Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Interesting stage 4 build...  (Read 7317 times)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Interesting stage 4 build...
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »

that's all fine and dandy until you're 1000 miles from home and your bike decides to lunch itself.  now you are either at the mercy of any local dealer, or trying to find some way to get your bike back home.

don't get me wrong, I am in no way advocating leaving your bike stock.  I was just commenting on the tune/warranty thing....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 03:19:06 PM »

This is how I got my broken bike, myself and wife home 950 miles out. Insurance paid for it under towing.
Dealer couldn't get the part needed for 3 days. No thanks, gotta go.

Steve@fullsac.com
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »

The way I view life is that sometimes you decide to take a risk...kind of like self insure rather than  $1000 per month high deductible health insurance.... In this case if the bike goes to sh*t I can write a check to cover the cost. Not to be disrespectful but I consider this warranty thing just a cost of doing business. Life is way to short to worry about a frikken motorcycle warranty claim.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »

The way I view life is that sometimes you decide to take a risk...kind of like self insure rather than  $1000 per month high deductible health insurance.... In this case if the bike goes to sh*t I can write a check to cover the cost. Not to be disrespectful but I consider this warranty thing just a cost of doing business. Life is way to short to worry about a frikken motorcycle warranty claim.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :drink:
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 05:50:13 PM »

MY dealer will still warranty his work no matter what tuner is used. But they won't if any non HD internals are used.

I'm confused.  Are you concerned about voiding the warranty, or not?

Also, wouldn't the Stage 4 cam still increase power in the range you ride in at the same time it extends the power band?

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 07:15:13 PM »

Yes and no.  The warranty is there with the HD build but was not the determining factor in the build decisions.  I may go to aftermarket cam when there is verified results and production availability. Until then the build is acceptable to me for what the bike is intended to do.  The build moves the power band more to the left rather than in the upper RPM range and seems to have lost little horsepower in relationship to the total stage 4 build. All that said if for some odd reason I took the bike on a cross country trip and the nearest dealer will not warranty the build so be it.  Again in all respect just because the build is honored by my dealer it is of little concern if it is not recognized by a different dealer.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 09:52:53 PM »

Means the guy can afford to play the way he wants. Good for him.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

springer09

• 2nd place is the 1st loser

• CVO1: 09 cvo springer blue
    • CVO2: 08 cvo springer orange
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 10:27:16 AM »

wow sounds like you got better luck then me . i did stage 4 with short heave breather, vance and hines x pipe cfr slip ons , tts tuner and bike wont even pull out without coughing and shutting off, got to ride clutch to keep it running and once moving above 3000 rpms it takes off like a rocket , 2017 road glide m8 bike is almost unrideable , very disapoointed about this stage 4

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 02:12:59 PM »

wow sounds like you got better luck then me . i did stage 4 with short heave breather, vance and hines x pipe cfr slip ons , tts tuner and bike wont even pull out without coughing and shutting off, got to ride clutch to keep it running and once moving above 3000 rpms it takes off like a rocket , 2017 road glide m8 bike is almost unrideable , very disapoointed about this stage 4

I am not so sure you should be holding a grudge of the Stage lV vs going after your tuner and sayin what the F did you do wrong.  Yours is truly unlike any other Stage lV builds.
Here is one in particular.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1168273-17-cvo-limited-117-stage-iv-jackpot-headpipe-tune-128hp-128ftlbs.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1167025-new-head-pipe-4.html#post16108577
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

springer09

• 2nd place is the 1st loser

• CVO1: 09 cvo springer blue
    • CVO2: 08 cvo springer orange
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 05:14:37 PM »

yea joe looks good , mine is a 114 build , its not a cvo

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »

Means the guy can afford to play the way he wants. Good for him.

Totally agree.  I was just a little confused by what seemed like two contrasting statements.  I can see the two views after his last post.  Not too unlike my T-Man build from a few years ago where my local dealer who did the build would've worked with me if something broke (at least within the first year or whatever).  But, out on the road I'd have been SOL. 

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 06:07:42 PM »

Springer, sorry to hear about your difficulty with the build.  As was stated unless you used a hodge podge of parts that are not compatible with each other it is all in the tune.  It almost sounds as if you have a leak somewhere that is messing with the computer.  Not sure about your build details, but if it is all HD then it is definitely something wrong with the tune.  Your bike should pull from 2000 RPM without a hiccup.  Get back to who did the build and tune and start asking some pointed questions.  Good luck to you.

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 08:28:15 PM »

yea joe looks good , mine is a 114 build , its not a cvo

I saw that your's is a 114".  I was just showing that a Stage lV, 114 or 117, can run non Harley exhaust and an Non OEM tuner and truly run pretty damn sweet. 
I would certainly be asking some questions and asking them to check things over.
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 11:46:15 PM »

I saw that your's is a 114".  I was just showing that a Stage lV, 114 or 117, can run non Harley exhaust and an Non OEM tuner and truly run pretty damn sweet. 
I would certainly be asking some questions and asking them to check things over.
Yea, definitely something wrong here. Bike never should have left the shop running like that.
Alan
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.