Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddlebag removal . . .  (Read 1087 times)

wideslammer

Saddlebag removal . . .
« on: March 10, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »

The 2011 Softail Convertible that I'm considering is not in the dealer's showroom so I can't examine it "in person." Instead, it would have to be obtained in a trade between two dealers. Anyway, I'm wondering about the removal of the saddlebags. Are they easily and quickly removable or are they "bolted" to the bike. I believe the sissy bar, passenger seat and windshield can all be readily removed --- "release latches" for the sissy bar and windshield and a knurled screw in the fender for the passenger seat. Am I correct about that? Also, is there a separate fender screw of some sort for the driver's seat?

Thanks in advance for your help. I may have more questions and will appreciate the assistance that you can offer.
Ron

RidgecrestCVO

Re: Saddlebag removal . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:39:58 PM »

Ron, The saddlebags are not bolted on and are very easy to remove and install in no time. The front seat is held on by two knurled bolts that have groves for the rear pillion to slide into to secure the front portion of the rear seat. It's a convertible everything comes off and installs very quickly.   :bananarock:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:43:29 PM by RidgecrestCVO »

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.