Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

FXSTSSE Ride Quality

(1/6) > >>

FrankD:
Group,
 I was wondering if any of you new owners can share any information regarding the suspension, handling and ride quality compared to the EVO FXSTS. I'm presently riding a SERG but I have owned two Springers (89 and 96) and I'm thinking of purchasing one of these bikes.

Thanks,
Frank

DHTDHT:
I posted on this very subject recently, here is my old post:

Well, I love the bike. It feels very solid.  I also have an '89 Springer, and believe it or not, it actually handles better than this one.  I attribute this to various things.  #1 The older bike has a skinnier rear wheel, well known to corner more smoothly. #2 The older bike has "buckhorn" handlebars

Shodan01:
I had one (now mom has one)....

The bike was one of the most smooth bikes I rode for about 800 miles.  The front is a bit heaver than my other non fairing harleys, but the bike is ever bit as agile as any other I had.  The seat is actually comfortable, where my wife's dyna is a bit uncomfortable..

Great bike.......

Steve

DHTDHT:

--- Quote ---I had one (now mom has one)....

The bike was one of the most smooth bikes I rode for about 800 miles.
--- End quote ---

FrankD:
Posters,

Thanks for your input I sat on a red one today. I'm disappointed with the color red actually the blue is sharper looking. My main problem is my 34 inch inseam. I had to change out the forward controls and seat on my 1996 to make it rideable. The dealer has another seat for the bike but no one has manufactured forward controls yet according to the Parts Department.

Frank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version