CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

New GTS now made to fit 2014-2018 bikes.

<< < (2/6) > >>

skratch:
yeah, I've heard of those issues.  thankfully the gts doesn't have them.  if I had the gt with those, I would be giving consideration to the gts upgrade, or at the least, the sony aftermarket replacement.

I like that it 'remember's all the mp3s and doesn't have to go through the indexing process on every startup.

iski:
Mine has all those glitches plus the "no media found" screen which shows up regularly, even when the unit is playing & changing songs on an MP3. Navigation system is sort of reliable but it also has some issues.

Looked at the Sony unit but is not close enough to consider.

"The Sony XAV-AX 5000 is not marine grade like the Boom Box system is. So, you'd need to be careful if riding in heavy rains and when washing your Harley. You'll lose your intercom functionality and it's not CB radio compatible. Additionally, you won't see your EITMS on/off screen or oil pressure like on the Boom Box."

I ride in heavy rain so it's not a consideration even if it was fully functional.

mjb765:
I guess I have been lucky...my stock '15 radio has none of the issues described. Not sure about the huge thumb drive problems, but no glitches on the screen or errors.

WildmanUltra:

--- Quote from: mjb765 on December 01, 2019, 08:07:46 PM ---Fits 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra but not 2015 CVO Street Glide? Weird, wrong or is it something to do with the Boom Stage2 and the amps?

UPDATE...

Found it for the CVO Street Glide..different part number.  Maybe flashed for amps?

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/boom%21-box-gts-radio-kit-pa-08-76000829a-1

--- End quote ---

Sorry I should have posted both model numbers for both bikes. But glad to see HD is now offering it for both our bikes.  Now I just need to win the Lotto.....    :nixweiss:

BigLock:
Yep MoCo must have seen that Pete at soundz had a kit to make it work in the other bikes. So not too let him get all the fun hey we're retro it too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version