Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stage IV kit  (Read 7429 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Stage IV kit
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 11:11:16 AM »

Great to hear' my only concern with stage 4  SE 515 cam was the torque that comes in at high rpm, not great when you live in a city with red light and speed cameras all over the place.
I think I'm going to go with your option. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What is considered high  RPM?   The cam is at 100ft lbs just before 2500RPM seems to pull a  CVO Street glide pretty decent. naturally  its not going to pull as hard as some cams may, but then again it keeps on pulling if you like the big end.   Seem they seem to be a bit noisy to be sure.  sewing machine noise but not like some others over the years .   if you ride one up it fgood to go but if your two up loaded I understand the lesser cams.

jude05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »

What is considered high  RPM?   The cam is at 100ft lbs just before 2500RPM seems to pull a  CVO Street glide pretty decent. naturally  its not going to pull as hard as some cams may, but then again it keeps on pulling if you like the big end.   Seem they seem to be a bit noisy to be sure.  sewing machine noise but not like some others over the years .   if you ride one up it fgood to go but if your two up loaded I understand the lesser cams.
By the numbers I'm not going to feel a lot of difference from my stock 114 till about 4000 rpm, that's when the magic happens. The bike pulls pretty good stock so it's probably going to be ok for me.
Global shortage of stage 4 kits so I've got at least a 6 week more wait to get one down under!! I'm frothing at the bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »

I have a 1000+ miles on my Stage 4-stage3 cam build.  The bike is impressive.  I am pleased with it and doubt if I will mess with it when the warranty is up. I especially like that when the bike is up to operating temperature it idles like a Harley should not at 1200 RPM like a lot of the fuel injected bikes I have heard.  So all is good.  Finally a CVO that I might actually keep for longer than a year!  Good luck with your choices.

SemperFi64

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 06:40:07 PM »

I have had two experiences with my CVO SG stage IV 117, somewhat above 90+ we start to get a front end shimmy, just where exactly above 90 unsure get a little  busy.
Thinking neck bearings, anyone else got thoughts?
Never had it with the 94 FLHTCU, or 14 CVO RK.
Thanks

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 09:38:16 PM »

I have had two experiences with my CVO SG stage IV 117, somewhat above 90+ we start to get a front end shimmy, just where exactly above 90 unsure get a little  busy.
Thinking neck bearings, anyone else got thoughts?
Never had it with the 94 FLHTCU, or 14 CVO RK.
Thanks
tiews or balance or all the above maybe more.  swingarm
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 24 queries.