem in a 7 x 16 trailor.  I have a 7 x 16 H & H trailor and I put two bikes in no problem.  I have the e-trac mounted to the floor so you can vary you configuration based on what you're hauling.

From the side door forward I am in the process of building a work bench/storage area so my option of hauling three is gone, but if I hadn't done that I would have no problem hauling at least three bikes.

Jim

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 09:08:01 AM »

One thing to consider...on my tailer I installed the brackets for the front wheels, you ride your bike into the bracket and a rear bracket comes up and locks the front wheel in place so that you can get off the bike and it stands without the kick stand to strap it down.

When I picked up my '06 SE Ultra I pulled it in and strapped it down.  When I got home the front wheel would not come out of the stand or bracket.  The front tire was obviously a bigger size than my '03 Road King.  Had to whinch it out!

napalm
napalm

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 11:08:32 AM »

When I got home the front wheel would not come out of the stand or bracket.  The front tire was obviously a bigger size than my '03 Road King.  Had to whinch it out!

napalm

Yeah, I had the same problem, and then I took it out of gear [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

MV 2013

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 11:18:31 AM »

[highlight]Yeah, I had the same problem, and then I took it out of gear [/highlight][smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

That's funny Duane! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Have a Happy New Year! [smiley=drink.gif] Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 11:34:19 AM »

Trailer what trailer. My bikes never seen the inside of a trailer. Bought them to ride not to pull around.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 11:46:32 AM »

Trailer what trailer. My bikes never seen the inside of a trailer. Bought them to ride not to pull around.

Hey Sky, That sums up my feelings on trailers too! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Never heard the expression "Live to Trailer", have you? ::) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 12:17:30 PM »

trailer goes good behind the bike ;D

Bagger

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2006, 02:19:34 PM »

Trailer what trailer. My bikes never seen the inside of a trailer. [highlight]Bought them to ride not to pull around[/highlight].

As did I, however hard as I try, I have not yet mastered the art of riding my scooter and driving my truck at the same time during a move, or when I need to get the scoot to the shop for some work that is going to take more than day, which requires the bike to stay there.  I certainly don't plan on sleeping at the shop while I wait for the work to be done.  Further, frequently my scoot goes with me on business trips, which last for weeks.  The trailer doubles as a garage in those cases.  Quite a handy item......I think.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 02:22:03 PM by Bagger »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2006, 10:24:37 PM »

Been riding for 35 years, sometimes you just have to take a break. That and since my wife is unable to do long trips (2-3 hours tops) means if I want her along we have to use the trailer.

Sometimes your body will dictate how you ride, not the other way around.

MV 2013

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.