Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Last Coat detail.....  (Read 6533 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Last Coat detail.....
« on: December 16, 2020, 07:04:41 AM »

Last Coat is an incredible product that I just discovered.....here's a link to a video that I did in my garage yesterday....

Edit:  Try this link....

« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 04:39:39 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
Re: Last Coat detail.....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 07:56:57 AM »

thelastcoat.com

Link doesn’t work.

Expensive stuff!!!  Might try it. lol

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 04:19:25 PM »

thelastcoat.com

Link doesn’t work.

Expensive stuff!!!  Might try it. lol

You can try again....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 04:26:00 PM »

There are YouTube videos on how to apply it.....very, very easy to use!

https://thelastcoat.com/?rfsn=4766878.d9ed51

West Coast GTG   

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 04:37:54 PM »

WOW makes it look like NEW!

will have to try it also.
Thanks
Richard

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 04:18:03 PM »

Last Coat is a Si02 based product. Makes great shine, has so-so lasting abilities. Graphene is quickly pusing the products like Last Coat out of favor. The new Turtle Wax Graphene, or even the existing Turtle Wax Spray Ceramic is a more advanced, much cheaper product than Last Coat and will outlast it. Check out Pan the Organizer on YouTube, he tests them all, Last Coat was great, a couple years ago. No longer top of the line and still costs to much.
These products make crazy shine, but they shine what is there, If surface is scratched it will be shiny scratches when you get done. NO cleaning or abrasives in any of these ceramic or graphene products.  But Crazy Shine, water beading and dust repellant.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 05:27:19 PM »

Last Coat is a Si02 based product. Makes great shine, has so-so lasting abilities. Graphene is quickly pusing the products like Last Coat out of favor. The new Turtle Wax Graphene, or even the existing Turtle Wax Spray Ceramic is a more advanced, much cheaper product than Last Coat and will outlast it. Check out Pan the Organizer on YouTube, he tests them all, Last Coat was great, a couple years ago. No longer top of the line and still costs to much.
These products make crazy shine, but they shine what is there, If surface is scratched it will be shiny scratches when you get done. NO cleaning or abrasives in any of these ceramic or graphene products.  But Crazy Shine, water beading and dust repellant.

I stumbled in to the Turtle Wax Spray product a year or so ago.  Maybe closer to two (not sure).  Have been very surprised and very pleased at its obvious positive effect, ease of application and very fair cost.  Keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but so far it hasn't.  Has been a real winner.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 09:25:20 PM »

Begs the question.......if you knew this, why were you keeping it a secret?  I and many others have spent countless hours looking for a shine like this!   Didn't expect a shine product to repaint the scratches but they're sure not as noticeable.

Are you a chemist or work in the detail business or something like that Don?

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 04:10:53 PM »

Begs the question.......if you knew this, why were you keeping it a secret?  I and many others have spent countless hours looking for a shine like this!   

That's right Don (the other Don, or the other other Don depending on how many of us are reading something); it's your duty to share everything you know about anything with everyone on the site as soon as you know it.  I, personally, don't have countless hours to spend.  And even if I did I couldn't count them.  Because they are, well....; countless.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 06:36:17 PM »

I do selective Detailing. Very Selective for who. But I do keep up with and try a lot of products, Some free, some I buy. Also worked in Chemical Corp R&D for many years in an earlier life and fully understand what goes on in that field. I am also trained and competent in the auto refinish arena. 
If you want latest product right now, You want Graphene. Do some research on brands and you will find ALOT of non-reputable companies out there. Last Coat does not fall in that category, they are just currently lagging behind a little but I assure you they will catch up soon. But you pay a lot for there stuff. More than necessary in my opinion.
Also I am NEVER guilty of top coating a scratch. I correct all that prior to sealing, whether it be wax, sealant or ceramic. So hopefully that helps you JC.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 06:47:24 PM »

One more thing, All of these new products, including your above mentioned Last Coat are very intolerant of any oil, including the stuff on your fingers and forhead. You will increase the effects of the product by a quick wipe down with a prep product such as CarPro Eraser or any of the other similar products out there, even a 50/50 Distilled water/91% Rubbing Alcohol.
They also do not like alkaline soap. If you want the shine to last use a PH Neutral Car Wash Soap with NO wax additive. Meguairs/Mothers/CarPro and others make good mild sudsy products that are PH Neutral. Buy one and use it only on your cars and bikes.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 06:53:28 PM »

Want to almost eliminate the scratching & water spotting when you are drying the bike? Lightly blow off excess water from painted and chrome surfaces, do not blow them dry, then spritz them with "Bead Maker Black Label" before you do final dry with your microfiber drying towel. Bead Maker will extend the life of your sealant/wax or whatever and make paint and chrome shine like never before, make drying easier than ever and almost eliminate water spotting. Buy it by the gallon, cheap that way.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 08:29:29 PM »

One more thing, All of these new products, including your above mentioned Last Coat are very intolerant of any oil, including the stuff on your fingers and forhead. You will increase the effects of the product by a quick wipe down with a prep product such as CarPro Eraser or any of the other similar products out there, even a 50/50 Distilled water/91% Rubbing Alcohol.
They also do not like alkaline soap. If you want the shine to last use a PH Neutral Car Wash Soap with NO wax additive. Meguairs/Mothers/CarPro and others make good mild sudsy products that are PH Neutral. Buy one and use it only on your cars and bikes.

Thanks a bunch Don. 

I use the Air Force Blaster (blows warm air) to dry it.  No water spots......have the whole house water softner/filter system.  At 70, I think this bottle of Last Coat will last me for as long as I will be riding.  Just surprised that it took this long to find a product that's so easy to use and produces a shine like I could only dream of. 

Thanks again, for your suggestions.

West Coast GTG   

WRE4U

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE3
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »

Hey Guys,
I'll jump in with a few thoughts....I enjoy waxing my cars...Corvettes, Lexus and Acuras, along with the Harleys that I have owned.  I'm no expert for sure, and always thought that a little elbow grease was the best solution.  In the old days it was straight wax from a can, took all day and looked great for awhile, and was hard work....but like I said it was hard work, but enjoyable to me!  As I have aged I looked for an easier solution (which I believe there is none) so I have tried all sorts of different types of waxes, spay ons, sealants, along with whatever the newest and best the pros were selling, and have found a product that I have used for the last couple of years.

A friend who owns an small airplane recommended https://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/4943?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI18yV87ja7QIVTD6tBh0ZGAA-EAQYASABEgIhCvD_BwE.  It is not the easiest product to use, it is applied like a wax, and buffed out after drying.  It does build up and after a few applications it provides an awesome shine.  Like I said I like the idea of a little elbow grease.  Water and bugs come off easy, and touch ups are now a breeze!
2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail
Convertible  FLSTSE3

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »

Hey Guys,
I'll jump in with a few thoughts....I enjoy waxing my cars...Corvettes, Lexus and Acuras, along with the Harleys that I have owned.  I'm no expert for sure, and always thought that a little elbow grease was the best solution.  In the old days it was straight wax from a can, took all day and looked great for awhile, and was hard work....but like I said it was hard work, but enjoyable to me!  As I have aged I looked for an easier solution (which I believe there is none) so I have tried all sorts of different types of waxes, spay ons, sealants, along with whatever the newest and best the pros were selling, and have found a product that I have used for the last couple of years.

A friend who owns an small airplane recommended https://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/4943?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI18yV87ja7QIVTD6tBh0ZGAA-EAQYASABEgIhCvD_BwE.  It is not the easiest product to use, it is applied like a wax, and buffed out after drying.  It does build up and after a few applications it provides an awesome shine.  Like I said I like the idea of a little elbow grease.  Water and bugs come off easy, and touch ups are now a breeze!
I'm familiar with Rejex. Not Something i would use on modern clearcoat automotive paint but would be good on older single stage paints, It is a polymer which has kind of fell out of favor for auto paints protection, Not sure why but it has.
The one thing I question is your buffing after dry. I would not do that. Buff it on with a orbital and an medium aggressive foam pad, let it flash and wipe off. Buffing off just removes the dry film and provides nothing to make product improve its performance. When dry it's dry, no chemical bonding can occur then.
Just my opinion, but I do know a guy who contracts to polish planes for a living and he does it as I described.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 24 queries.