Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Gap between seat and tanK?  (Read 83923 times)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
Re: Gap between seat and tanK?
« Reply #435 on: November 23, 2010, 01:07:03 PM »

The replacement seats do match the originals as far as pattern.

While they do fix the gap issue be sure to check the seat to side cover clearances with you on the bike. My replacement seat rubbed on the side covers and would have damaged the paint. I sold it and went with a Corbin.

Hope yours fits better than mine did
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #436 on: November 23, 2010, 01:13:06 PM »

The replacement seats do match the originals as far as pattern.

While they do fix the gap issue be sure to check the seat to side cover clearances with you on the bike. My replacement seat rubbed on the side covers and would have damaged the paint. I sold it and went with a Corbin.

Hope yours fits better than mine did
I'll check whenever it comes in for sure.  My weight is 252, dont tell no one, yea right.  Does it look the same, I hope it is stiched a little different. Thanks for the feedback Mr. Wheels.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #437 on: November 23, 2010, 07:45:06 PM »

RedDevil:  Talked to dealer today after I found out the gap is also on my bike.  Dont have the bars for saddlebags but he said he would say I did cause I am going forth on this.  So he ordered the replacement seat that was given on the bulliten.  I hope it matches the passenger pad.  Do you know if it does or anyone for that matter.  I guess my belly covered it up till I finally bent over with much force.  HEHE.   

The replacement seat matches your old seat and backrest. The difference is the blocks that they put on the frame rails as shown in the bulletin and the revised seat has an "A" designation in the part number. The revised seat has a steel backbone that runs partially down the undeside of the seat pan.

It doesn't stiffen up the front part of the seat that rests against the lower part of the tank trim so the gap is still there and in some cases worse that it was with the origional seat.

So the evolving solution may be the 2011 SESG seat and backrest.   

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #438 on: December 03, 2010, 10:48:40 AM »

The replacement seat matches your old seat and backrest. The difference is the blocks that they put on the frame rails as shown in the bulletin and the revised seat has an "A" designation in the part number. The revised seat has a steel backbone that runs partially down the undeside of the seat pan.

It doesn't stiffen up the front part of the seat that rests against the lower part of the tank trim so the gap is still there and in some cases worse that it was with the origional seat.

So the evolving solution may be the 2011 SESG seat and backrest.   

Dealer called today the seat is in. Going to pick it up and see if it is any better than original.   BuckNut :2vrolijk_21:

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #439 on: December 03, 2010, 11:49:10 AM »

Has anyone been given the option to "upgrade" to the '11 SESG seat?

I'm still fighting my '09 SERG seat gap issue and I'll be darned if I buy a seat to fix a HD problem.  I've had the rails installed and then a new '09 SERG seat.  The gap is not as bad, about 1/8" when I'm off the bike and when I'm on the bike the gap goes to about 1/2".  Also the new seat had very poor padding on the front top of the seat.  About the only thing that holds the round shape is the material itself.  I can poke into the seat with my finger and it's empty inside, very poor quality on the seat itself, let alone it still gaps when I sit on the bike.

I've been told to bring the bike in this winter to have the HD rep look at it, but without me being there I'm not sure how hard the dealer will push HD for a replacement seat.  I've heard that the '11 SESG seat is a good fit and does not gap like the SERG and SESG's do.  I'm going to push them for an '11 SESG seat and I know the backrest on the chopped tourpak will not match, but it's not that much different.

Any progress from you guys on the seat gap issue will still help us late adopters of the '09 SERG's that are still under the factory 2yr warranty.

Thanks for all the updates.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #440 on: December 03, 2010, 01:13:39 PM »

I'm still fighting my '09 SERG seat gap issue and I'll be darned if I buy a seat to fix a HD problem.  I've had the rails installed and then a new '09 SERG seat.  The gap is not as bad, about 1/8" when I'm off the bike and when I'm on the bike the gap goes to about 1/2".  Also the new seat had very poor padding on the front top of the seat.  About the only thing that holds the round shape is the material itself.  I can poke into the seat with my finger and it's empty inside, very poor quality on the seat itself, let alone it still gaps when I sit on the bike.

I've been told to bring the bike in this winter to have the HD rep look at it, but without me being there I'm not sure how hard the dealer will push HD for a replacement seat.  I've heard that the '11 SESG seat is a good fit and does not gap like the SERG and SESG's do.  I'm going to push them for an '11 SESG seat and I know the backrest on the chopped tourpak will not match, but it's not that much different.

Any progress from you guys on the seat gap issue will still help us late adopters of the '09 SERG's that are still under the factory 2yr warranty.

Just installed the new seat.  Sat on it for about 15 min.  listening to some Lynrd Skynrd no gap issue as of now.  As for other options non that my dealer knows about:  such as the 11 you are talking about.  But the real test will be when I get some miles on it which wont be for awhile here in the Buckeye State.  Dam cold here.

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #441 on: December 03, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »

I'm still fighting my '09 SERG seat gap issue and I'll be darned if I buy a seat to fix a HD problem.  I've had the rails installed and then a new '09 SERG seat.  The gap is not as bad, about 1/8" when I'm off the bike and when I'm on the bike the gap goes to about 1/2".  Also the new seat had very poor padding on the front top of the seat.  About the only thing that holds the round shape is the material itself.  I can poke into the seat with my finger and it's empty inside, very poor quality on the seat itself, let alone it still gaps when I sit on the bike.

I've been told to bring the bike in this winter to have the HD rep look at it, but without me being there I'm not sure how hard the dealer will push HD for a replacement seat.  I've heard that the '11 SESG seat is a good fit and does not gap like the SERG and SESG's do.  I'm going to push them for an '11 SESG seat and I know the backrest on the chopped tourpak will not match, but it's not that much different.

Dan, Nice Board track bike, check your email, Mike
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:28:51 PM by FLHXSE2 »

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #442 on: December 03, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »

Just installed the new seat.  Sat on it for about 15 min.  listening to some Lynrd Skynrd no gap issue as of now.  As for other options non that my dealer knows about:  such as the 11 you are talking about.  But the real test will be when I get some miles on it which wont be for awhile here in the Buckeye State.  Dam cold here.

Check the distance between the seat and the side covers while you sit on it I'll bet they will rub on the covers now  :nixweiss:

Been there done that
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2010, 10:33:52 PM »

Check the distance between the seat and the side covers while you sit on it I'll bet they will rub on the covers now  :nixweiss:

Been there done that
Wheels: it sits just about the same as the previous seat.  Which you are correct about the side covers.  But there is that film protecting the paint.  But I will keep an eye on it when I ride again:  Got a feeling thats going to me like March if Lucky.  Thanks for your concern my Brother  :2vrolijk_21:

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #444 on: December 05, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »

2010 flhxse now with the 2011 seat and back rests.  No gap, no sider-cover rub and more comfortable than my original.  Very happy even with a 500+ mile day on it.  Now just waiting for the iPod interface and deck lid mount to come in  ;D
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #445 on: December 06, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »

2010 flhxse now with the 2011 seat and back rests.  No gap, no sider-cover rub and more comfortable than my original.  Very happy even with a 500+ mile day on it.  Now just waiting for the iPod interface and deck lid mount to come in  ;D

How much MKW?  Bought from dealer?
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #446 on: December 06, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »

So you guys are up for correction of spend to fix.  Are you Friggan Nuts.  Just SAYING  :nervous: :o

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #447 on: December 13, 2010, 10:05:32 PM »

I do not have the exact figure but I do know it was 15% off MSRP.  Very happy with it.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #448 on: December 13, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »

So you guys are up for correction of spend to fix.  Are you Friggan Nuts.  Just SAYING  :nervous: :o

I just wanted a nice qualty replacement to the original and it happen to be one from the MoCo.  Hell, this site is full of guys (and gals) who buy and $30K+ bike and then often times before the bike leaves the dealer they swap out perfactly good gauges, wheels, seats, etc.  Geeze........... ;)
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #449 on: December 14, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »

I just wanted a nice qualty replacement to the original and it happen to be one from the MoCo.  Hell, this site is full of guys (and gals) who buy and $30K+ bike and then often times before the bike leaves the dealer they swap out perfactly good gauges, wheels, seats, etc.  Geeze........... ;)

Thanks for "taking the point " on the 2011 SESG seat replacement issue. I'm glad that it is still working for you and am very interested in your periodic update on how it is working.

Regards

Jerry
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 25 queries.