Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Deuce®

Corrosion on front fender

<< < (2/3) > >>

Richyunker:
Ok, guess I am a little picky. Here is the photo now that my bride went to work I was able to use the kitchen for better lighting...

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Richyunker on February 29, 2016, 07:23:33 AM ---Ok, guess I am a little picky. Here is the photo now that my bride went to work I was able to use the kitchen for better lighting...

--- End quote ---

A dozen years plus and picked up a chip that comes from actually being in use.  That's not a bad thing.  That's just a badge of honor showing the damn thing actually gets ridden.

Richyunker:
Dropped it off at the paint shop this morning, they believe they can fix it correctly $200 and a few days. I will get it on my next day off (Tuesday). I will post photo when I get it back.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Richyunker on March 01, 2016, 11:18:29 AM ---Dropped it off at the paint shop this morning, they believe they can fix it correctly $200 and a few days. I will get it on my next day off (Tuesday). I will post photo when I get it back.

--- End quote ---

Best of luck on having it all sorted promptly and in good order.   :2vrolijk_21:

deldago:
Just a heads up, keep an eye on this area when cleaning the bike. If that chip had been touched up soon after it happened it would keep it from getting rusty to the point that it needs sanding and painting to fix. I always seem to pick up small chips in the edge of the fender and have been able to touch them up before any problems. It has been part of my clean up routine to inspect both fenders closely after every wash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version