Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jensen replacement stereo head.  (Read 1185 times)

harleybar7

• Junior CVO Member
Jensen replacement stereo head.
« on: June 14, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »

Anyone else replaced their HK with the Jensen unit and have problems with the USB not identifying files? Put my I tunes library on a 64 Gig memory stick loaded 3500 songs and it only shows 1279 on the head. Keeps scrolling thru "Unknown" until it finds one it will read. Went back and converted all my I tunes files to MP3 and retried, Same thing. Ideas??? Thanks.
If Ailiens are looking for intelligent life, why are you scared?

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
Re: Jensen replacement stereo head.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »

My experience is that no matter the quality of the memory stick it never reads correctly, on my bike or in our cars. I went with older IPOD TOUCH units and never have these problems. On my 2005 I went with a Sony that had a USB cable so I could run it down and into the right lower storage space. On the 2014 it plugs into the supplied USB.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:51:43 PM by Wrongway »

harleybar7

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 06:53:44 PM »

Thanks for the input, I was hoping to avoid the I pod but that may be what works best in the end. Just put the new stereo in and jury is still out on the Jensen it is easy to install though. Unfortunately my I pod touch took a walk last week when some POS broke into my truck. may have to buy another.

barrhill

• barrhil
  • Full CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 CVO RK gold and copper
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO RGC maple
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO RGC mako shark fade
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:06:48 PM »

you have to change your I tunes settings and convert to mp3 instead of mp4
if your fast on your computer it not bad if you are like me its painful  I heard there is a converter deal also

after you figure it out its not bad and seems to cause little issue other then when stick gets a little damp / dry ot out and it works again
2019 road glide Mako 2012 road glide  in maple , GMR 117,600 gmr cams , fullsac pipes and slipons , S&S crank and oil pump , TTS ,Barnett scorpion , 58mm oval HPI ,DD7   2008 CVO road king in copper with 16 apes ,fullsac baffles, SE tuner

harleybar7

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 10:50:40 AM »

Thanks for the help. I did convert to MP3 but still the issue. Tried a 32 gig stick instead and same thing. Also the thing always shows 1279 songs. Is that the max? (so much for supporting 64Gigs as advertised)I also have album art in my I tunes files, could that be the problem? Thanks

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 06:44:13 PM »

Thanks for the help. I did convert to MP3 but still the issue. Tried a 32 gig stick instead and same thing. Also the thing always shows 1279 songs. Is that the max? (so much for supporting 64Gigs as advertised)I also have album art in my I tunes files, could that be the problem? Thanks

No, I have done it both ways and with the same results. Tried all the different formats, drives, and MPs, they all failed to show all tunes I install.

harleybar7

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 07:32:42 PM »

Thanks, going to give this thing a fair shake but not impressed so far other than easy install.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 09:47:45 AM »

It's not the unit, I had the same results with Sony, Subaru, Harmon Kardon, and Toyota.   

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 10:12:01 AM »

It's not the unit, I had the same results with Sony, Subaru, Harmon Kardon, and Toyota.

As best I can tell all the various systems try to index the content of the drive when you first attach it, and then update that index file if you make any additions or subtractions as time goes by.  As long as the USB thumb drive is formatted correctly (people need to check, I've purchased drives that were too large for the old FAT file systems but still came formatted for FAT from the manufacturer), the only other limiting factor I can think of is the operating system of the entertainment system and the amount of memory in that system dedicated to storing user information.  Check the systems and you are likely to find most of them use the same media players, and that could in fact be where the problem really lies.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

harleybar7

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 02:18:40 AM »

Thanks for your help.

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 25 queries.