Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Deuce®

Corrosion on front fender

(1/3) > >>

Richyunker:
Doing my 30k inspection, removing my front fender found corrosion (rust) below the paint surface in the black. I was upset at the least. I love this bike for the following reasons

1. Bike is beautiful to look at
2. Runs great
3. Fun to ride

So, the little corrosion is like a huge kick in the nuts. I will bring it to the paint shop on Tuesday and see if they can fix it without destroying the overly cool custom paint on the fender, hopefully without breaking many banks.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Richyunker on February 28, 2016, 06:04:51 PM ---Doing my 30k inspection, removing my front fender found corrosion (rust) below the paint surface in the black. I was upset at the least. I love this bike for the following reasons

1. Bike is beautiful to look at
2. Runs great
3. Fun to ride

So, the little corrosion is like a huge kick in the nuts. I will bring it to the paint shop on Tuesday and see if they can fix it without destroying the overly cool custom paint on the fender, hopefully without breaking many banks.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunate you're dealing with the issue.  Hard to complain too much though about a bolted contact point that begins to show a little after 13 years.  Good catch on your part though.  Get it touched up and ride it to the quarter century mark :drink: .

Richyunker:
It wasn't by the bolt, it is on the back of the fender closest to the road about 1/2" up darn close to the custom paint.

Thanks for the advise

Richyunker:
Will post a photo tomorrow

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Richyunker on February 28, 2016, 07:05:57 PM ---It wasn't by the bolt, it is on the back of the fender closest to the road about 1/2" up darn close to the custom paint.

Thanks for the advise

--- End quote ---

My Road Glide is three years older more classic than your Deuce.  If we like 'em and continue to ride them that's the TLC that comes to be required.  The old classic Road Glide got a front fender repaint about a year and a half ago.  It's an easier pill to swallow than your Deuce though.  Front fender on it is one color.

I might be mistaken here.  Have recollection of someone on the site offering some spare Deuce painted parts for sale some time back.  It's been awhile but I don't remember reading of them being sold.  If you're patient enough to search through a couple years worth of for sale threads might be worthwhile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version