Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Wrongway:
Ride one! I have loaned my Springer to a number of friends and they have all said the same thing, "They don't handle bad" as they/you all have been lead to believe. Never a bearing problem here @54,000 miles.

sooiee:
I too have a springer (FL Springer) and love the thing.  It rides "different".  No, it's not heavy like everyone will tell you.  Heck, it's been around for a LONG time and even took the punishment of many unpaved battlefields....110 and 6 speeds on a bike like this...your face is gonna hurt from grinning so much!!!   ;D

Cheers,  [smiley=drink.gif]
J

RJ749:

--- Quote ---Not a big fan of Springer front ends. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Somewhere I remember hearing or reading that front bearings in this setup have a tendency to wear out sooner due to the fact that the axle is not inline w/the forks. [smiley=confused5.gif] Also had heard they [highlight]handle differently [/highlight]then telescopic forks also, but can't testify to that since I've never ridden one. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]Ride Safe,Fired00d [smiley=fireman.gif]
--- End quote ---

Yes they do!  Sooner or later if you've never riden a pogo stick, you will.

I'm still looking at another one, but I won't "push" it when I ride.

Only bike I have had a front blow out on, it handled that just fine a 80 on the freeway going straight.  Man those tire go flat fast.  

Anyway, I much prefer my DWG's over my springers.

kng103:
i would love to see a springer front end on a road king.
so retro.

RJ749:

--- Quote ---i would love to see a springer front end on a road king.
so retro.
--- End quote ---

You can take my order right now if it could be delivered from the MoCo.  CVO 110 RK Springer,

SERKS, yep, that would be me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version