Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Price opinion on Deuce  (Read 9925 times)

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
Re: Price opinion on Deuce
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 09:40:39 AM »

After admiring your bike for the last couple of years since I first layed eyes on her, I assumed you must be mechanically inclined to some degree - Hell of a nice looking bike! However, I just think with all the mods you've done, and as far from stock that you've gotten, you just might not remember how she really was at one time. You gotta admit, there's not a lot left thats stock anymore. That said, no '03 came with a hydraulic clutch, and the '04 brochure lists the hydraulic actuated clutch as a new 2004 feature, but then again, it's not a big deal.  Don't mean to kick an old guy losing his memory when he's down - OK, maybe a little!  Have a great weekend...

:orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock:

I had a 2003 CVO Duece  :2vrolijk_21: ....you're right Dude....no Hyd. Clutch  :nervous:.....great scoot!!!!!  :carrot:
napalm

Genesis1

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 11:01:21 PM »

I do like the 04, nice color, but the biggest difference is the fact that there is only one 100th Aniversary year, and thats 2003.

The values arent that different right now, but given the build numbers, 2950 (??) of the 2003, this will be the year that will be more desirable in the future.  It may take anouther 15 years, but Ill take the 100th Aniversary over the 101.

I know that even at this time, in Canada at least, there are only about 10 of the 2003 SE Dueces (That I have been able to track down)  There are 2 that the owner of Gasoline Alley Harley in Red Deer Alberta has, mothballed them to my knowledge, mine, one other that a real sweet honey rides and a few others that I have heard of and thats it.  Im sure there are alot more, but no one that I have talked to can give me any idea how many were shipped here, or how many have been imported since release in 2003.

Thats my 2 pennies (2.001 cents in american, sure feels nice to say that for a change hahaha).

BTW if anyone has any more infor on build #'s etc for the 2003s, let me know!!
Money cant buy happyness, but it sure can rent some Grade "A" affection.

screaminbrabus

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 03:18:45 PM »

Really enjoyed the thread. My "doesn't matter" opinion is.... the 03 was without the hydraulic clutch, and the o4 color scheme of yellow and cobalt blue really made me jealous along with the upgraded custom gauges. But after experiencing the 100th "welcome home" tour in Milwaukee, and the unbelievable 1.5 million bikers invaded a city of only 1.4 million for 8 days. The 2003 nostalgia value and history make me feel like the Centennial Gold with gold leaf trim will be the ultimate experience and collectors choice. Especially if you were lucky enough to experience the "Party", and gobble up all those gold coins just for visiting all 4 plants, and to tour the old location, and then see the high tech manufacturing was truly special. The other honorable mention was actually visiting the "Willie G"  CVO operations which is behind the original location. The vision and chances that Harley took in the early eighties, are a direct result of ALL of these Screamin Eagle/ CVO/V-ROD/and BUELL products that we have come to enjoy. Granted some more than others. But when Willie G and his investors bought Harley back from AMF,(aka the bowling alley company), they were on the verge of extinction and in bankruptcy.
For me, the only thing better than owning a piece of the American dream and success story, is being Lucky enough to own both the 2003 SE Deuce, and the SE Road King. As for their value. I will tell you I over paid for both. But I also got to be part of the celebration and the 100,000 bike parade down Wisconsin avenue waving to the crowds who were lined up for over 40 miles. 2003 will always be the grand celebration. Just the bands and celebrities that were there will never be duplicated. And not that I am complaining, but the only downer was the headliner. At the time was rumoured to be either  Rolling Stones, or even reuniting Led Zeppelin......It ended up being Elton John... and he sang Rocket man. Still no regrets.  Hope I contributed.

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 11:40:28 PM »

Guys,
The 2003 Road King has the hydraulic clutch and the first production 103 CI. Unless my alltimers is kicking in! It has been a great bike! I would like to buy a 2003 Deuce for the collection and probably will.
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 11:44:37 PM »

looked at one at great south HD last weekend.  had 8500 miles on it.  they were asking $17, but i'm sure you could do better from a private party.
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 24 queries.