Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road KingĀ®

2003 centennial gold paint code

(1/3) > >>

mroadking:
Would anyone happen tp know the paint code for a 2003 screaming eagle woth centennial gold?

thanks
in ppg ,auto color

SCRM-R:
Don't know the code, but I did get it matched.  I did some research and found out that during the pre-production period for this bike, the color code was called "Scooby Gold".  I went to a ppg paint center, and sure enough, their computer listed that color...bought a pint of it...perfect match.

mroadking:
Sweet I did hear that rumor that that Scoobie Gold might be the same, glad to know its confirmed.  the PPG dbc code is 902259

thanks  ;D

Mikey:
Do you know if you need to use a base color before the gold? Seems like someone said they were painted with a silver base?

SPIDERMAN:
Yeah I heard silver base as well, but my guy says a gold base gives a better end result.  The PPG paint code is off a bit. Ends up looking like the painter needed another coat. Stuff I've had done, the local PPG supply house has taken a piece of my bike and custom mixed (starting with the code stuff) to match. It isn't rocket science, just requires someone at the PPG shop who knows how to mix paint. Didn't know about Scooby Gold. Thanks for that info. I'm gonna check it out.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

B B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version