Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Mounting tips for guardian bells (not belles)  (Read 9513 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Mounting tips for guardian bells (not belles)
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 12:33:16 AM »

Right Front floor board mount for mine too. Just a bit worn down like Ernie's.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 12:56:28 AM »

[highlight]Friend of mine gave me one of these dumb ass things. 166 miles later he rear-ended me. I won't even allow one in my house. They're sacreligeous anyway - - -paganism and all that chit.  
B B  [/highlight]

[smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=ROFLOL.gif]
Now that's some real pagan chit bro' !!

[smiley=drink.gif]
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 04:23:33 AM »

For those unfamiliar with the legend of the ride bell here is a link to the legend.

http://www.helmetsetc.com/legend-bell.asp

I had heard that the bell should be installed as close to the road as possible to make it easier for the gremilns to fall off. I have seen bells in many locations though. 8-)

Thanks for this link, VaEagle !

I discover this story but I've seen the bells on the Stores Online or on the photos on this site. [smiley=confused5.gif]
Now, I understand the reason and it's a very nice legend ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
When I receive my Jester, probably I'll put a bell ...

Best regards and Ride safe !
Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 10:18:05 AM »

Friend of mine gave me one of these dumb ass things. 166 miles later he rear-ended me. I won't even allow one in my house. They're sacreligeous anyway - - -paganism and all that chit.  

B B
Brian, suggest you give the "friend" a bell and get with the program. Riding in San
Diego county requires all the help you can get!  

mine is at the bottom of the down tube.  Any lower on the CVO and you will squash it like a pancake and it will look like mine.  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:18:36 AM by GregLyon »
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 11:05:50 AM »

When you install it make sure it is in a safe place. The last thing you want is for it to break or fall off and give you a flat on the back tire. Throw away the leather tie and use a zip tie. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 04:31:46 PM »

be careful putting it on the down tubes. wife had hers there,  when we got to Daytona and unloaded the bikes from the trailer,  she had a little scrap mark on her front fender. front forks compressed in trailer and bell swaying.  not good.

paganism???????

I worship the great god   "Hali"  as in that old movie - Galaxina

"Hali David Son"

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

harleydiva

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 08:54:26 PM »

For those unfamiliar with the legend of the ride bell here is a link to the legend.

http://www.helmetsetc.com/legend-bell.asp

I had heard that the bell should be installed as close to the road as possible to make it easier for the gremilns to fall off. I have seen bells in many locations though. 8-)

Thanks for sharing the legend of the guardian bell.  Only a few days ago I said to Terry that it would be a nice gesture when we meet a member of this site for the first time to give them a guardian bell.

Happy and Safe Trails,

Suzanne

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 10:44:35 PM »

Friend of mine gave me one of these dumb ass things. 166 miles later he rear-ended me. I won't even allow one in my house. They're sacreligeous anyway - - -paganism and all that chit.  

B B

;D ;D ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I'm not against bells and I don't care what anyone puts on their bike. In fact, I have 2 of them. There around the door knobs going in the house. Lets me know when someone comes in. I even think they look cute. Do I have one on my bike, absolutely not. Personally I would rather put my faith in God instead of a bell.

Outstanding Brian, that one was almost a beverage spew.  Pretty sure there were a couple bubbles out the nose.  Paganism.  [highlight]Around a group that puts the bikes specifically, and chrome generally, up on a totem like this group does.  Hell, for those that have a lift and a lawn chair in the garage it's an honest to goodness altar.[/[/highlight]quote]

I believe it can be! Anything we value more or put in place of God can be. I love my scooter, this website, and Lord I love Chrome! ;D But for me, there is Nothing that can give me greater satisfaction than the Love I have for God and he has for me. Once again, for me, I would rather put my faith and trust in God over a bell. ;)

JR  [smiley=bananarock.gif]

Bagger

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 04:34:07 PM »

;D ;D ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I'm not against bells and I don't care what anyone puts on their bike. In fact, I have 2 of them. There around the door knobs going in the house. Lets me know when someone comes in. I even think they look cute. [highlight]Do I have one on my bike, absolutely not. Personally I would rather put my faith in God instead of a bell. [/highlight]Outstanding Brian, that one was almost a beverage spew.  Pretty sure there were a couple bubbles out the nose.  Paganism.  [highlight]Around a group that puts the bikes specifically, and chrome generally, up on a totem like this group does.  Hell, for those that have a lift and a lawn chair in the garage it's an honest to goodness altar.[/[/highlight]quote]

I believe it can be! Anything we value more or put in place of God can be. I love my scooter, this website, and Lord I love Chrome! ;D But for me, there is Nothing that can give me greater satisfaction than the Love I have for God and he has for me. Once again, for me, I would rather put my faith and trust in God over a bell. ;)

JR  [smiley=bananarock.gif]

JR, got it.  That bell isn't going to save my backside or keep my scoot from breaking especially if it is God's will that the alternative happens.  I have my Christian faith and a whole lot of prayer to keep me safe and happily cruising down the highway.  However, the way I see it, that bell is NOT just another piece of chrome or a pagan idol.  It is chrome, but it is different than any other piece of chrome on my scoot.  It is very special to me.  It was given to me by a Vietnam veteran, who I deeply respect, and it is a POW/MIA ride bell, and I display it in their honor and remembrance.  Being a retired Army veteran myself, I consider it an honor when a retired Army veteran from the generation prior to mine thinks enough of me to give me something from his generation to display on my scooter.  I'm very proud to display my POW/MIA ride bell in honor of Vietnam POWs, MIAs and veterans.  It's an Army thing!!  No pagan idolatry involved there.  Just pure patriotism.  I believe God fully supports patriotism. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 06:03:52 PM »

I really don't think these things scare off gremlins but I do polish mine when I clean the bike and I do think it's a good thing to remember those gone before when I do.   :'( :)

And if it smacks one of those silly little bugers on the way by that's a good thing.   ;D ;D

Bagger

Mounting tips for guardian bells (not belles)
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 06:15:16 PM »

I really don't think these things scare off gremlins but I do polish mine when I clean the bike and I do think it's a good thing to remember those gone before when I do.   :'( :)

[highlight]And if it smacks one of those silly little bugers on the way by that's a good thing.  [/highlight] ;D ;D

Go to lower Alabama in the spring or fall.  It'll get covered with the gremlins known as "LOVEBUGS!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:16:58 PM by Bagger »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »

Go to lower Alabama in the spring or fall.  It'll get covered with the gremlins known as "LOVEBUGS!!!!!!"

On the surface that seems an attractive proposition. However, I suspect it's something terribly disgusting. Wish they'd get that dag gone polish test done so I'd know the best anti 'bug of all sort' repellent.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 08:47:08 PM »

On the surface that seems an attractive proposition. However, [highlight]I suspect it's something terribly disgusting.[/highlight] Wish they'd get that dag gone polish test done so I'd know the best anti 'bug of all sort' repellent.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Man them things are nasty! [smiley=nervous.gif] I remember when I traveled the pipelines I would work alot in Texas, LA, MS and AL. My truck would be covered and would have to stop every hour or so to clean my windshield so I can see! :o

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 09:15:34 PM »

You got that right!!!! I have had to pull over between Georgiana and Andalusia in March - April more times than I care to remember to wash the headlights and windshield off at night just to see.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »

Ain't no program for me to get with dude cept ridin as if every cager out there is out for my a$$  >:(

JR
      I'm with you brother. I'll put my faith in the man upstairs over some stupid little bell.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

As for mounting them. Go to a Budhist Temple and mount them there, it's actually part of the religion and then you'd be doing something worthwhile with some worthless.  ;)

B B
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:24:24 PM by SPIDERMAN »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.